How Can We Improve Your Stalker Roleplay Experience?

Started by Silver Knight, 02-03-2009

Leni

Quote from: lolgagger106
Quote from: Psycrowtik03385 So DUTY can't kill Freedom and vice versa? Makes a lot of sense. I watched what went on. Rohok roleplayed everything but yet he still got bitched at for killing Freedom ICly.  What does he need to do? Submit every conversation and /me he's done that proves he was planning on attacking Freedom? It doesn't work like that.

If you get prop killed or minged or something really outrageous, feel free to complain. But come on, when two factions that absolutely loathe each other kill one another, does OOC really need to be spammed with "WTF?"

The problem is, he raids us every 10 minutes, no need for that. It would also help if he didn't pull off miracles all the time. "Oh look at me I have 20 bullets in me, yet I can climb a ladder to the roof, jump from the roof to over the fence! Oooo now I can magically run even though I'm getting lighten up by bullets to the ass?"

Also he kicked me for saying metagaming. When it was true. The guy magically has our frequency, yeah... The guy also has a magical cloaking device like from Harry potter! I know alot of things in this server are different from the actual S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but I never seen duty raid freedom every 10 minutes in Oblivion lost. He then shoots us not knowing we're freedom, and if we shoot him without being up close, he'll say "You don't know I'm duty". I could keep going on and on about this.

Why can't we just continue roleplaying instead of complaining about every single thing that happens? Seriously.
The problem is, he raids us every 10 minutes, no need for that. It would also help if he didn't pull off miracles all the time. "Oh look at me I have 20 bullets in me, yet I can climb a ladder to the roof, jump from the roof to over the fence! Oooo now I can magically run even though I'm getting lighten up by bullets to the ass?"

Also he kicked me for saying metagaming. When it was true. The guy magically has our frequency, yeah... The guy also has a magical cloaking device like from Harry potter! I know alot of things in this server are different from the actual S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but I never seen duty raid freedom every 10 minutes in Oblivion lost. He then shoots us not knowing we're freedom, and if we shoot him without being up close, he'll say "You don't know I'm duty". I could keep going on and on about this.

I agree but how can you roleplay when it's 10 vs 3, and we get raided every 10 minutes. We maybe wouldn't complain if he didn't pull a miracle. And we've been trying to rp, talk to Rohok about that. He literally just gets bored and says "Hey lets raid freedom! That's the only thing Duty is in the zone for! Killing Freedom! YAY"
Dude you minged and Lied about having a radio.Aces have acess to stuff .Deal with it. Also I was on when the thing your talking about happened and your statement's greatly exaggerated. Hell I was there and ready to shoot you in the face when we almost got your radio out DESIPTE YOUR LIES. Yet you flamed everyone who would'nt agree with out OOC & got kicked .Rohok's a good person and doesn't do thingsi n the manner your speaking of.

Tunddruff

Quote from: Lazzie
Quote from: Psycrowtik03385 So DUTY can't kill Freedom and vice versa? Makes a lot of sense. I watched what went on. Rohok roleplayed everything but yet he still got bitched at for killing Freedom ICly.  What does he need to do? Submit every conversation and /me he's done that proves he was planning on attacking Freedom? It doesn't work like that.

If you get prop killed or minged or something really outrageous, feel free to complain. But come on, when two factions that absolutely loathe each other kill one another, does OOC really need to be spammed with "WTF?"

Why can't we just continue roleplaying instead of complaining about every single thing that happens? Seriously.

I agree but how can you roleplay when it's 10 vs 3, and we get raided every 10 minutes. We maybe wouldn't complain if he didn't pull a miracle. And we've been trying to rp, talk to Rohok about that. He literally just gets bored and says "Hey lets raid freedom! That's the only thing Duty is in the zone for! Killing Freedom! YAY"
Dude you minged and Lied about having a radio.Aces have acess to stuff .Deal with it. Also I was on when the thing your talking about happened and your statement's greatly exaggerated. Hell I was there and ready to shoot you in the face when we almost got your radio out DESIPTE YOUR LIES. Yet you flamed everyone who would'nt agree with out OOC & got kicked .Rohok's a good person and doesn't do thingsi n the manner your speaking of.

So the fact I GOT SHOT and he said rp it, yet when he broke into our base, and i shoot him he "walks it off"... Makes lotsa sence.

Leni

Quote from: Tunddruff
Quote from: Lazzie

So the fact I GOT SHOT and he said rp it, yet when he broke into our base, and i shoot him he "walks it off"... Makes lotsa sence.
I dragged his hurt ass back to base . If memory serves.

lolgagger106

[/quote]
If you're saying I flamed everyone who disagreed, which was mainly duty, then you're wrong. I didn't even Flame rohok, all I said was they were metagaming, pulling of miracles. Exaggerated? No, you just said you dragged him back. You came when rohok magically jumped over the gate while hurt, and he then somehow ran while you were dragging him? That wasn't an Exaggeration. Saying I flamed was exaggerating what I really did. How is ICly lying about your radio minging? But having an admin cloak another one not?

