How not to Play To Win.

Started by Pawx, 14-10-2009

Pawx

Its about time someone makes this, been seeing this alot!

Number One, Playing To Win, This makes me sick..

If you do this alot, Don't complain that you get no RP, you deserve it.
Playing To Win will, and always, will make people add you to the Avoid List. Just Don't...Please...

Heres a Example of it.

BloodSucker 1: *Attempts to grab you from behind.*
Martin Creed: *Stunned, grabbed from behind, shaking.*
BloodSucker 1: *Throws you to the ground, roaring.*
Martin Creed: *Falls to the ground, going for his Knife.*
BloodSucker: *Starts to Claw him, hard, roaring as he Claws.*
Martin Creed: *Screams in pain, grabbing hold of his Knife, pulling it out.*
BloodSucker: *Look at the shiny Blade, hitting it out of your hand.*
Martin Creed: *Lets go of the Blade, screaming in pain.*
BloodSucker *Cuts your throat with one Claw, roaring.*

First off, That was indeed PowerGame at the end, Second, See how he reacts to the Blade, scared not to be killed.
Thats a thing not to do, give the people a break, For one, me, Im getting Killed and NLRed left and right lately.
Heres a example of a good way to RP:

BloodSucker: *Attempts to Claw the blade out of your hands.*
Martin Creed: *Pulls away his hand, screaming in pain as the Claw meets his Shoulder.*
Martin Creed: *Reacts to the Claw, Attempts to drive the Blade into the Suckers back.*
BloodSucker: *Shreaks in Pain, Quickly standing up.*
Martin Creed: *Crawls back, shaking.*
BloodSucker: *Turns on his Cloak, running away.*

This is fair to both sides of the RP, letting no BS go into effect. If I saw this more, I would cry in joy... Thats how bad my RP is going these days.

Oh and also, will I'm at it, Loners...This side of RP is soooo Fucked up right now.
Loners, this Faction is actually Robbing each other, and Bandits! Yes, Bandits!
They show no Fear RP, like for Example, I was walking around, with a Hunting Rifle, AK-47 on my back, Bandit.
All of a sudden, three Loners come out, robbing me. Tried to get them to Fear RP, all I got was a Bullet to the foot.

This is why I'm going to start straighting out Loner RP, by making a Loner, that actually acts like one, Teaching others IC and OCC.

Hopes this teaches and helps everyone :3

Radek

Suckers get killed all the time.. They almost always lose, But i know what your talking about to many players think their chars are god and cant be killed. Even when you have a gun to someonce head people tend to magically get a knife and stab you or throw them selfs at you..

Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Plunger

Quote from: Radek on 14-10-2009
Suckers get killed all the time.. They almost always lose, But i know what your talking about to many players think their chars are god and cant be killed. Even when you have a gun to someonce head people tend to magically get a knife and stab you or throw them selfs at you..

I had to kick someone who...

Had a gun to their head, and ran into another room. The person followed and was gunned down with an AK...

Assassinator

Bloodsuckers wouldn't run away just because a lone STALKER tried to stab them with a knife? Also, you can't make them fear you when they've got three guns against you.

Pawx

Quote from: Assassinator1097 on 14-10-2009
Bloodsuckers wouldn't run away just because a lone STALKER tried to stab them with a knife? Also, you can't make them fear you when they've got three guns against you.

First, yes, yes they do run away, I stabbed many Suckers in the back and they RPed running away, Second, The Loners had pisols, One unarmed, One with a Fort 12, and one with a knife, Who do you think is going to win?

So good sir, before you question my authority, Gtfo..

Assassinator

Realisticly even if someone has side-arms pointed at you, it's not about who has the most HP at the end. No one wants to get shot and almost die.

Pawx

Realisticly even if someone has side-arms pointed at you, it's not about who has the most HP at the end. No one wants to get shot and almost die.

Now your going off topic, this is how people Play to Win, and how Loners act, Do you see Loners robbing others in SOC?

I think not...Now again, as I said before.. Gtfo, and don't question MY AUTHORITY!

Assassinator

Playing to win would be having two weapons and a man with his fists against you with your automatic weapon, saying you could win by 2 HP.

Pawx

Playing to win would be having two weapons and a man with his fists against you with your automatic weapon, saying you could win by 2 HP.

....Really, Gtfo..thats diffently not what Play to Win is.. Stop trolling my Thread!

Plunger

Quote from: Poxkillerd on 14-10-2009

....Really, Gtfo..thats diffently not what Play to Win is.. Stop trolling my Thread!
Playing to win is refusing to lose a Role-Play even going as far as to make it wildly unbelievable.

Pawx

^ Thats Play to Win, someones on the ball!

Lucidius

Just because your a loner, doesn't mean you have set restrictions on how you can and cannot behave.

