Faction territory wars

Started by Goose, 26-11-2011

Goose

So CC and I have been chatting and are hoping to get this going it's not going to be like the old system were you have to apply to attack an area let alone take it over, fuck that who wants to make an app. No what we want to do is have unrestricted faction struggles to the point where you can take over the other factions main base I will go into details below.

Duty will control the warehouse and that little brick fort and our main base we are not restricting others from using any of these places.

Freedom will have their main base the junkyard and that shack that over looks the tunnel,

Now to prevent factions from killing off the other before it even gets through the tunnels we've agreed to not gun eachother down through the tunnel doors

Main bases: now how this will work if the main base is take and the counter attack fails the faction in question will relocate temporarily to, using duty as an example the warehouse  and freedom the junkyard now to take over a Main base you must controll both of the minor territories in that factions sector. This does not mean you can't attack it just that you can't take it over.

Minor territories: these are the warehouse,shack,brick fort, and the junkyard to take over these both leaders have to agree to the fight and member strength must be equal. After taking a spot a counter attack is possible at the leaders discretion members killed/captured at the outpost are not allowed to be involved in the counter attack.

For a territory to be taken CC and I both have to be online and agree to the terms of the fight faction Co-leaders are NOT allowed to approve territorial attacks   
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

CC

My name is CC and I approve this message.

Seriously though; I think more activity on the server like this well help encourage more players.

Lent23

This plan looks like it needs more Military.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

HitMan5523

Quote from: Lent23 on 26-11-2011
Nope
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Lent23

Quote from: HitMan5523 on 26-11-2011
Nope
That wasn't constructive at all. I was merely suggesting that they include the Military in a faction war plan, due to the Military not being an event faction anymore.
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

HitMan5523

I think the conflict belongs to Duty and Freedom,not the Military.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Lent23

The entire zone belongs to Military.

Otto

The entire zone belongs to Military.

Hahahaha.

No.  It'd be nice to have a pure Duty v. Freedom faction fight for once, leave military out of this please.

jaik

Quote from: Otto on 26-11-2011
Hahahaha.

No.  It'd be nice to have a pure Duty v. Freedom faction fight for once, leave military out of this please.

Hahahaha.
Yes. Legally they do. Which brings us to the main plothole of STALKER itself. The manpower of Ukrainian's armed forces is about 200,000. And an estimated number of people that are in the Zone is 200-600. Why didn't Military take everything under its control is a mystery.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Lent23

Quote from: Jake on 26-11-2011
Hahahaha.

Hahahaha.
Yes. Legally they do. Which brings us to the main plothole of STALKER itself. The manpower of Ukrainian's armed forces is about 200,000. And an estimated number of people that are in the Zone is 200-600. Why didn't Military take everything under its control is a mystery.

Because they were seriously unprepared for Anomalies and Bloodsuckers that came from the zone.

jaik

Hahahaha.

Hahahaha.

Because they were seriously unprepared for Anomalies and Bloodsuckers that came from the zone.

Airstrikes and modern armored vehicles will solve that problem.

Overwatch

Hahahaha.

Hahahaha.

Drive a tank down a road, Hit an anomoly, Whirligig = Goodbye tank, Nice knowing you, Vortex = Hey look im on the other side of the zone, Radiation Anomoly, Everyone inside's dead and they cant get the tank back.

Drivings the most dangerous thing to do in the zone.

jaik

Quote from: Overwatch on 26-11-2011
Hahahaha.

Hahahaha.

Drive a tank down a road, Hit an anomoly, Whirligig = Goodbye tank, Nice knowing you, Vortex = Hey look im on the other side of the zone, Radiation Anomoly, Everyone inside's dead and they cant get the tank back.

Drivings the most dangerous thing to do in the zone.

If you didn't know, infantry works together with tank divisions.

Yorty

I do believe the military /did/ control the zone, and that's when the second disaster occurred. Besides, Ukraine doesn't want to destroy the zone (not that they could) - Why do you think Stalkers are tolerated, money. I'm sure the zone does wonders for the local economy.

OT: While it feels scripted it's been working surprisingly well so far, so no complaints here.

Tom

I think the military should stay out of this.

One ATM serverside it doesn't have the manpower

Two, I remember in all my days in freedom we seldom fought duty and fought military all the time, which I felt was okay but sorta silly

Edit; Also I am affraid that if we add military we'd either have to have an uncannon war between Duty and Military or face the horrible consequences of Duty and Military gang banging freedom, which sucks. Cause whenever we say "Neutrality" we've had an odd patern of Military/Duty leaders treating that like it means Military and Duty are BFFs. Though I think Andy and Goose won't do that, I still think we should air on the safe side
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

irondeity

Your god of thunder approves of this.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Goose

Quote from: Tom on 26-11-2011

Two, I remember in all my days in freedom we seldom fought duty and fought military all the time, which I felt was okay but sorta silly

Edit; Also I am affraid that if we add military we'd either have to have an uncannon war between Duty and Military or face the horrible consequences of Duty and Military gang banging freedom, which sucks. Cause whenever we say "Neutrality" we've had an odd patern of Military/Duty leaders treating that like it means Military and Duty are BFFs. Though I think Andy and Goose won't do that, I still think we should air on the safe side

I plan on having no "Neutrality" with Military what so ever they will not be tolerated and i don't want Freedom getting gangbanged by the two factions so i will have no dealings with the military on friendly terms what so ever.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

CC

Quote from: Goose on 26-11-2011
Quote from: Tom on 26-11-2011

I plan on having no "Neutrality" with Military what so ever they will not be tolerated and i don't want Freedom getting gangbanged by the two factions so i will have no dealings with the military on friendly terms what so ever.

I support this is more than one way;  I feel like Duty shouldn't have many if at all any connections with the Ukrainian military. For one, they were pretty much left to die in the Zone without a care and were left pretty much to survive on their own yadda yadda.

I don't mind Military being involved in their own way in the background. But I can't say I ever saw an occasion when Freedom and Duty were fighting and then the Military came from nowhere and wiped them both out. . . Sounds more like a job for the Monolith. I really liked the concept Rebel had when he ran the Military (for the most part) which consisted of stayed hunkered down in their base and deporting or killing stalkers stupid enough to approach the Military's base. Watching Duty and Freedom duke it out to the death is just a great way to sit back and watch yourself kill two birds with one stone without having to worry. That's just my insight on the manner, though.

Although I will mention, roleplay involving either of the faction are welcome :>

TheAndyShandy

Agreeing with Tom here.
The 'touchy-feely' alliance with Duty before was just taking it a step over the bar. To be honest, we should stay out of this, as the bottom line from my point of view is that Duty and Freedom have the manpower, where we don't. Hell, I only just started yesterday.

And besides, it's something Goose, CC, Duty's members and Freedom's members should do and enjoy, rather than going back to the stuff that was typical of past times.
Warning, this news report contains flashing images.