Faction Rage, And how to change it.

Started by AwDs, 13-08-2010

AwDs

I've been at this for like.. two weeks now, and this is what I think of the SRP factions. Please don't ban me for posting this >.<

Factions.

DUTY: They don't seem to have many problems, only one, they got like 15 people on the roster. and like 6 of them are active. They attack other factions, They do patrols constantly, I've yet to see drama role play in this faction. Their the most serious.

tl;dr
These people know what the fuck their doing.

Freedom: Rovanger attacks them 24/7 with all this paranormal shit. They have a child. They don't act like freedom. Freedomers don't only just sit around and smoke weed, their all for defense, and their not totally passive, Please, Build a forward base, get off your asses, quit drama rping, And start acting like freedomers. Half the time. your base has no guards. no snipers. No gate and their arguing with rook about this fucking kid, and saving Sin from being kidnapped. Thats not freedom like, They have tons of snipers, they do training exercises, and their constantly attacking their enemy's.
Their wipe may have dramatically weakened their numbers, But the drama hasn't gone down.

Do you want to earn the respect of fellow stalkers? Do you want to build a team of loyal friends who will stick up for you in times of trouble? Do you dream of kicking some Duty ass? All this and many other opportunities awaits you if you join Freedom!
- Freedom propaganda aired on their intercom system

that propaganda is a lie.

tl;dr

Stop drama, get off your paycheck collecting ass, and do something. freedom isn't about sitting around, they fight TOOO! Yes, thats right, i said the F word -fight-. God i used the word drama a lot. :p Just because your laid back, Doesn't mean you don't at least -attempt- to 'Give free rights to the zone'

Military: Their way to nice, Dramatic example, /me walks up to the gate. "STALKER! move along, or we will write you a letter, A very angry one.. You won't like that, will you?" They shouldn't be in their base defending, They should be the ones sending out the most patrols. And capturing forward territory. Since when did military start acting like monolith? Your officers Should be leading raids and shit, Not sitting in the barracks drinking tea. Hell this faction has the most active members.
In practice they are one of the most corrupt organizations operating within the Zone, shooting stalkers for sport, extorting them for money, and/or ignoring smuggling operations in exchange for bribes.
tl;dr

shoot the stalkers coming up the gate asking for hugs, and do more patrols. also, they need to act more corrupt, That means if a Lt. is patroling, and a stalker hand him some cash, The lt never saw the stalker.

Monolith: Their all for passive, defending parts of their base. Honestly, I can't complain about their faction. Predu and Bielecki and Buck really know what their doing with this faction. A religious cult that is hostile to all but their own, the Monolithians believe in the power of the Wish Granter,
tl;dr
They got their shit together.

Ecologist:  They spend a fucking week building this whole big roster and forums system, Then, Their never active. I've seen one ecologist since i started. Ping pong, Blake has a very large amount canon knowledge, But is inactive. To be honest, i think co lead would fit him better. Ecologist should not work like it is working. It should go like this..

Scientist: Sit in lab, Never leave. Asking other people to get stuff from outside.

Field Researcher: Carrys a side arm, collects data, Hand it to the scientist, Nothing more.

If you notice in SOC that guy with the green ssp never actually goes into the lab, He's a field researcher.

They also should  be selling, They should have a trader guy in their bunker. Who sells pistols and medical stuff.

Traders: Their never canon, I've met four that actually sit in their base and act normal, The rest run around with exo suits and skats. Shooting anything they dont like, Traders should not fight, nor' should they leave their base. Name one traveling trader in STALKER.... Exactly.

tl;dr to the whole rant.

Leaders, 1. go play stalker, Watch they way your faction acts/works.

2. Come back when you want to run it the right way.

I feel like a total ass by making  this thread, But you need to read this and understand it.

The solution

These are things that make a difference on the way people look at you.

1. Leaders take a good read, Don't post "Get lost, I know how to run my faction."  Instead, take my view point, as a average joe player.

2. Wipes won't change players, Freedoms wipe has done nothing, Instead of wiping the faction, Address your members about the problem.

