|Freedom| *Old* Network

Started by KillSlim, 21-12-2009

KillSlim

Freedom Notes/Stories/Absences/News

Welcome to the Freedom Network.

This is one of the highlights of our technology given to us by NATO.  We can all
     communicate with ease and send out news, and the technology used is heavily encrypted
     so no hacker could possibly get in.  This is known only to Freedomers, so should you tell
                          anyone outside of Freedom, well we'll have to kill you.

Enjoy.

(OOC)
Use this to send little notes to other Freedomers, PDA logs of your day, or leave of absences notifactions.  As long as it is RPed, you can send out a message.

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

KillSlim

A day in the cold.

Yurich trudged through the thick winter snow, holding his modified AK-74M. Wearing his trusty thick green coat, his beenie, camouflaged trousers and muddy leather boots, he walked towards a Stalker camp in a nearby warehouse he had heard rumours of.

After 20 minutes of walking, he reached the warehouse which has been mentioned in whispers around the Zone.
A Stalker wearing an Exo Skeleton stood at the entrance, no mask, a small mohican and a bulky AK-47.
"Business, Stalker?" The Stalker queried.

"I want to rest, I mean no harm." Yurich replied, shivering slightly in the freezing Ukrainian winter.
Yurich gazed inside, envying the mixed bunch of Stalkers and Mercenaries gathered around several camp fires and salvaged sofas.

"Alright." The guard said, pitying Yurich. "You can go in, but if you cause trouble you're out."

"Thanks." Yurich replied happily, grateful of being allowed the safe haven of the warehouse.
He trudged into the warehouse, through the doorway absent of a door. Yurich slung his Ak, not to arouse any tensions or suspicions.
Yurich found a spot next what seemed like a friendly group of Stalkers. He sat onto a flattened carboard box, like the others, and warmed his hands.
The Stalkers welcomed Yurich, they shared stories of happiness and comedy; trying to keep their minds away from the cold and harshness of the Zone.

A lone Stalker stood in the corner,wearing a black leather trenchcoat, leaning against the wall, smoking a cigar. An SVD stood against the wall close to the man.

"What's the deal with that guy?" Yurich queried to the other Stalkers, pointing to the man in the corner.
The laughter stopped, and a Stalker replied:
"No one knows, I doubt anyone cares. Looks like a bandit to me."

"Hm." Yurich replied, not showing much enthusiasm whilst gazing at the man.

The day continued, weirdly without any hitches or engagements including the people in the warehouse, possibly because it was so cold outside.
Thankfully, the warehouse would be where Yurich would return to after performing tasks for some fat bastard trader, or scavenge the garbage for anything of value.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Cutch

Well... PDA audio log number 23 within the zone... I went in for an interview today with a freedomer named Ryan and he thought I was pretty up tight. Introduced me to some kid named Brandon who gave me some weed... maybe the officers in the service were wrong to keep us from this... *cough, cough* Anyhow, I'm doing fine and the Zone... well she has treated me fairly with her riches. I guess that stranger in Samara was right...

Viktor seems like a decent guy, though he seems like he'd fit more in the military judging by his attitude... *voices are heard in the background* what? Oh, alright. I'll make more logs in the future. Ending now.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Celtic

Ryan Jones

PDA Log

Well today was one of those days where you're just glad to hit the bed in the end.  Started out nice and easy, I gave Stalkers some work, and broke in the new recruits.  Although I swear to god, sometimes the Stalkers just swarm me with questions and asking to be interviewed.  I'm personally a little worried that if I interview more people we might end up overpopulating way too fast.  
       I was incredibly bored and I heard that there was a gun floating in the lake.  So I paid some stalkers to go find me something useful for such an activity.  Sure enough they found a boat in the scraps.  I paid another group of Stalkers to fix the boat up.  Now I figure I could sell this boat for maybe 3000 roubles and Stalkers go get the LR and save about 5000.  Of course some punk walks in the base and steals my boat.  Not really caring to much about it though I just shrugged and moved on.  Well the new guy and Viktor made it their primary goal to chase the guy down, almost all the way to the DUTY base.  I went out to get em and apparantly Black, the new guy, had already headed back to base and I just missed him.  Me and Viktor then made our way back to the outpost.  
       All of a sudden this lone merc walks up to us, looking for a Ryan.  I take a good look at the Merc, he's holding an MP5, and I tell him my name.  The lad promptly raises his gun in my face, while Viktor raises his to protect me.  I talk the merc into retreating, and shoot him in the leg while he's running.  Me and Viktor stipped him of his weapons and his PDA.  Turns out some bandit put a hit on me, for 10000 roubles.   I had no idea I was such a wanted man.  
      The Bandit had told the merc to meet him at the swamps for payment, so I went there to teach him a lesson.  Just like my luck with everything else today, there's no bandits.  And an army of stalkers, about five to ten of them, starts walking towards the scraps.  They spot us and change their direction towards us.  I make the call to retreat, since I didn't want to take any chances, and they follow us all the way to the eco base.  I end up shooting them to give us some cover, cause after them following us this far I can only assume they might be the people that put the bounty on me, before we slide down the ridge and hide in the bunker.  Turns out they just happen to be a stalker army for Justice or some bull crap, that was just stalking me for whatever reason.  
       After that I just went back to base, and hit the bed.  Viktor still has that merc's PDA so I'm gonna try to dig up some more info on this bandit that's out to get me.

~ Ryan

*Edit*
(OOC) I think the guy who posted before me is Steven Black.

Celtic

Ryan Jones

Public Message: Bandit Activity

The bandit's seem to be getting bolder.  With the recent hit on me by a bandit, today there was a group of them we attacked and they were a formidable foe.  I fear that it is very possible that these bandits could possibly inflict casualties upon our numbers and they're a threat to any Stalkers traveling the long road to our base.  I suggest Freedomers do not leave the base alone, and always remember to let any Stalkers seeking refuge in.

~ Ryan

Midnight

Character name:Viktor Kravets
Reason for absence: Going on vacation for about a week try not to burn everything down while I'm gone ;D.
Estimated length of absence: January 9th-January15th

Celtic

Ryan Jones

PDA Log

I just had a very, very stressful day.  Freedom base was incredibly empty, and to tick me off more some DUTY rookie was bad mouthing us over the broadcaster.  Then a very large group of DUTYers walks in the base, threatens us and then leaves.  We really badly need more people to support out cause.  I can't handle this anxiety.

lolKieck

Character name: Andrey Sergeyev
Reason for absence: Brother is playing FO3 at main computer and I can't install GMod anywhere else.
Estimated length of absence: 1-5 days.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