Freedom Needs a new lead. . . Again

Started by Tom, 21-01-2011

Tom

This time there are no candidates at the moment, As Goose is inactive and Ill put him on the LOA list along with Tasker and just about every other officer in freedom.

Please nominate candidates here and give a reason why, Also leave what you think Freedom should be like. Please refrain from going "Lol no drama" since that has already been brought up numerous times and is already known. Also refrain from flaming other peoples opinions.

Also you may nominate anyone who is not in freedom, as long as they are not in another faction, Or you can Nominate people in freedom.

Either way Ill leave it up to the community.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Mrtasker

I'm thinking about staying on, if Negative doesn't want to.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Yorty

Quote from: Mrtasker on 21-01-2011
Well you'd have my vote, if you'd be active...ish.

deluxulous

I support Tasker.

He's a great Role-Player, and a great leader, as I have seen before. And he's the only person that I actually know in Freedom.

Yorty

Well here's a more "official" post.

I support MrTasker, assuming he'd be active enough and would take enough interest in the faction.
Otherwise, there's not too many candidates, I guess I'd say Negative Zero.

Also, there's about 5 people missing from the roster and 2 applications to be looked at. Add Mr Smiley, Duran, Solidus, Etc.
As for changes. Squads need to be scrapped entirely for now, as the faction is far too small, yet there needs to be some official roles. Freedom was the sniper faction in the game, yet Chrono is the only sniper, and Duty has THREE. There should be an assigned medic, grenadier, bla-bla. Ranks need to be refined and worked out. Unlike the Ecologists, Freedom needs a reform.

Chrono

i'd support tasker but..negative seems more active, we need an active leader now. we got 10 people on the roster and only me yorty,negative and me are active. the rest i never saw in the server for a long time.

Tom

If I may add my own opinion I would recommend, Tasker, Or Celtic. As they both have leadership experience and would make great leaders.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Yorty

Quote from: Tom on 21-01-2011
If I may add my own opinion I would recommend, Tasker, Or Celtic. As they both have leadership experience and would make great leaders.
Doesn't matter when they aren't on.
I'd be fine with Celtic, but from what I heard he declined the offer.

Turkey

I like how you all just forget about negative zero and yorty. The most active freedomers ever. It's like "Lets give it to tasker, Or celtic, Both who hardly play."

I support negative Zero

Yorty

Quote from: Turkey on 21-01-2011
I like how you all just forget about negative zero and yorty. The most active freedomers ever. It's like "Lets give it to tasker, Or celtic, Both who hardly play."

I support negative Zero
"Mere peasants aren't suitable."

Edit: Oh yeah, we need a bloody trader. Negative?

jaik

I see that Yorty is an active Freedomer, as well.
In my opinion, he's a good candidate for the leader.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Tom

Tbh Activity is not the only reason someone should be leader. I myself would consider other candidates before considering "Activity" Tasker had already said to me that he would get active again if he got freedom lead, and Celtic I've been imploring to take lead. Also I promoted NZ to Veteran and had hoped that he would apply for Trader in order to be somewhat of a Care Taker in my absence from leadership, But from what I heard he did not apply for it because he wanted to shoot for my position. Like I said before and Ill say again. I will put my Vote on Tasker or Celtic, as they both have alot of experience in it, and Im sure either or would be active if they got Lead/Co-lead.
Oh boy.

Chrono

i would support tasker and celtics aslong they get active...because a leaders activity really affects the factions overall activity

Yorty

Quote from: Tom on 21-01-2011
Tasker had already said to me that he would get active again if he got freedom lead.
Should have said this before. Give it to him.

irondeity

If I may drop a line from outside the box, gentlemen. I agree with Tom on activity. Activity cannot be held solely to standard for a faction leader. I have seen the former leaders act although I stood apart from Freedom. I have heard many good things about leaders that came before my time here with HGN. I have witnessed Celtic's, Midnight's (though he is gone now), and Tasker. As much as I respect MrTasker for being a cool guy, I would like to see Celtic take the reins again, if only he would accept the role.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Silver Knight

Could always be joint control with Leader/Co lead. Celtic does not want much power but im sure he would be happy with co-lead. However i do not want to see another "bullshit" lead by Tasker like before. There's more to life than sitting in the bar all day. Tasker will need to lead like an actual leader instead of freedoms trader\barman.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Mrtasker

You have obviously not seen even close to half of what i've done as the Freedom leader then, Exile.

Love how you make judgements with very little evidence, if any at all.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Chrono

I wish tunddruff could come back and be freedom leader again =/

Mrtasker

Bleh, i'm going to take myself out of the running. I don't really have enough time on my plate currently to be fully commited, and I don't really want to be the leader again for that matter.

My recommendation is Negative.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Yorty

Bleh, i'm going to take myself out of the running. I don't really have enough time on my plate currently to be fully commited, and I don't really want to be the leader again for that matter.

My recommendation is Negative.

Well if you give up your position and Celtic doesn't want it, I guess I vote for Negative.

N3gativezero

Originaly I figured I'd become the faction quartermaster/trader, and if I dont get leadership, I'll get to that.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Rebel6609

I really don't have any vote, but I do have a suggestion on what you should be looking for in leadership. Although activity is key to a faction being good, It also has to have a good strong leader. Although tasker was active, and freedom was active with it, it was mainly just chill out in bars and drama and shit. Tasker did as far as getting people active. Never saw much more than that PERSONALLY.

Im unsure of negative zero's roleplay capabilities, but if he not only has a strong knowledge of what freedom is, and is willing to take the time and effort to work on the faction then he should get it. This would involve editing the forums, taking opinions from members, knowing when to put your foot down when the need arises and maintaining your factions war-effort ICly and OOCly. Although we would like it to be how it was normally, Freedom needs a kick in the ass to get it going again. Because as far as I see, stalkers and mercenaries work against freedom the majority of the time. I was in it for a total of 2 weeks and I was ratted out, bombed and ambushed by stalkers that would normally be my allies.

The new leader would need to establish connections with stalkers, and make it pleasant for them. Military right now I would say has more respect with stalkers than freedom.

I hope this will help you realize what is needed in a leader.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Yorty

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 21-01-2011
Because as far as I see, stalkers and mercenaries work against freedom the majority of the time. I was in it for a total of 2 weeks and I was ratted out, bombed and ambushed by stalkers that would normally be my allies.

The new leader would need to establish connections with stalkers, and make it pleasant for them. Military right now I would say has more respect with stalkers than freedom.
Well I have no idea what shit went down when you were there. Nearly every Stalker who doesn't suffer from mental retardation gets along with or is indifferent towards me. Also, that has a lot to do with the Stalkers themselves, not Freedom.
Money > "Honor." All about money to them, mang.

Goose

Kind of really random but i would like Thy to consider it as he would be a great leader for freedom in my opinion i think he deserves the consideration that Celtic and Tasker are being offer however i do not believe Neg-Zero should be leader of freedom.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Yorty

Quote from: Goose on 21-01-2011
Kind of really random but i would like Thy to consider it as he would be a great leader for freedom in my opinion i think he deserves the consideration that Celtic and Tasker are being offer however i do not believe Neg-Zero should be leader of freedom.
Negative's now the leader, temporarily apparently. I'd suggest making it permanent.