3. Combat. More of it, For a lone stalker, Its about suriviving, For a faction members, It's about kicking ass in war.

4. Train, Your men need to be trained! If your not fighting, You should be training.

5. Propaganda /bc JOIN FREEDOM!

6. Diligent workers, Don't read someone by their app, Know them IC first. Accepting someone because they can write well, Is like reading a book from its cover. Weed out from all the stalkers, The one who can RP and not cause shit.

I'm Gay!

Sharrock

Good luck with this, probably won't go far. But for your post, i love you.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on

AwDs

Quote from: Sharrock on 13-08-2010
Good luck with this, probably won't go far. But for your post, i love you.

Yeah. I watched most the factions in secret.. And this is what i think.. Please, for anyone else who post, please post your opinion and then dont post.
I'm Gay!

Killabreu

I love you. You've summed up my thoughts and shoved them into a post format. I dunno why I didn't do this earlier. +respect, brotha.

SRP Characters:
Callsign "Faust" - Loner.
Callsign "Eastwood" - American trader.
Roger McMillan - Ex-RIRA. Ex-DUTY. Mercenary.

AwDs

Quote from: Killabreu on 13-08-2010
I love you. You've summed up my thoughts and shoved them into a post format. I dunno why I didn't do this earlier. +respect, brotha.

Thanks, I honestly could not go another day without talking about this.
I'm Gay!

Silver Knight

AwDs as community leader i think you pretty much hit it on the head there my friend.

You missed out Ecologists btw.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Dug

Quote from: Last.Exile on 13-08-2010
AwDs as community leader i think you pretty much hit it on the head there my friend.

A lot of talk about the Ecologists, never seen one. Explain that and by a lot of talk I mean this http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/ecologists/

EDIT: Seen Ping Pong once, and that's about it. There's a lot of stuff in the ecologist thread, just no members. It seems Blake planned it out well.

Nargotah

True enough, really. We're trying to get our guarding situation settled, and doing our best to get the drama situation rectified. The problem is, those duties are delegated to squads, which are themselves a new thing, and we just don't have enough members in said squads yet. I for one will be trying to get my members out and doing super special awesome things.

Dug

I don't think it's about doing uber special things, his point here is for the factions to represent them selves in a way so they are the same as the ones in game. And when you take a look at all those minor factions, most of them are inactive.

Black Rain has been dead for a while now.
Shadow Corporation is dead.
The Sanctioned on the forums is dead however members float around on the server.
Defiance, I've seen some of their members on the server.
Ghost Division I don't know what happened to them, I never seen any of them.
The Family, seems pretty dead.
Birds of Prey, I've seen them around.

Doomburger

Sadly, most of that is more or less correct. PM me/SF me the name of whoever is acting nice and I'll ruin his life. We already shoot on sight (STM then STK), which, as you may have noticed, causes an incredible amount of OOC whining.

Patrols are sent out from time to time, but most of the time we find absolutely nothing. Either that, or half of us go AFK in the middle of it without a care in the world, and then the other half crashes. That's something I can't really do anything about, but I'll give a little wake up call to those who think they should act like fluffy care bears.

lolKieck

CS timeline - Military gets pwnt hard.
SoC timeline - at last Military make Cordon rather than "peacekeeping operation" in the Zone.
CS timeline - the same, but this time Spec-Ops take offensive, trying to capture CNPP or something at Pripyat to establish forward HQ.

Military is supposed to sit at their base, since they got kicked in the arse hard.
At least for me.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Aresty

I couldn't agree more on Freedom, they are acting like teens at the College. About Military, hell when I was SGT, I killed stalkers for sport, even did bets with people that I could kill more stalkers than them. And it's still the same now, I hear alot of people whine about getting insta killed by MIli

Comradebritish

QuoteMilitary: Their way to nice, Dramatic example, /me walks up to the gate. "STALKER! move along, or we will write you a letter, A very angry one.. You won't like that, will you?"

