Faction Wars

Started by Turkey, 31-01-2011

Turkey

I noticed factions have really had nothing to fight for, Lol.

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/in-character-information/sector-42-official-updated-territories/

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/major-factions/faction-territory-dispute-thread/

Take a look at these two threads.

maybe if we add a reward for holding these territories, IE: Rubles income, It would help?

Legit|Brandon

I think that would be a very good idea,
For Freedom

Yorty

Ruble income for holding bases? No thanks, then the wars between factions would just turn into a race to grab the most bases. And there's lotsa Player Based Factions now, and not many empty bases.

Turkey

Quote from: Yorty on 31-01-2011
Ruble income for holding bases? No thanks, then the wars between factions would just turn into a race to grab the most bases. And there's lotsa Player Based Factions now, and not many empty bases.

I said IT COULD BE that, But what do you have in mind? Continue to passive rp in the base?

Tom

They fight plenty.

and last time a "Outpost" was claimed SOMEONE put all there forces in that one Outpost and could have possibly have gotten buttfucked, I would be Okay with outpost taking if faction leaders where wise in there placements of troops. and must realize that if they have an outpost they still have to maintain a security detail at they're main base as they could still be attacked if they are not careful.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

SGT-Spartans

Rubles income would be great...Have it work like Warhammer Online....1 group grabs a outpost, its locked for a certain amount of time...2 hours maybe.. Steady rubles income. The hours after that the faction has to be active and protect it or it will be taken. If the faction isnt active, only a few online, its still for grabs. The faction soldiers get 1.5 their paycheck ( 450 for freedom ) That leaves a faction with 2250 every hour per 5 soldiers. Just my idea.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

jaik

The problem is actually making triggers and the whole system in Lua. Knowing Silver, it would take a really long time if this idea would be taken in consideration and it's understandable.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

darkzerxx

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 31-01-2011
Rubles income would be great...Have it work like Warhammer Online....1 group grabs a outpost, its locked for a certain amount of time...2 hours maybe.. Steady rubles income. The hours after that the faction has to be active and protect it or it will be taken. If the faction isnt active, only a few online, its still for grabs. The faction soldiers get 1.5 their paycheck ( 450 for freedom ) That leaves a faction with 2250 every hour per 5 soldiers. Just my idea.
It would be nice but nothing gets changed.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Locke

Will get abused when one faction is offline, and the other goes around grabbing land. Bad idea.

andrewhatesyou

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 01-02-2011
Will get abused when one faction is offline, and the other goes around grabbing land. Bad idea.

So then make it so that the faction has to be online in order for the land to be captured?!!?

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

Bielecki

I like this idea a lot, could really work and I'm wondering why we didn't think of it before.

Quote from: andrewhatesyou on 02-02-2011
So then make it so that the faction has to be online in order for the land to be captured?!!?

Andrew is right.

Quote from: Jake on 31-01-2011
The problem is actually making triggers and the whole system in Lua. Knowing Silver, it would take a really long time if this idea would be taken in consideration and it's understandable.

I don't think this requires coding, just a little dedication of an admin to hand the fraction leader his dues.

Quote from: Tom on 31-01-2011
and last time a "Outpost" was claimed SOMEONE put all there forces in that one Outpost and could have possibly have gotten buttfucked,

I don't think we should put a side a good idea to compensate a fraction leader's incompetence.  Rules can be created.

Nargotah

Quote from: Tom on 31-01-2011
, I would be Okay with outpost taking if faction leaders where wise in there placements of troops. and must realize that if they have an outpost they still have to maintain a security detail at they're main base as they could still be attacked if they are not careful.

One way we could solve this is simply have the main bases be capturable as long as the leader and, say, five other members of the faction are online. That way, if they don't leave even a couple of men at the base and they get attacked, that's kinda their fault. And if I remember correctly, there are no IC guards. So yeah.

Turkey

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 01-02-2011

Nah, Because they have to use the format in order to capture it, They cant walk up and /me takes it.

darkzerxx

Who thinks Exile would ever change the Script to do that?

Locke

Quote from: darkzerxx on 03-02-2011
Who thinks Exile would ever change the Script to do that?

please stop talking like you know anything

darkzerxx

Ouch, That really hurt.

Turkey

Quote from: darkzerxx on 03-02-2011
Ouch, That really hurt.

Please. Just stop posting. You don't even know what this topic is about I guess. None of ur post even relate to the threaad

Locke

No offense dark, but you've not been around for a very long time.

Dude

I like where this topic is heading, minus the part with Dark, anyways, Bielecki is 100% right, it eliminates the coding and expolits by relying on the good judgement in an admin, and it would give the conflicts purpose if there were resources to be captured, rather then just shooting each other, AND it would fit the canon perfectly! The factions always fought to maintain territory(Specifically outposts), and not just to shoot each other.