How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

Maxi96203

Remove the abhorrent blur when you're hungry.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Lucky Pig

It's there so you have to buy food if you're hungry. It sort of lost it's point when the traders weren't there to sell food.

lolKieck

Hunger had already lost it's point when you were supposed to eat something every hour.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Vortigoat

Quote from: lolKieck on 01-04-2013
Hunger had already lost it's point when you were supposed to eat something every hour.

This.

Khorn

The reason you eat every hour is because game time =/= real time.

Even though time has little meaning in SRP due to lack of day and night.

lolKieck

Quote from: Khorn on 01-04-2013
The reason you eat every hour is because game time =/= real time.
It doesn't justify the fact that your character is, even if it isn't real time, eating more than a fat guy or a body builder.

Khorn

You are in the zone, I doubt many people there get filling meals. So chances are, you eat small portions multiple times a day.

The system should be reworked, and there should be food items that fill your stomach better than others, so you can go longer without needing to eat. And if you stuff yourself all at one moment, it should have negative effects.

darkzerxx

You are in the zone, I doubt many people there get filling meals. So chances are, you eat small portions multiple times a day.

The system should be reworked, and there should be food items that fill your stomach better than others, so you can go longer without needing to eat. And if you stuff yourself all at one moment, it should have negative effects.
Three tourist delights a day keep hunger away kiddies, till you sleep and wake up starved after you we're well fed before.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Maxi96203

Sorry but my Tourist's Delight disappears completely when I eat it. Therefore I should be well fed.

lolKieck

If people wouldn't get filling meals, they'd eat only once or twice a day.
No, you're right, a big chunk of sausage meat (with soya additives) isn't enough for Ethiopeans.

Khorn

No, you're right, a big chunk of sausage meat (with soya additives) isn't enough for Ethiopeans.

I swear, it's like you don't bother to read when you post.

A stalker in the zone wouldn't have your average meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They would most likely eat a few pieces of bread and some simple cooked meat. In general, you'd feel a bit of hunger more often than a person living outside the zone. Stalkers would only eat to quell the feeling of hunger for a few hours at most. These are people attempting to survive in a wild and dangerous place, where your food source may as well been cooked in radioactive slop.

The point being, stalkers on average would be hungry more often than a regular person. Unless you live the life of a fat ass and eat anything you want daily, than you would know people generally get a bit hungry ever couple of hours. Add to the fact stalkers also don't get a full nights rest, so being as active as they are, yes, they'd hungry even after feasting on a few chunks of meat and stale bread.

I don't get why you people think all stalkers are well rested, well fed, and in perfect condition. Guess none of you ever lived outdoors or even camped once.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Khorn on 03-04-2013

A stalker in the zone wouldn't have your average meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They would most likely eat a few pieces of bread and some simple cooked meat. In general, you'd feel a bit of hunger more often than a person living outside the zone. Stalkers would only eat to quell the feeling of hunger for a few hours at most. These are people attempting to survive in a wild and dangerous place, where your food source may as well been cooked in radioactive slop.

The point being, stalkers on average would be hungry more often than a regular person. Unless you live the life of a fat ass and eat anything you want daily, than you would know people generally get a bit hungry ever couple of hours. Add to the fact stalkers also don't get a full nights rest, so being as active as they are, yes, they'd hungry even after feasting on a few chunks of meat and stale bread.

I don't get why you people think all stalkers are well rested, well fed, and in perfect condition. Guess none of you ever lived outdoors or even camped once.

What kind of innawoods shit are you doing out there, Khorne?

Khorn

I've gone camping multiple times, in those silly little camp sites to on your own camp trips.

And those are bad on their own.
I can only imagine camping in the zone is only a few steps above camping in hell.

lolKieck

we slavs eat less because of communism, we're adapted to food shortages
do you even squat
besides how can a stalker eat five sausages in a day

jaik

I've gone camping multiple times, in those silly little camp sites to on your own camp trips.

And those are bad on their own.
I can only imagine camping in the zone is only a few steps above camping in hell.

ok so what exactly is bad about camping outdoors? you havent really elaborated on anything but you still wave your survivor dick around:
Guess none of you ever lived outdoors or even camped once.

i suppose youre right, bear grylls

i did go camping outdoors and i find it hard to compare it to the zone. also i think its because i didnt experience whatever suffering you have had in the scary american woods. did you have to fight off a pack of wolves? or maybe shoot a bloodsucker?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

Just more reasons why HGN is filled with fuckwits that feel entitled to candy land like zone.

I'm so tired of HGN's members. All that is left is like a few decent players and the rest are bar flies that expect to get rewarded gear for standing in a bar for a few hours. Oh and than travelling to the next bar across map.