I lol'd, although, verbal warnings would be nice, and Sharrock and smithy need to learn the term "Warning Shot" it's not sposed to be fired off in the air right above you, wait a second then shoot the stalker, we can't hear it. Or they fire it no where bloody near us and we don't get a chance to run. Sometimes the fuckers fire one into me and say "That was a warning shot, hup too bitch."

Oh and the ecologists seem dead, again, someone get the poking stick.
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

Welek

hey freedom start acting like freedom

I already said that freedom is not being Freedom like anymore.

Goose

Awds i love you, I would like to fight, And the one time we did something to strike a blow against duty, it erupted into a 3-4 hour rage from people who -Werent even involved- Example, Freeodmers raging about shit, that we killed a man who we were told was suppling duty, Anyway i am going to stop there before i start up the rage fest again, and i am annoyed about a couple of things, it seems everytime i try to do something like an attack i get bitched out, or told to fuck off, and stop combat rping and STKing or else it will become a CSS game, but matter of fact, it will not become CSS and people should get over the fact that you may die and you may loose gear, Now dont go saying, Oh you have an Exo and FN you wont die, I will die, I have before and i have lost shit, i suck it up and move on it is a game people, Also this "Cease fire" we have with military needs to stop right fucking now, Tasker stop being a care bear, and lead a terrorist group, Ravanger fuck off with Saint what ever and stop this supernatural shit, /rant Sigh

Oh and i didnt even touch base on this other thing, IDK who but i think it was tasker because i know it wasnt me, Sent two -ROOKIES- on a patrol no backup nothing, they wandered over into Dutys secotor and go HAY LETS SCOUT TEH DUTEH, and then start shooting one is K.I.A/M.I.A, The other just told me about this today, 24 hours after it happend/Rant and tasker im not chewing you out or anything

Edit2: Also if this baby thing dosent stop soon, I am going to take it and smuther it then burn the fucking bodie.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Paintcheck

Freedom passive is good but it has gotten ridiculous what you guys do. A baby? Seriously? I remember back when I first joined (waaaaaaaay back) there was more passive than "pew pew" but it wasn't this soap opera stuff. Duty wants to start fighting you guys again but it's hard when you all want to do nothing but sit behind your walls and do weird RPs with mythical Zone babies or however that goes.

Ravanger

The only reason I attack freedom is since they have a mutant human baby... If they gave it to someone else they attacks would change.Again I say, THEY HAVE A MUTANT BABY!!.....A MU AND TANT AND BABY..Seth is ok with it so all you little freedomers can stfu.Also I did onyl one attack that was somewhat related to paranormal. The rest were manmade.Also none of the factions will be perfect to there cannon or how they act. It is just human nature to add a little bit of your own. Plus the members effect a lot. So rageing going "BLAJDKAL" wont help to much.Also they have gained a few things from attacking as well.I was fair when I attacked and no one every really died and when someone died it was only a short death to rp being dead.If you guys want it to stop think about idiots...Your all so dumb...Get rid of the baby problem changes.You got mutant attacks on your hands and a few human sources.Thats why Hugo a long time ago wanted to take the baby is to study it and take it out of the zone.

Also Tasker said he was fine with the attacks when I asked him.So this thread is BULLSHIT!The freedom part mainly.

Goose

Mmmk, Robots, Supernatural "Gods", And shit, I am not okay with >.< i am really getting tired of that shit, and it is not helping the damn drama RP.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Ravanger

They werent robots children.....ALso you HAVE A MUTANT BABY!!!!!Also paintcheck dont even post responce to the robot thing..I seen your C-CON thing... I didnt rolf pwn all of you ethier...It is your own fault you are getting attacked.Infact Goose you got a SVD.....Also can you guys not judge something by the cover of it...All you guys do is complain...Also the guy wasent a god numbnuts...It is just no one even tried to shoot him adcept Akayla once. Then you guys killed him easily, he was a dude fell into a space anomly and went loopy escaped and few other thigns happened.Also only post if you know anything about what I am talking about. Dont just randmoly agree with freedomers complaning...Also like I said before cannon will never be right on, I think it is the leaders giveing there own spice,plus think about it, if it was real they might have a change of heart or mind and be a bit different, things change...You all are overcomplaing especial AWDS...I did only one paranormal somewhat attack and all you little chickens squak and it turns that I am going Ghost busters on you guys....Plus it is the fucking zone nothing is normal...I think everyone thing is going ok and when people start complaing thats when the real problems start then more complaining...Also can you people actually go driectly to someone and say something to them instead be all sneaky and posting. Alteast bto came to me and complained....Also you guys should actually do something about it IC instead of complaing OOC.....Also nothing will be perfect, think about it...IT IS PROPGANDA!!!!!!