If I'm downtown, by myself, and some one asks me to kill their girlfriend, other then pure morals and what not, nothing is keeping me from accepting or declining based on "I'M NOT A PROFESSIONAL ASSASSIN THOUGH, I'M NOT A MERC, ETC"

Loner's are just _people_ who are not in a faction _in the zone_.

Just because a loner isn't a bandit, doesn't mean he can't rob, and he has to be nice and stick with other loners.

If anything loner's should be more cautious of other loners, seeing as how they have no Dogma, and could easily stab them in their back.

^^^ This needs to be a bit more thought of but having friendly ass loners does make for some interesting times.

Also: My opinions are right, because I posted the original post.

If some one has a pistol aimed at your head, it's no different from a sawn off or an SMG in terms of, you getting a bullet in the head and dieing.

MY GUNS ARE BETTER THERE FOR I SHOLD BE ABLE TO SHOOT QUICKER.

Srsly, you guys should think more.

Also, i'm a faggot <3
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Pawx

Quote from: Lucidius on 14-10-2009
Just because your a loner, doesn't mean you have set restrictions on how you can and cannot behave.

If I'm downtown, by myself, and some one asks me to kill their girlfriend, other then pure morals and what not, nothing is keeping me from accepting or declining based on "I'M NOT A PROFESSIONAL ASSASSIN THOUGH, I'M NOT A MERC, ETC"

Loner's are just _people_ who are not in a faction _in the zone_.

Just because a loner isn't a bandit, doesn't mean he can't rob, and he has to be nice and stick with other loners.

If anything loner's should be more cautious of other loners, seeing as how they have no Dogma, and could easily stab them in their back.

^^^ This needs to be a bit more thought of but having friendly ass loners does make for some interesting times.

Also: My opinions are right, because I posted the original post.

If some one has a pistol aimed at your head, it's no different from a sawn off or an SMG in terms of, you getting a bullet in the head and dieing.

MY GUNS ARE BETTER THERE FOR I SHOLD BE ABLE TO SHOOT QUICKER.

Srsly, you guys should think more.

Also, i'm a faggot <3

Actually, yes, Loners are not allowed to Rob, its uncannon, Which means a big fat no no

Killing jobs are for Loners too, Im not saying you cant do that, just dont do jobs other factions do besides Mercs.

Lucidius

A loner can do most anythin, they are not bound by any contract, oath, etc.

It IS canon, (one n).

Loner isn't a faction, it's just a title to show that they are not in a faction.

See to above example:

Some one cannot rob another person if they are not a bandit.

Look at shop lifting.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Plunger

Quote from: Lucidius on 14-10-2009
A loner can do most anythin, they are not bound by any contract, oath, etc.

It IS canon, (one n).

Loner isn't a faction, it's just a title to show that they are not in a faction.

See to above example:

Some one cannot rob another person if they are not a bandit.

Look at shop lifting.
Which is much makes it ironic in CS.

Lucidius

It wasn't too ironic in CS.

They organized all the loners to make a group and kick the military out and so that the zone would be free for stalkers to explore without dealing with.

If some one made a group of fellow office workers, they all may be in a group but they are still office workers.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Pawx

Im going to say this again, ONCE MORE!

LONERS...DO NOT...ROB OTHERS!

They collect Artifacts, do jobs, and survive. Robbing is deffintly Uncannon, don't argue please..

P.S: Alot of Admins watching this Thread :3

Lucidius

Quote from: StalkerWikiWhilst not a proper faction of their own as per se, killing a Loner will earn the enmity of every other Loner in the game; it is implied that word spreads quickly among this nomadic group, and that they don't take kindly to murderers.

Only thing said about killing other loners.

Nothing about loners killing bandits which:
Quote from: StalkerWiki
Their main rival factions are Bandits and the Military.

Decided i'de post some tangible information instead of my own thoughts for once :B

My Profile[/b][/size]

Paintcheck

1 on 1 a sucker will win. That's a poor example. Short of someone having an Exo or similar suit and a nice weapon, a sucker will be stronger, faster, and very lethal up close. Yes suckers aren't that bad in SoC due to gameplay mechanics but if you actually pay attention to canon in game they are badass creatures. You're not going to win a knife fight against a sucker.

That being said it is a decent guide.

EDIT: Holy shit "While you were typing, 7 new replies posted"

Lucidius

Good job slowpoke, also agreed entirely unless they are heavily wounded suckers or something.

Canon wise they are Creme of the Crop.

Some loner punk isn't going to win in a fight against a BSucker one on one, Last time I was Rping with a bloodsucker though I drew it out purposely because it was just me and him in the server, and also he fucking Shot me on his military, I RP wounded and then he wtiched over to his bloodsucker.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Radek

|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Locke

Who's mili and has a sucker.

Radek

How should i know?

lolKieck

regarding loners, they dont take too kindly EVERY loner, who became a bandit, or robbed each other
when you get out of the garbage, and see that rookie ? the 3 stalkers arent stalkers, but bandits
SRP needs some canon too !  and too many people try to rob
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