Friendly Zombified STALKER?

Started by ScottMiller, 11-08-2009

ScottMiller

Well recently, I got my Zombified STALKER flag. I decided to be a friendly zombie, but since DUTY hated Zombies and attacked him on sight, he had a deep hatred for DUTY. Mind you, my zombie was friendly, but he wasn't walking around, talking like a normal human being. He still had extremely slurred, bad language, and walked sluggishly, tripping around and hurting himself occasionally when walking. So Freedom, being the way that they are, took my ZS in and decided to keep me, as sort of a pet. We were making a home in the small shed in S3 when Nitro tells me I can't be a friendly Zombified STALKER. Right, we have Friendly Bloodsuckers? And in STALKER SoC, the Izlom that was added in OL 2.2 is always hostile, except for one VERY rare one that follows a STALKER around and helps guard him. To me, it'd actually make more sense to have Friendly Zombified STALKERs.

People supporting it:
Killslim
Zyroke
Scott Miller
Tunddruff
Locke
Akira
ISPYUDIE
Crimzon_Reaper

People Against it:
Longlostblake
Commissar Nitro Glycerin
Silver Knight
Nines
Fluffy
Creeding
Sickness
Hostel
Ganendor
Ravanger
ItsJustGuy

Now mind you, I respect Nitro and Blake for wanting to keep the roleplay fun and serious, but Tunddruff agrees that, if it makes good roleplay, it should be aloud.

KingArthur

Well, should be like... a mindless killing machine, this happened before in losthybrid- this creates drama.... ALWAYS for some reason- theirs nothing wrong with it that i can see.

ISPYUDIE

I don't see anything wrong with it. I've seen friendly suckers, ghosts, Green suckers. Going slightly off cannon can make the roleplay more fun and exciting. But I can see Nitro and blake's point which might be that if one zombie can be friendly, everyone else will want to. And we already have a few too many friendly suckers....

As long as it doesn't cause any problems, Support

Crimzon_Reaper

It's possible, and feasible.
So were a few things my character did ICly, but A LOT of people seem to have a problem with it . . .

Anyways, because it's possible: I'd support.
So help me God if I see -ONE- more friendly ZS.

Commissar Nitro

Retaining humanity is posible for Stalker zombies due to the nature of thier zombification, However untill you achually list the dynamics of such a char and how it has physicaly retained a personality, speech skills of any discription and motor skills i cant suport this as it seems out of the blue. Im all for cannon bending where apropriate (Fucking hate spelling that word) but cannon devations should be kept the the bare minimum so that the cannon itself is not altered beyond what it should be.
Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

ScottMiller

Quote from: Commisar Nitro on 11-08-2009
Retaining humanity is posible for Stalker zombies due to the nature of thier zombification, However untill you achually list the dynamics of such a char and how it has physicaly retained a personality, speech skills of any discription and motor skills i cant suport this as it seems out of the blue. Im all for cannon bending where apropriate (Fucking hate spelling that word) but cannon devations should be kept the the bare minimum so that the cannon itself is not altered beyond what it should be.

Alright, since you asked for me to post it here:

Capable of: Firing a weapon, speech and conversation, and walking
Disadvantages being: When he does fire a weapon, he does it from the hip, making his aim terrible.
His speech is extremely off, his words start slightly alright, but slur off into unknown gibberish.
Conversation, he can understand everything others say, but due to his lack of sense and nature, sometimes a STALKER would yell "Zombie! Fire!", and yet he would continue to approach and attempt to interact.
His walking is extremely sluggish and bad, he stumbles around, trips and hurts himself on bumpy terrain, yet seems to be able to walk and keep himself up right fine on smooth, flat terrain.

The reason he kept his personality and the way he is, being a nice, friendly STALKER, was a Controller attack, the Controller proceeded attack him with psi powers, and thus frying his brain, and just before taking power over him, was saved by passing by Freedom.

KillSlim

If friendly bloodsuckers and controllers are legit, I believe a single friendly Zombie is just as legit.
Support, we had a lot of good roleplay with Scott.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

nofearkid

I see it hasn't changed since I left. If it's fun... but bends a rule... mmmm. That's sad.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
-Confucius

Locke

I support it, as long as there arent a bunch of LOLPETZOMBIES around it's fine with me, a little variation helps perk up rp.