Ping-Pong

YOU HAVE JUST EARNED A SPOT ON THE COOL LIST!
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

AwDs

Quote from: Last.Exile on 13-08-2010

You sayiing this means a lot, thanks.
Quote from: Goose on 13-08-2010
Awds i love you, I would like to fight, And the one time we did something to strike a blow against duty, it erupted into a 3-4 hour rage from people who -Werent even involved- Example, Freeodmers raging about shit, that we killed a man who we were told was suppling duty, Anyway i am going to stop there before i start up the rage fest again, and i am annoyed about a couple of things, it seems everytime i try to do something like an attack i get bitched out, or told to fuck off, and stop combat rping and STKing or else it will become a CSS game, but matter of fact, it will not become CSS and people should get over the fact that you may die and you may loose gear, Now dont go saying, Oh you have an Exo and FN you wont die, I will die, I have before and i have lost shit, i suck it up and move on it is a game people, Also this "Cease fire" we have with military needs to stop right fucking now, Tasker stop being a care bear, and lead a terrorist group, Ravanger fuck off with Saint what ever and stop this supernatural shit, /rant Sigh

Oh and i didnt even touch base on this other thing, IDK who but i think it was tasker because i know it wasnt me, Sent two -ROOKIES- on a patrol no backup nothing, they wandered over into Dutys secotor and go HAY LETS SCOUT TEH DUTEH, and then start shooting one is K.I.A/M.I.A, The other just told me about this today, 24 hours after it happend/Rant and tasker im not chewing you out or anything

Edit2: Also if this baby thing dosent stop soon, I am going to take it and smuther it then burn the fucking bodie.

Thanks, i am tired of sitting around the fucking base in freedom, guarding a child. I want some action, Jesus

Quote from: Doomburger on 13-08-2010
Sadly, most of that is more or less correct. PM me/SF me the name of whoever is acting nice and I'll ruin his life. We already shoot on sight (STM then STK), which, as you may have noticed, causes an incredible amount of OOC whining.

Patrols are sent out from time to time, but most of the time we find absolutely nothing. Either that, or half of us go AFK in the middle of it without a care in the world, and then the other half crashes. That's something I can't really do anything about, but I'll give a little wake up call to those who think they should act like fluffy care bears.

Good, You got your faction pretty well in order tbh, Just be more offenseive.

Quote from: Ravanger on 13-08-2010
The only reason I attack freedom is since they have a mutant human baby... If they gave it to someone else they attacks would change.Again I say, THEY HAVE A MUTANT BABY!!.....A MU AND TANT AND BABY..Seth is ok with it so all you little freedomers can stfu.Also I did onyl one attack that was somewhat related to paranormal. The rest were manmade.Also none of the factions will be perfect to there cannon or how they act. It is just human nature to add a little bit of your own. Plus the members effect a lot. So rageing going "BLAJDKAL" wont help to much.Also they have gained a few things from attacking as well.I was fair when I attacked and no one every really died and when someone died it was only a short death to rp being dead.If you guys want it to stop think about idiots...Your all so dumb...Get rid of the baby problem changes.You got mutant attacks on your hands and a few human sources.Thats why Hugo a long time ago wanted to take the baby is to study it and take it out of the zone.

Also Tasker said he was fine with the attacks when I asked him.So this thread is BULLSHIT!The freedom part mainly.

