Experienced Mercenary Paycheck

Started by Torch, 22-02-2010

Torch

Can we get this back please? Its the only flag that I know of that doesn't get a time-based paycheck.

Royz

Well, estalkers with makarovs get a paycheck, but then why should emercs with Viper5's get them?

Szenti

Ask for a job, and theres your paycheck.

Tunddruff

Im gunna agree with Szenti. Mercs shouldn't get paychecks. They work for money.

Pawx

But at the same time, So do Stalkers. I think the same, Experienced Mercs need a paycheck too.

Zarrick

Traders get one of the biggest paychecks, yet they trade.
====================================

====================================

Paintcheck

That was so they could have enough money to set up missions, which most of them don't use so maybe they don't need that any more.

Zstan

I think no-one should get a paycheck (Besides major factions)

Who the fuck would be handing out paychecks?

Paintcheck

It's more of a donator perk to get a paycheck more than an IC good idea. And money is scarce, I don't think anyone would begrudge someone for wanting a paycheck

Zstan

Quote from: Paintcheck on 23-02-2010
It's more of a donator perk to get a paycheck more than an IC good idea. And money is scarce, I don't think anyone would begrudge someone for wanting a paycheck
Aren't we roleplaying here? Get real. We don't need money to roleplay.

Pawx

Quote from: Zstan on 23-02-2010

Well, We do need a economy for RP, No Economy, Meaning chaos and DM Fest everywhere, That's why we have paychecks, To keep the economy running.

Cheesums

They kind of help simulate the fact that it's a STALKER roleplay environment. In the actual universe of STALKER, there would be a lot more opportunities to make money, paychecks make up for that somewhat.

Zstan

That's what missions and jobs are for. In the SRP universe it would probably be abused anyway.

1. Go AFK for 24 hours on the SRP server
2. ??
3. PROFIT!!!

Assassinator

If STALKER's get a weapon = "too, or greater value" of the mercs, then they can get a paycheck, otherwise it's plain unfair.

Madcombat

That's what missions and jobs are for. In the SRP universe it would probably be abused anyway.

1. Go AFK for 24 hours on the SRP server
2. ??
3. PROFIT!!!

You taken the simplest arguement, but never the less forgoten alot more to this.

In the Stalker Universe it is known to become rich and get jobs however due to the problem with Money, Jobs themselfs are hard to gain, I remember a time I was able to get a job as a rook so simpley by going to Sergei (DoomBurgers Char) and I got the most simplest jobs of all.

Sergei: Hello Stalker.
James: I need a Job bro'.
Sergei: I am in need of boxes, I will pay alot for them, 400RU per box, 600RU if it is a larger box.
*James's eyes widen*
James: Done!
*James runs off bringing a box at a time*

I remember doing that a long time ago, simple job and it got me quite a decent amount of Money for Roleplay.  And before I get the arguement of another member going "We do get jobs!", then obveously some Traders are just reserving there jobs for stalkers with Eqipment such as Exos and suits yet never the Rookies, in short. Traders need to do somthing, after all they do get a big pay check or are they greeding out?

Secound, I dont know if this is brought up once or twice but Artifacts, these occure after a emission and are around anomalies, when ever a anomalie is placed, there is no artifact to be found. (Or I have missed it) Yet never the less, anomalies are never around to have a artifact in the location and before someone goes "Phys gun em' out" theres a ability to shorten the range of the Physgun you silly people.

Now onto the main issue about here, Experiance Mercenary Paycheck, I did recall hearing about Emercs having a Viper 5?. I do think thats enough to cover the check as Experianced stalkers only get a hand gun (And I like that because it doesnt weigh me down). If the paycheck for Mercs is raised, then please on god give Experianced Stalkers a Viper 5 to make things a little more fair but doing this means the 20 USD will probaly be raised.

Now my wall of Text after Text is over, I hope I enlightened you on how things should be, Traders need to give more jobs out.

Good day my good sir.

Paintcheck

E stalkers start witha  makarov and get 200 rubles for life. E mercs start with a Viper 5 and get nothing. 200 rubles isn't a lot but I'd rather have that as a steady stream of income since once the EStalker buys a Viper 5 or better he comes out ahead of the merc.