Plunger

Quote from: ScottMiller on 11-08-2009

Disadvantages being: When he does fire a weapon, he does it from the hip, making his aim terrible.
His speech is extremely off, his words start slightly alright, but slur off into unknown gibberish.
Conversation, he can understand everything others say, but due to his lack of sense and nature, sometimes a STALKER would yell "Zombie! Fire!", and yet he would continue to approach and attempt to interact.
His walking is extremely sluggish and bad, he stumbles around, trips and hurts himself on bumpy terrain, yet seems to be able to walk and keep himself up right fine on smooth, flat terrain.

The reason he kept his personality and the way he is, being a nice, friendly STALKER, was a Controller attack, the Controller proceeded attack him with psi powers, and thus frying his brain, and just before taking power over him, was saved by passing by Freedom.
You just described a cripple.

Locke

Well maybe the Zombie is similar to a cripple, because he is.

Plunger

Quote from: Locke on 11-08-2009
Then why call them zombies.

Tunddruff

Quote from: Plunger on 11-08-2009
Quote from: Locke on 11-08-2009
Then why call them zombies.
Would you wana be called a zombie if you were a cripple

KillSlim

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

OjManchow

Quote from: Plunger on 11-08-2009
Quote from: ScottMiller on 11-08-2009

You just described a cripple.
Or a Chav

KillSlim

Quote from: KillSlim on 12-08-2009

Get the thread back on it's rails, IE:
Do you support? If yes / no, say why.

OjManchow

Yes, i support freindly zombies since freindly zombies make much more beleivable than a freindly blood sucker

itsjustguy

How retarded can you be to have friendly ZOMBIES !?

Zombies are made by the "Psy Field" emitted by the emitters such as the Brain Scorcher and the Miracle Machine, when unprotected stalkers are exposed to Psy emissions long enough they start to lose their mind. This is results to irreversible damage to the higher functions of the brain then the stalker becomes a zombie, relying on whatever remains of it's purely animal instinct. Stalkers approaching the Emitter "Miracle Machine" in the factory complex in Yantar, reported that once they get close to the gate they start hearing voices and start hallucinating things, then they feel their brain literally boiling and melting inside, then they would feel weak and it would be a lucky break if they are able to get away from the Psy field with their brain intact, some stalkers reported that they even temporarily forgot their names after they managed to get away from the factory in time. Zombies come from all factions across the zone be it Loners, Mercenaries, Freedom, Duty and even the Military.

Although Zombified Stalkers can still use their weapons and even reload them, they are rather stupid, and they'll charge right in the middle of a firefight without cover. Upon encountering them you can hear them murmuring bits of meaningless phrases. In time, zombified stalkers completely lose most of their previous skills and turn into zombies.

NO SUPPORT

EDIT

ITS NOT ABOUT THE RP ITS ABOUT COMMON SENSE. ZOMBIES ARE NOT FRIENDLY IN THIS GAME.AND OBLIVION LOST IS A MOD NOT THE GAME (original)

and dont dare tell me about me destroying rp.
Quote from: OjManchow on 12-08-2009
Yes, i support freindly zombies since freindly zombies make much more beleivable than a freindly blood sucker

Actually "Friendly" bloodsuckers have a actual part of taming instead of zombiefied stalkers
"Where ground is soft most often grows, arise! Arise! Arouse! A rose!...a rosy rose ?

Silver Knight

Yeah this is one of the dummest things yet, zombies arn't friendly, and they don't have a brain to converse, they are puppets of the zone, nothing more.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

ISPYUDIE

That is kinda true, I mean zombies are epic because they are zombies. It would kinda take away the point in being a zombie.

"Blarrgh...." *Spots human* Mmmmmm... "Uh hello? Oh crap, oh crap HELP!" *Nomnomnomnomnom*

Snowblind

odyseus

No support

I dont support friendly Bloodsuckers either, even though i havent seen one yet, they sound stupid. Next thing we know there will be friendly Pseudogiants. I draw the line at friendly Dogs and Pseudodogs (Which were in the Stalker games)

Plunger

Someone on today said he was a neutral zombie, I'll point all of why that was a lie.

1.) He was a freedom members pet.
2.) He was in a base.
3.) He dislikes Duty

SpAcY

Their brains already got fried by the brain scorcher, they have no sense of direction is ALL that is wrong with them.

Ravanger

Dotn make zombies friendly there controller my controllers and zombies are mindless fucks. NO