-=DUTY=- Announcements

Started by Commissar Nitro, 12-05-2010

Ace of Hearts

This has been posted before, but I'm going to post it again; Squads are NOT there just for the forums to look fancy. You are meant to join them. The squads cover a great deal of specialities & roleplay types, so pick one, and talk to the squad leader about joining it. BEAR should not be the largest squad by the enormous margin it currently is.

The squad roster can be found here; http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/duty/duty-squads-(wip)/msg92478/#msg92478

Get to it.

Dug

You CAN NOT get promoted until you join a squad.
You are welcome Ace.

Ace of Hearts

For those who don't already know; Weekly chat has been moved to tomorrow. (Sunday, same time as usual.)

Dug

I strongly suggest to the squad leaders to do things with their squads and seek new members actively.
If you do not do your job as a squad leader, you will be replaced with someone more competent.

Dug

Due to following reasons, Duty is taking over server 2:
- The new map is dark, requiers more lights which means lag
- Poor defensive capabilities
- Cramp dark, hardly see anything in the dark
- Ecologists have no base
- Military has no base

We are using the same old base as we did when Chernobyl was on server 1. This is a perfect oppertunity for you people to practice passive RP.

Dug

I don't know if I can dedicate my self enough due to school and other activities.
But I will try. After the activity check which ends on friday, I'll see if we can get on and do something.

Dug

Tomorrow, we mount a waaagh.

Dug

We will have a weekly chat today.

Dug

GG headset got fried. Nothing going on till I buy a new one.

Dug

New rules.

Roster max people 15.
Online max people 6.

Only during large skirmishes more people can get on.

People will be removed, roster edited.
There will be different ranks now.

Dug

Squads are probably gonna turn into fireteams of three.
Which means leader and two followers.

Another thing I'm thinking of is specialization so everyone has their own thing, and complete removal of squads/fireteams.

Dug

Squads/Fireteams are going to get worked on this Saturday or Sunday.

Dug

It is highly encouraged for people with ranks above S-Sldr to take initiative in making Duty active.
I might be the leader, but I don't have time for EVERYTHING and I can't do everything my self, you are there as my "little helpers". So start doing something or get the fuck out. I'm not going to grab your hand everytime and drag you onto the server.

In Duty, I've tried so hard to put two of the following words into your thick skulls.

INITIATIVE
PASSIVE ROLEPLAY

If you can't handle the responsibility I give you as an NCO, or CO, then get lost.
There are always other people who will be able to handle it.

I hereby deny access to server 1 for Duty characters, until the activity incrises.
When you finally learn you are a god damn team. Then you will be given chance to fight other factions
and venture outside of the sector.

Have a nice day.

EDIT: The cook and Janitor positions will be switched and given to each week ascending from the bottom of the roster. Check the specializations roster to know what you are.

The Janitor and The Cook MUST do as they are told in terms of cooking and cleaning.
If a soldier requiers coffee, then it must be made. Any sort of harassment towards the cook and the janitor will be PUNISHED.

Dug

Good job, there was a nice number of us yesterday.
I remind the janitors and cooks to do their jobs.
Tonight I'll be hosting a meeting.
No I didn't get a headset yet.

Dug

Right. I am back and I am going to push for activity.
I don't want excuses I want you back into your boots!

Dug

I'll need you lot online today when I come back from school.
It is very important that you get on. I need a whole faction equipment check.
I want to see what we have and what we don't have.

We've got a pretty good budget so we will be able to issue/rearm/re-equip and soldiers in need.

It's that time again, gentlemen.

C&C Red Alert 2 music (Hell March 2)

Nova

There will be a complete overhaul and reformation of the Squads/Specializations in the following days or after I return. Depends on how good my connection is. No, this doesn't mean I'll return to the server anytime soon.

QuoteSquads are probably gonna turn into fireteams of three.
Which means leader and two followers.

In honor of Dug, we'll do what he didn't have the time to do.

Nova

I'll try and be on tomorrow so we can discuss Fireteams.

Really happy about the activity today, even though we exceeded the allowed amount online at once.
Keep it up.

Nova

MUST READ:

Squad has been reformatted into fireteams! Over the next days Duty members will be placed into the various squads.

Another thing: All Duty members are to adress Sergeant's+ properly, with a "Sir/ma'am" and saluting them, albeit never salute a Sergeant+ in the open!
Junior-Sergeant's are to be addressed as "Sir/ma'am" and shown proper respect. Saluting them is not neccesary.
Failure to follow these rules are punishable.

Smirnoff

It has come to my attention that some member's are paycheck farming, or in other ways exploiting and abusing their flags and power.
No names for obvious reasons but you know you you are, and know that I know who you are.

Let me make this clear for you, if I find anyone breaking any major rules for the sake of personal gain, your status within DUTY will suffer severly, and I will not hesitate to turn you in to the admin team.

Other then that, keep up this wunderbar activity.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Nova

New rank added: Warrant Officer

This rank represent a new level of responsibility, and so, this is not a rank that can be earned by normal means. It's an all volunteer rank, and only the best will be chosen. Do not even consider applying for this rank if you do not have the responsibility or activity.

To apply for the rank, speak to both me, Tenshi and ComradeBritish. We will then talk with each other, and report back asap.

Nova

Quick little announcement, although it should be taken very seriously:

Get active or get out.

I'm sick and tired of the fact that the only time anyone get's on, is when I tell them to.

Nova

Due to a certain, new rule, we need a quartermaster, or at very least a faction trader. As I honestly don't like the idea of a faction trader, I'll be going for a quartermaster.
As such, the quartermaster application thread has been re-opened. First you'll have to apply here, and if you're accepted, then you'll apply in the trader thread.

And another quick reminder, just like the last time: Get active or get the boot. Way too many people only get on when I tell them to.

Smirnoff

Server is back online, so I expect everyone to get back into their boots as soon as possible.

I will also be away from the 7th of July to atleast the 23rd, possibly more.
I wont be able to get on steam, the server or even the forums during the entire time.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Nova

Remember, quartermaster applications are still open. Grab it while you can!