Rohok

I just want you all to know before I start, that I needn't justify myself to any one of you and I'm doing it out of pure respect for your own wants and needs in this community, and being the head of the SRP department does entitle me to whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want. If I wanted a nuclear submarine, I could have one. I can do anything I want, to any of you. I pay for the server, I have access to everything, and I make the rules.

Now with that being said, you all know that what we do is out of pure politeness, and consideration for the community, and we're not giving you people chances, or allowing you to assist in decisions just because we have to. Because we don't have to. None of it is a requirement, it's just what we want to do.

Finally:

1: You've never been shot in the leg, and neither have I. So I highly doubt you know what's possible or not. My character had a bullet in her leg, nowhere else. I lept from the top of the building, over a meter gap, down about 2 feet, and landed on a guard house. I /me'd screaming in agony. Then, I leapt down from there, and my Duty member helped me limp-jog back to base. I ran forward holding W, letting go of the shift key every few steps to simulate limping.

2: I kicked you for bitching, and throwing around false accusations without solving the problem in private with that member. You didn't even make an attempt to contact him on a one on one basis. We have a policy here, and it's called: NO BITCHING. If you have a problem with somebody, you make an attempt to take it up with them, and if that doesn't work (AND ONLY THEN), you take it up with an admin. The way you worded your sentence, and the way you were pointing fingers is what got you kicked. Nothing else. I refused to ignore your accusations all together because us admins are tired of the drama your sore-loser faction brings to the server.

With that being said, Deathcon had authorizations to be able to hack radio frequencies, and I am strongly against his cloaking field generator. However, he getting an auth for both things, and role playing both rather well, I have decided not to force him to give it up. He sells us information, he doesn't give it to us for free. We paid the price in order to find you, and track you down.

3: Cobra was kicked for flaming, and if he wishes to act immature about it, that's fine by me. I have no sympathy for people who play the victim in a situation. Cobra and Tunddruff are those kinds of people. This is a gaming community, with simple, insignificant problems that makes a broken nail look like the end of the world. Learn to solve your issues in a mature manner, without the involvement of the entire playerbase. We don't want to hear your drama. Leave, and cool down if you're angry, but don't cry and claim in OOC that "Rohok has ruined Role Play for me." Because in all honesty, that's just silly, and you don't ever give a crying baby what he wants, because he'll just keep doing it over and over again until you've ran out of things to give him.

4: The last time I raided you I was wearing a different suit, that was NOT Duty. It was a plain black suit that many S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs wear on the server. There is no possible way to know I'm a Duty member unless you were just making assumptions, which, by your OOC reaction to my claim that "You don't know I'm duty", I know was not the case. My weapon was an FN2000, which is a rather weak, scoped rifle and I had no objects on me that could be used to identify my corpse. This would have been stated later in the OOC discussion had you Freedom members not ragequit, and cried to Locke.

Now finally, this discussion is OVER. These accusations, this crying, this bullshit you're all making us admins put up with is DONE. Stop it, and remember this quote for your future HGN endeavors: SHIT HAPPENS

All deaths that have not happened in a faction vs faction battle will be investigated, everything else will not be. Battles are observed most of the time by admins floating in observe mode, to see the way people are fighting. If players play by the rules, and don't strafe, bunny hop, or assgun, then all is fine. Other than that, there are no rules in firefights, just: Kill the other man before he kills you.

::EDIT:: Be adults, and solve your issues on a one on one basis. If, by then, you were unsuccessful in solving your problem, THEN contact an admin. But not a second before.

If you suspect somebody of using hacks, exploits, or they are suspected of being malicious to the server (crashing, stealing the script, whatever), then you can come to use directly. If you know for sure that somebody as intentionally prop killed you, THEN you can report it directly to an admin. If a player is running around with a weapon, killing everybody he sees, THEN you can contact an admin.

But if it's a faction battle, keep your mouth shut. You knew these battles would happen the moment you signed up for a faction. If you didn't, then you're incredibly naive.

Tunddruff

Dont talk shit about me or Cobra. You dont RP with us. You dont even talk to us.

sniperhunter

Well. Due to massive complaining on both sides of the table, a temp cease fire between duty and freedom would improve my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. roleplay experience. ( Im tired of the shit, maybe its best for freedom and duty to not see each other for awile. )
I generally find it stupid to argue over a roleplay situation. You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day.

Rohok

Quote from: sniperhunter Well. Due to massive complaining on both sides of the table, a temp cease fire between duty and freedom would improve my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. roleplay experience. ( Im tired of the shit, maybe its best for freedom and duty to not see each other for awile. )
I generally find it stupid to argue over a roleplay situation. You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day.