You can't even make a simle thing connection to camping and how life in the zone would be.
Camping generally has a lack of comfort and food. A month of camping will lead you to feeling more tired, and hungry more often. This is due to lack of food you find and the area/'bed' you sleep on.
The zone, stalkers have even shittier locations to get food and sleep. Include the fact the zone is filled with many more things trying to kill you, getting sleep will be difficult. As for hunting, a dumbass would try to eat a wild boar of mutant pig. So food will come in smaller amounts.

This lack of food and sleep means life will be more difficult. You will be weary and hungry more often than an average hiker. So in game, your character should be need to rest and eat more often enough than an average person.
If you eat about 3 meals a day to fill your stomach. A stalker would probably at minimum need 5 small meals a day. As for sleeping, a stalker probably at most gets 6 hours of sleep if he is lucky.

So about 18 hours active. He have to eat every 3 hours to keep hunger away. So overall, you'd eat maybe 5 or 6 times a day. Give or take any activites you do, what you ate, or drank.

Vortigoat

Cant stalker like sleep in like...faction owned bases to get rest while still being safe from ze horrors of the zone...And if there is lack of food in da zone why is sidorovich so fat

Khorn

Try to sleep to sleep during a blowout or mutant/bandit attack on the base.

And it isn't about as lack of food, it's about how a stalker would be living in a zone causing him to not being able to obtain food as easy and the choices would be limited.

And that Sidorovich probably ate it all.

Steven :D

jaik

Quote from: Khorn on 04-04-2013
Just more reasons why HGN is filled with fuckwits that feel entitled to candy land like zone.

I'm so tired of HGN's members. All that is left is like a few decent players and the rest are bar flies that expect to get rewarded gear for standing in a bar for a few hours. Oh and than travelling to the next bar across map.

You can't even make a simle thing connection to camping and how life in the zone would be.
Camping generally has a lack of comfort and food. A month of camping will lead you to feeling more tired, and hungry more often. This is due to lack of food you find and the area/'bed' you sleep on.
The zone, stalkers have even shittier locations to get food and sleep. Include the fact the zone is filled with many more things trying to kill you, getting sleep will be difficult. As for hunting, a dumbass would try to eat a wild boar of mutant pig. So food will come in smaller amounts.

This lack of food and sleep means life will be more difficult. You will be weary and hungry more often than an average hiker. So in game, your character should be need to rest and eat more often enough than an average person.
If you eat about 3 meals a day to fill your stomach. A stalker would probably at minimum need 5 small meals a day. As for sleeping, a stalker probably at most gets 6 hours of sleep if he is lucky.

So about 18 hours active. He have to eat every 3 hours to keep hunger away. So overall, you'd eat maybe 5 or 6 times a day. Give or take any activites you do, what you ate, or drank.

oh look its the generalization tactic that youve been using forever to prove a point. let me make it clear to you that your "fuck hgners are so stupid" statements are not true. in fact there are no bars anymore because the traders died out of boredom.

yeah i cant make a sensible connection between an outdoor activity and a fictional contaminated area that is filled with mutants, anomalies and gopniks, because the woods in real life really are containing these dangers, yes?
camping guarantees you a lack of food? im not sure what 'camping' are you doing, but when i went camping i made sure i had food and money with me so that there won't be a lack of it. i mean, if you try to live off the land(because this is what camping means right), then yeah, i think youre going to have some problems with feeding yourself. its just too bad that stalkers aren't guerrilla fighters.

elaborate on why do stalkers sleep for 6 hours only and they must be active for 18 hours?
when we take the average reward for a quest in stalker games and the prices of artifacts and compare it to the price of food, then the stalkers(especially those who are already established) dont need to really worry about a lack of nutrients. this point is proved by the large stocks of military rations which means that the prices are low and the fact that food can also be salvaged from stashes and such.
the stalkers who belong to a faction or a group(these types are in the majority) then we can assume the faction will feed their members. also both major factions are supplied by international organisations with supplies and i'll make the bet that provisions are part of the subsidies.
its important to mention that ukraine possesses a ridiculously fertile land and this causes the food to be very inexpensive, while keeping a high quality. the zone isnt located in the south american tropical jungles-- its not cut off from the rest of the world and it even has internet connection.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

Quote from: Jake on 04-04-2013
oh look its the generalization tactic that youve been using forever to prove a point. let me make it clear to you that your "fuck hgners are so stupid" statements are not true. in fact there are no bars anymore because the traders died out of boredom.

yeah i cant make a sensible connection between an outdoor activity and a fictional contaminated area that is filled with mutants, anomalies and gopniks, because the woods in real life really are containing these dangers, yes?
camping guarantees you a lack of food? im not sure what 'camping' are you doing, but when i went camping i made sure i had food and money with me so that there won't be a lack of it. i mean, if you try to live off the land(because this is what camping means right), then yeah, i think youre going to have some problems with feeding yourself. its just too bad that stalkers aren't guerrilla fighters.

elaborate on why do stalkers sleep for 6 hours only and they must be active for 18 hours?
when we take the average reward for a quest in stalker games and the prices of artifacts and compare it to the price of food, then the stalkers(especially those who are already established) dont need to really worry about a lack of nutrients. this point is proved by the large stocks of military rations which means that the prices are low and the fact that food can also be salvaged from stashes and such.
the stalkers who belong to a faction or a group(these types are in the majority) then we can assume the faction will feed their members. also both major factions are supplied by international organisations with supplies and i'll make the bet that provisions are part of the subsidies.
its important to mention that ukraine possesses a ridiculously fertile land and this causes the food to be very inexpensive, while keeping a high quality. the zone isnt located in the south american tropical jungles-- its not cut off from the rest of the world and it even has internet connection.