Don't get me wrong, but your character attacked, shot spike from his hands, magically caught of fire and died. Then, one stabbed himself and exploded... Thats called using your administrator rights, to get away with crazy/impossable rp
Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-08-2010
Freedom passive is good but it has gotten ridiculous what you guys do. A baby? Seriously? I remember back when I first joined (waaaaaaaay back) there was more passive than "pew pew" but it wasn't this soap opera stuff. Duty wants to start fighting you guys again but it's hard when you all want to do nothing but sit behind your walls and do weird RPs with mythical Zone babies or however that goes.

I wish i joined back then.

Also, I am adding the ecologist part.

I'm Gay!

Tom

Wait Wait Wait. . . . We are getting attacked because we have a baby?! WHY THE FUCK DO WE HAVE A BABY?! GOD DAMNIT! /rage

That makes as much  sense as the picture below

Also the constant supernatural and odd folks constantly attacking freedom over this baby that. . . Should technicaly not exsist makes about as much sense as the picture above.

There is a reason why I don't EVER get on my freedomer that much anymore, and thats the prime reason, Cuase we make NO BLEEDING SENSE WHATSOEVER! And Everyone always wonders "Tom why arn't you training the rookies." Well. . . T-Duh! Im always afraid im gonna get attacked by some random
Inter-dementionalphycomantisassholewhoshootsspikesoutofhismotherfuckinghandscharacter.
So I avoid freedom AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. And the fact that tasker is like "Oh all my friends are dieing and all pissed off and about to leave freedom over this baby stuff. . . HURKADURFDURF LETSKEEPTEHBABY!" Is anouther paradox in itself that makes no fucking sense at all.

T asker. If making the baby fuck off is the way to stop the stupid non-sensical drama bullshit RP. GET THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT OUT OF FREEDOM BASE FFS! /Uberrage

In the mean time Im taking a break from freedom possibly
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

AwDs

Quote from: Tom on 13-08-2010
Wait Wait Wait. . . . We are getting attacked because we have a baby?! WHY THE FUCK DO WE HAVE A BABY?! GOD DAMNIT! /rage

That makes as much  sense as the picture below

Also the constant supernatural and odd folks constantly attacking freedom over this baby that. . . Should technicaly not exsist makes about as much sense as the picture above.

There is a reason why I don't EVER get on my freedomer that much anymore, and thats the prime reason, Cuase we make NO BLEEDING SENSE WHATSOEVER! And Everyone always wonders "Tom why arn't you training the rookies." Well. . . T-Duh! Im always afraid im gonna get attacked by some random
Inter-dementionalphycomantisassholewhoshootsspikesoutofhismotherfuckinghandscharacter.
So I avoid freedom AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. And the fact that tasker is like "Oh all my friends are dieing and all pissed off and about to leave freedom over this baby stuff. . . HURKADURFDURF LETSKEEPTEHBABY!" Is anouther paradox in itself that makes no fucking sense at all.

T asker. If making the baby fuck off is the way to stop the stupid non-sensical drama bullshit RP. GET THAT FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT OUT OF FREEDOM BASE FFS! /Uberrage

In the mean time Im taking a break from freedom possibly

Agree. one day on my freedomer and i already dont like the faction. I love it in the stalker games tho'
I'm Gay!

AwDs

also, Can i be promoted to the head of giving a shit about canon?
I'm Gay!

Ravanger

Also he stabed himself with fluid in his c4 pack to explode...You people dont get anything do you. So you guys should take more of a IC action instead of being OOC babies...All i want to do is have a little event instead of watching people finger themsvles for hours in there base....So kindly GTFO..This is why we cant have the good things, more or less you are being a bit of a prick.So why dont we not have anymore events....Since all everyone does is complain and complain and complain. Not only about mine but everyone elses...Are you happy now?it is funny also when we fix one problems another starts... Since before everyone is like THERE IS NO FUCKING EVENTS...Now everyone is like STOP WITH THE EVENTS......IT AINT A CAKEWALK OWNING A MUTANT BABY RETARDSSSSS..... SO how about that we dont have anymore events in HGN.....