Ecologist leader

Started by Goose, 31-01-2013

Goose

The ecologists need a leader. If you are interested post here, the closing date will be Feb. 3 2013.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Frostee

I'll bite.

Khorn

Hey, if Frostee throws his hat in, I'll offer to take part.

I'm willing to co-op the Ecos with others.

I promise to not make anything like 'That Crazy Eco'.

Steven :D

^ take these 2 guys.

Tom

Quote from: Khorn on 31-01-2013
I promise to not make anything like 'That Crazy Eco'.

We had one of those once. His name was star.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

darkzerxx

Umm me? I actually like the rp a lot and wouldn't mind co leadingwith others like rebel brought up, two or three people same powers and rank working together. The problem i had after two years leading was IRL issues and then i just ran out of ideas so now i love to get a chance to lead again.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Khorn

3 head scientist could work. It'd give more availability. But, I personally won't be part of any other faction, major or minor.

And I'm fine with standing in a lab for a hours just /me scienceing thing.

Frostee

Quote from: darkzerxx on 31-01-2013
Umm me? I actually like the rp a lot and wouldn't mind co leadingwith others like rebel brought up, two or three people same powers and rank working together. The problem i had after two years leading was IRL issues and then i just ran out of ideas so now i love to get a chance to lead again.

You were already Eco leader, give someone else a try. Or we could try what Khorn said, but still.

darkzerxx

wouldn't mind co leadingwith others like rebel brought up, two or three people same powers and rank working together.
3 head scientist could work. It'd give more availability. But, I personally won't be part of any other faction, major or minor.

And I'm fine with standing in a lab for a hours just /me scienceing thing.
Quote from: Frostee on 31-01-2013

You were already Eco leader, give someone else a try. Or we could try what Khorn said, but still.
Like i said i wouldn't mind having three leaders with the same power and rank, be more productive and make me happy since i would still be in only faction i liked. And frostee i don't plan on giving up on eco. I actually like the rp.

That and i didn't get eco back and active two years ago and stick with it for nothing.

jaik

there's only one authority that can control everything. 1 leader, how ever many co leaders you want, members.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

We can have 3 co leaders that control everything, we just take a vote. There is no reason to force a single top leader.

But that's up to whoever decides this.

Lucky Pig

I'd like to file my name in for consideration.

darkzerxx

We can have 3 co leaders that control everything, we just take a vote. There is no reason to force a single top leader.

But that's up to whoever decides this.
Like khorn is saying, we don't need a single leader, in fact having more than two or one can act as a check and balance system with voting over activity the ecologist part take in such as organizing expeditions, hiring local help, and working together for coming up with amazing projects that will help the servers experience. I know from experience how stressful it is trying to lead on your own when you don't have inputs for others and end up dealing with irl issues and eventually like I encountered, just running out of ideas. Hopefully if this new leadership system works it can help with these problems and contacting other leads on a vote isn't very hard or stressful.
On a side note I'm willing to bury the hatchet for the sake of getting something very important for the server that needs to get done. It's a new year and lot of stuff to get off the ground so it won't be easy but I'm confident with the tight plànning we can do this.

jaik

there must be someone at the very top regardless of your wishes because this is giving 3 people equal leadership positions in one MINOR faction -- that's not how it works. besides democracy is unnecessary and is known to fail when it comes to leading something on the internet. if you want good for this faction then you dont want to have 3 leaders.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Jake on 01-02-2013
there must be someone at the very top regardless of your wishes because this is giving 3 people equal leadership positions in one MINOR faction -- that's not how it works. besides democracy is unnecessary and is known to fail when it comes to leading something on the internet.
It's a new year, there's a new script, there's a new srp in general, why the hell not give it a try.

jaik

Quote from: darkzerxx on 01-02-2013
It's a new year, there's a new script, there's a new srp in general, why the hell not give it a try.

all of which have nothing to do with leading the faction.

Lucky Pig

there must be someone at the very top regardless of your wishes because this is giving 3 people equal leadership positions in one MINOR faction -- that's not how it works. besides democracy is unnecessary and is known to fail when it comes to leading something on the internet.

Perhaps because common sense says "No". You would not shove an icicle up your arse even if it is a new year, because you already know it's stupid.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Lucky Pig on 01-02-2013

Perhaps because common sense says "No". You would not shove an icicle up your arse even if it is a new year, because you already know it's stupid.
From leading it before for long as I did I'm open to trying a new idea. Even if its a minor faction it doesn't mean it's not a important part of the server it self. And when it comes to having a single lead to keep things in check a democracy acts as a check and balance system so we don't end up with stupid and crazy experiments or crazy scientist. And I think the new core admins would have a strong part in all this as well but have other priorities so having a system that works it self out with out bothering the admins would help. Besides scientist work together anyway to come up with and act on experiments that are a big part of their job. The ecologist are sent to the zone to study it in small teams that usually act on there own and send all their results to the main head quarters so they still have a reason to be there.

Lucky Pig

But obviously every single research group needs a leader.

Blake.H

Quote from: Jake on 31-01-2013
there's only one authority that can control everything. 1 leader, how ever many co leaders you want, members.

Ehem.

Id take -my- faction back anyday.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

jaik

Quote from: Longlostblake on 01-02-2013
Quote from: Jake on 31-01-2013

Ehem.

Id take -my- faction back anyday.

at least blake knows how to run a faction

darkzerxx

Yes but this does not mean it can't run with a group of individuals leading it, I mean governments are lead by groups and not a single supreme leader. Once again it's not our call and is up to the core admins to decide what to do.

jaik

Yes but this does not mean it can't run with a group of individuals leading it, I mean governments are lead by groups and not a single supreme leader. Once again it's not our call and is up to the core admins to decide what to do.

experience shows that democracy or any variants of it in the internet will fail no matter what.

darkzerxx

experience shows that democracy or any variants of it in the internet will fail no matter what.
Once again instead of arguing if democracy works or not, I'll wait to see what the core admins choose.

Ragolution

Why don't we just make it so there's a leading party of like..

3 Research Directors and 1 Ecologist Leader or something.