Traders don't make the bars, in both SRP and FRP people would go to bars and stand about. Some go AFK, others talk in ooc. And some stick to IC and stand about. And you generalization the connection between camping and the zone and comparing them directly to each other. I was just suggesting that Stalkers don't get the same necessities from the zone as your average person at home. So they'd be better compared to campers and the likes. And yes, there are locations that are dangerous to camp in, both in America and Europe. Not so much as the zone, but that wasn't my comparison. And I said, it wasn't a lack of food that occurs when you camp, it's more the fact you are more active that drains your energy more and that you won't be coming across stores or restaurants with food for you to eat. You pack what you need and you eat it accordingly. You don't take a meal with you for all 3 periods of the day. You generally pack a small amount of food to cover your entire trip, and occasionally you make hunt or fish to fill in the blanks. And for another bit, Stalkers don't live in the zone for a week and leave. Than again, the time a stalker spends in the zone can be argued since they'd be more likely killed before leaving the zone.

Point is, you pack a certain amount of food on you to keep you somewhat fed. Too much weighs you down, too little you starve. No camper packs enough food to cover 3 meals a day on a trip. It becomes a mix of living off the land and what you brought in. Stalkers have a tendency to stay in the zone a lot longer than a camper would stay in the woods or wherever they went.

And I say Stalkers get about 6 hours of sleep due to the general hazards of the zone and the quality of place you sleep in. Maybe you're the kind that can sleep peacefully through bombs and gunfire, but most people would have trouble in a place like the zone where not only physical harms exist, but mental ones too. And by active, I mean the time you spend being awake. So probably you get around 14 to 18 hours of anything but restful sleep. In those active hours you venture about or stand at a bar. I'd sure get restless standing in a bar for more than a few hours. They aren't all exactly hot spots for regular bar fun.

And the food in game, large stocks or not, most of the food is questionable. Except no one cares and eats it anyways do to their choices. It does do away hunger, but again, for a short period of time. Like I said, most people eat 3 meals a day. As is the average over all. A breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some eat more a day. Maybe toss in a few snacks in between meals. So, being a Stalker, it'd make sense you eat at least 5 times a day, due to the exertion you gain from living in a hostile world. A side note if you use an Exo suit. An Exo suit is tougher to move, not sure how much, but the exoskeleton part puts more pressure on a person, which meant more stressful activities would cause one to become more tired. A regular Stalker wouldn't be burned out as often as someone in an Exo Suit. The more 'exercise' you get the more energy you burn. Your body will need to replenish it with food or other sources.

The foods in game, excessive or not, isn't something you just stuff your face with and than leave to have an adventure with. Over eating leads to being lethargic. And eating this questionable food in excessive amounts seems like a bad idea on it's own. So to keep your hunger away, and not to hit that status over too much in your gut, you'd eat maybe one or two servings of a food item and than you should be fine for maybe 3-4 hours dependent on what you do.

The system just needs to be reworked to make food be able to over feed yourself to last longer. Where as too much over eating leads to negative effects.
You eat food to get back to green status(100%) That should be about 3 or so hours in game before it goes to about 50%. You can than over eat to something like 135% to be above full, but any more(aka 135%-200%) and you begin to feel negative affects on your character. Nothing intense, just a sluggish feeling. Go too much over eating(aka 200%), you keel over.

Gonztah

The system just needs to be reworked to make food be able to over feed yourself to last longer. Where as too much over eating leads to negative effects.
You eat food to get back to green status(100%) That should be about 3 or so hours in game before it goes to about 50%. You can than over eat to something like 135% to be above full, but any more(aka 135%-200%) and you begin to feel negative affects on your character. Nothing intense, just a sluggish feeling. Go too much over eating(aka 200%), you keel over.

Why do we need to add negative effects if you eat too much? Is it REALLY that necessary?

HitMan5523

Quote from: Gonztah on 04-04-2013

Why do we need to add negative effects if you eat too much? Is it REALLY that necessary?
people want realism
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Khorn

I don't expect, nor would it mean anything if you added negative effects to the hunger system. I've stopped playing. But having a broken system is stupid.

And what's the point of playing SRP if you want it to be easy? Why is Stalker supposed to be easy? This game is being treated more and more like a nursery for kids. Anything that gets included to make it difficult results in people complaining.

Tom

I hate over-complicating our script for no reason.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22