I weigh too much!

Started by Madcombat, 11-11-2009

Madcombat

Ok guys, I was thinking of this idea, dont know if it has been spoken or discussed before about -but-.

I notice some people have like 4 suits, and 20 firearms without it effecting there charicter, oviously not a huge issue, yet, it does bring unrealism to the game, I do understand we have those bugs, yet, if I was to put it into a roleplay situation:
* Madcombat takes out two AK47's fireing it at some Monolith, then he drops these pulling out a Viper firing at a Monolith, and then just has his firearm runs dry, with his big ol' bulky Exo Suit, he pulls out a RPG blowing up a Millitery Chopper.

Yes I know its "Over Acted", yet, I have never seen any charicter actualy roleplay them being Tired from wearing so much gear.

If you have like more then 5 firearms and more then 3 Suits, along with aload of Bear and whisk, your going to be tired, aswell as your aim will be effected, how fast you run, and you may gain some injurys, so what I am asking, is that we think about this, yeah, we got these dam bugs, yet nothing stops us from using /ar does it?
plus, not to mention, think about all the stuff you can get from the extra un-needed items you have.

Not to mention, its so easy to find a AK laying around the zone, a good example of what my charicter basicly has.

- AK (Basic Firearm)
- Freedom Suit (Not being used for a while though)
- Drinks and Food (I do get hungry)

Sure, as we get stronger, like Streloke and Merc Scar, we gain so much crap in our inv that we need to sell off alot of crap, same applys here.

Comment and discuss.

Dark Angel

People fail and that's the end of the story.

Find good RPers and you are gonna be fine.

KillSlim

I just carry what I need. I keep under 6 items also to avoid loosing them if there's a crash (Both server and clientside)
Anyway, I suggested a weight system be introduced in Rad script 2.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

KillSlim

'Fixed inventory' Doesn't mean 'Added weight system'.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Lucidius

Quote from: KillSlim on 08-11-2009
-A new, more attractive HUD. Maybe the one Tund ripped?

-Weapons' accuracy correspond to their actual performance in the Stalker games. This mainly concerns accuracy. Older weapons like Kalashnikovs, and less accurate weapons like SMG's and pistols have their accuracy reduced. I mean, I sniped someone with an AK-74u, those things should have low-medium accuracy!

-Weapons' accuracy increases when you use Iron-sights / scopes, as seen in Kermites swep packs.

-Shotguns have the option to switch to either Slugs or Buckshots, as seen in Kermites shotgun swep pack.

-Make the unused Mercenary models into suits. It's a shame to see those awesome models go to waste.

-A Weight limit in your inventory (?)

-PDA System, where you can make your own Biography, and view others' biography, along with viewing item information in detail (Not sure if this is possible.)

I referred to Kermite's weapons packs to show it has been done and that it is possible.

Also, it's so he makes any further suggestions in the important thread.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Combine

doesn't a EXO allow you to carry a fuck load of stuff?

Torch

Quote from: Combine on 16-11-2009

Yeah, but they keep you from sprinting and the weigh a fuck load to begin with.

Zero

Quote from: Torch on 16-11-2009
Quote from: Combine on 16-11-2009

Yeah, but they keep you from sprinting and the weigh a fuck load to begin with.
You need upgrades in game, but honestly I don't think upgrades should be in the roleplay because its either A a powergame upgrade or two, just confusing as hell.

Bagelz

NOPE UPGRADES ARE GOOD *Guzzles vodka*

scoutfreak

Yea i  also find this as a bit of a problem. while i'm playing, Combine is walking around with enough guns to arm every one on the server, its just rediculus

Plunger

Quote from: Dark Angel on 11-11-2009
People fail and that's the end of the story.

Find good RPers and you are gonna be fine.
Your a person right?

Zarrick

I have usually on Wine, I wear an Exo and I either have a custom holstered Groza, and or a Spas....I DO have my other exo in my inventory, but thats ICly in a nuke-proof chest somewhere >_>

But yeah, alot of people think..."Theres no downside, so why make one"?
====================================

====================================

Plunger

Quote from: Zarrick on 18-11-2009
I have usually on Wine, I wear an Exo and I either have a custom holstered Groza, and or a Spas....I DO have my other exo in my inventory, but thats ICly in a nuke-proof chest somewhere >_>

But yeah, alot of people think..."Theres no downside, so why make one"?
Role-Play idea, Go into the blowout in your nuke proof chest.

Silver Knight

Quote from: KillSlim on 11-11-2009

Yeah it does.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KillSlim

Quote from: Silver Knight on 19-11-2009
Quote from: KillSlim on 11-11-2009

Yeah it does.

Fixed inventory = Suggests a bug has been fixed.
Added wight system = Added a new feature in the inventory system.

Simme/Panda

Is there going to be a Hunger/Thirst Mod in RAD2?

Madcombat

Your post is kinda in the wrong thread mate, ask in dev thread.

Markka

Humh. At least I tend to RP fatigue after carrying my duffle-/backpack. I mean.. I have a suit and several weapons and foodstuffs, that will wear anyone down after a while.

But yeah. I suppose it would be good to add some sort of a weight system to the RA2. Not like if you are carrying a "max amount" you can carry and then try to pick up... say... a bread, you
A) Cannot pick it up
B) Stop dead in your tracks
But more like slow down an X amount and can't sprint... Or something?

Dora Trajavna - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Alive

killdead 660

yea thats cool.

Visit Killdead 660's Signature shop today! :D
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/your-work!/killdead-660's-sig-shop!/