That's a wonderful idea, Sniper. Locke will probably see this suggestion and agree.

foreverthesickestkid

END the faction wars, ADD npcs.

Problem solved.

All done ;)
Characters:

Military Recruitment Officer // Christofer Brock
Trader // Maksym Smirnovoych Ctol
CCA.C18-UNION.75160 // Jakob Turman

sniperhunter

Quote from: foreverthesickestkid END the faction wars, ADD npcs.

Problem solved.

All done ;)

End the server, it crashed due to NPC's

Failure

;)

Also, if you happen to find any good stalker'ish models with the correct animations, pm me the link. Im trying to skin some more models for the server.

foreverthesickestkid

Characters:

Leni

I'd like it if those of us in factions could spawn near our bases . It's kinda annoying to get on the map and as Duty spawn right next to Freedom's base & I assume vice versa.  If not bases sorta close to where we reside & such.

Bagelz

I always asked myself how we did SRP without NPCS....I mean, aren't they like what MADE Stalker scary.

Locke

yeah, i wouldn't mind some simple npcs in SOME areas, such as zombies

Bagelz

Quote from: Rohok I just want you all to know before I start, that I needn't justify myself to any one of you and I'm doing it out of pure respect for your own wants and needs in this community, and being the head of the SRP department does entitle me to whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want. If I wanted a nuclear submarine, I could have one. I can do anything I want, to any of you. I pay for the server, I have access to everything, and I make the rules.

I lold epicly.

foreverthesickestkid

and plus, a new guy came into the server today and said "where are the npcs?". im not saying a trillion npcs to crash the server, but a few would be nice. im sure people would cut down on some props to make room for npcs if it was needed. and i mean if you think people will just kill and abuse, then make them really powerful (which i perfer either way) then actually hunting for npcs could turn into a weapon hunt becuase someone just died from a bloodsucker and he may have gear. which means we should have a search corpse type of thing you know?
Characters:

mrd

Who cares. Just play on the server and be (semi)happy. Don't bitch about Rohok owning the servers, and Impure turned out to be a traitor from the start.

I am going to bed now.

Rohok

Deleted a load of drama posts.

If you want to carry on this "discussion", then do so in PMs. Do not clutter up public forums with your unpleasant ramblings.

Thank you.
_________________________________________________Edit: 05-03-2009_________________________________________________
Of course I'm censoring your posts. What do you expect? You fill them with cuss words, and obscenities, and all you're doing is flaming, Cobra. For the last time, I'm going to ask you nicely: Please stop.

Silver Knight

Im going to set the OOC Delay to 20, it's a pain in the ass for it to be 30, and i find myself losing the point to type over ooc, so i use admin chat, 20 seems about right... you cannot spam, or rage over it, and it's not too long to get a detailed, important message across.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Fluffy

Suggestions:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. NPCs in certain areas to minimalize impacts of mingery and UN-RP like Deaths
Anomalies set up in places in the woods and not on the roads... Maybe from an ECO accident or something.
Ladders maybe? You can spawn them to make it more RP and not just use a prop for it.
Stacker Stool (Makes the job more efficient other than duplicating and welding)
Sounds more realistic (They do not spread throughout the map and everyone hears them, There is an actual hearing distance of it. Plus to minimize mingery, sounds cannot be played repeatedly but over a certain amount of time.)
More hand functions (Examine, etc...)

Thats about it until i can think of more... :\

Rohok

Fluffy, too many anomalies lag the server.

NPCs in certain areas is a good idea.

Realistic sounds is a good idea, but there's more important things than that. Try fixing the weapon sounds first.

More hand functions? There's more important issues ATM. IE: Missing sounds, glitched out admin request command.

Soon as that admin request command is fixed, we can concentrate on new things. I honestly believe that should be our priority. Of course, Silver doesn't agree. I suppose it's not that important to allow for players to contact admins directly than flood OOC with complaints.

Dom

FIX THE FUCKING INVENTORY BUG/!SAVE COMMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foreverthesickestkid

What dom said and new map and of course npcs is what I think the server needs most.
Characters:

Fluffy

Well i didn't mean too many anomalies... I meant like every so often an accident comes in with Ecologists and for a few days there is an Anomalie in a certain area... Then they clean it up.

Yes we do need to fix the Admin Request and the Inv Bug. These were just a few suggestions for sooner or later.

I'm also going to start working on a new map for Stalker RP

foreverthesickestkid

Please take away restricted TT, if we have TT then you should trust us enough with all the tools. I was setting up a few props for a future mission (deployment should be some time tonight) and instead of simply using the needed tools I have to use other tools that make things look obvious and stupid.
Characters: