Harddrive Died

Started by Paintcheck, 10-09-2009

Paintcheck

Alright got on Gmod for the first time since school started and played for a few hours. As I was right in the middle of a trade with a player (name was something like Richard Temper or something like that) I got a BSOD and my computer BSOD'd every single time I tried to restart it. The last time this happened my hard drive's boot sector was corrupted so I'm pretty sure my harddrive did it again. I'll be out until I get a new drive.

I feel really terrible because I had Richard's Mama's beads in my inventory when I crashed and hadn't paid him yet so if someone could refund his artifact in game that would be nice. I'm typing this on my sister's computer.

Locke

Son of a bitch.

JUST as we started getting more active too. I hope you're back soon.

Tunddruff

If the boot sec is dead. Im sure you mean the boot sec as in Windows? Cause if so, just format the drive.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Tunddruff on 11-09-2009
If the boot sec is dead. Im sure you mean the boot sec as in Windows? Cause if so, just format the drive.

Yeah I I know about that. But this happened like 2 months ago too so I can't imagine the drive itself is going to last much longer. It's been making weird noises for the past several weeks and it's 5 years old. I would rather get a new drive that I know will hold out. Plus Frys has a lot of good ones for uber cheap. I should be back on Sunday if all goes well, running Winows 7 64 bit.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-09-2009
Quote from: Tunddruff on 11-09-2009

Yeah I I know about that. But this happened like 2 months ago too so I can't imagine the drive itself is going to last much longer. It's been making weird noises for the past several weeks and it's 5 years old. I would rather get a new drive that I know will hold out. Plus Frys has a lot of good ones for uber cheap. I should be back on Sunday if all goes well, running Winows 7 64 bit.

Unlucky Paint, Fairplay though, if your MOBO supports SATA, get one, and it's pretty cheap to get a terrabyte drive these days too, so don't give that a miss either.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

Yeah Fry's has a 1.5 TB SATA for $100 flat for sale from Seagate so I'll probably pick that up. Might even get back tonight but I doubt it. Posting from school right now.

Tea

Sucks man, but... who are you?

deluxulous

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-09-2009
Yeah Fry's has a 1.5 TB SATA for $100 flat for sale from Seagate so I'll probably pick that up. Might even get back tonight but I doubt it. Posting from school right now.
My friend told me that he saw a few 1 TB HDD's for $100. I have a 500 GB, which is more than enough. I suggest 500 GB.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Mr. Tea on 11-09-2009
Sucks man, but... who are you?

I've been here for 6 months...I'm not sure how you want me to answer that question.

Locke

Wow Tea, dick question to ask.

Paintcheck

Alright I'm alive again on a new Seagate 1 TB drive running Windows 7. Still installing games and shit. Will be back on Gmod by tomorrow at the latest.

Locke

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-09-2009
Alright I'm alive again on a new Seagate 1 TB drive running Windows 7. Still installing games and shit. Will be back on Gmod by tomorrow at the latest.

Alright, sweet.