Double Agent, Thought

Started by Zero, 09-09-2009

Zero

While trading today I heard a stalker say that the Monolith had a double agent in it, knowing it was bullshit I ignored the thought, but then it came back to me, Can a Major faction have a double agent? Would it make a good roleplay with the idea of sabotage, and intel gathering? Can you really begin espionage and become a spy?

Akira

Monolith are getting brainwashed before they join... That's kinda impossible.

Zero

Quote from: Akira on 09-09-2009
Monolith are getting brainwashed before they join... That's kinda impossible.
I said I knew it was bullshit, but not entirely impossible if enough high tech gear was used such as a the kind of psychic field nullifier like what Strelok used, but even then you would be spotted

Paintcheck

I joined the military from Freedom. Probably not as a double agent but I'm leaving that option open in case I need a deus ex machina excuse to get back into Freedom.

KillSlim

My Military-Mercenary was a double agent. (This was before the wipe.)
I'd become friends with Freedom, and gain information from them. Then go to the military camp, and sell the information.
Because my old merc was a well-known Mercenary (Stanislav Yakov) he was granted information from the higher ups of the Military, so I'd go back to Freedom and sell the information to them!
I was never discovered, lol.
Anyway, back on-track, I don't think it would be possible to have a Monolith double-agent, because of what Akira said.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Zero

I'm not sayings its impossible to prevent the brainwash effects from the monolith, only that its impssoble to think that you can infiltrate them if you do, and yeah I agree that the idea to sell information or perform a assassination through espionage isn't impossible if done right, most people will look at the flag and say in character "OMG SPAH PEW PEW U DIE!!!"

Nines

Well, before the brainwash we make sure to clear you for bugs, radio, etc.

At this stage you should be pretty fucked up anyways, because I probably hit you with a shovel beforehand.

Locke

Quote from: Nines on 10-09-2009
Well, before the brainwash we make sure to clear you for bugs, radio, etc.

At this stage you should be pretty fucked up anyways, because I probably hit you with a shovel beforehand.

FF'TWANG

Zero

Enough with the Monolith, I'm talking about the Military, Duty And Freedom.

Doublethink

Hey this Topic kinda' has my name in it. Just take away 'Agent'!

Man this is so relevent.

bto

THe Double Agent thing Is cool, People have done it.
But a Monolth Double agent, It just doesnt go.
Freedom all day BITCHES!

Pawx

Monolith cant really have a agent...

Goose

wow you people should really read posts hes saying hes NOT talking about the monolith but Freedom,Duty, and military. i thought about being a double agent in the military but i was to lazy to apply for a postion.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"