Does anyone ever actually USE CONTAINERS?

Started by Hotstarr, 21-08-2009

Hotstarr

Honestly, I haven't seen much of that going on. Sure, having an inventory of weapons that rivals RE4's Merchant is cool, but for the sake of realism, I doubt anyone can carry that many guns at once without being slowed down or exausted by the weight. Like say, characters can only hold two rifles at a time, and one(two, if you only have one rifle) in their inventory at all times. The rest of their stuff can go inside a container(preferrably one that's unbreakable.), where their items can be accessed by the owner or anyone else. Also, faction-exclusive suits cannot be stolen from another player's container, nor can exos be stolen.

Sure, some people will probably hate this, but this will prevent people having hundreds of Grozas in their ass, while having people buy weapons from traders more often, since their container can be robbed at any moment it's unguarded or locked away, and it'll prevent people from just, and then suddenly taking another ammo-filled gun out of their ass. Also, traders should be able to sell ammo/medkits, if they already can't right now.

deluxulous

I try to set up stashes in crates, but it deletes your items when you put them inside.

so, tl;dr, containers = broken

Strelok Holmes

I've always set up cashs and sold em to stalkers, they'er usualy full of random guns i find :D

But, i've been away and, supposedly containers dont work anymore.(Best to put em in supply crates... just like HL2!)

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Hotstarr

Quote from: PistolKid on 21-08-2009
I try to set up stashes in crates, but it deletes your items when you put them inside.

so, tl;dr, containers = broken

Then someone should fix that then.

Plunger

Bagelz

They are not broken, as Plunger said. I use them all the time for missions I setup.

Hotstarr

Quote from: Bagelz on 21-08-2009
They are not broken, as Plunger said. I use them all the time for missions I setup.

You use containers? Thank god. We really should see some more container action around here.

ISPYUDIE

As my trader instead of putting loads of prop guns everywhere I put real weapons because it bugs me when people use the props so they don't loose stuff

deluxulous

Lol, so I'm the only one who gets everything I put into a crate deleted.

SpAcY

I use crates when I go into another character to swap we-I didn't say anything.

Amontillado

Birds of Prey uses them to keep are stock, makes it realistick, so if someone steels from are trader, they may actually get a chance to steel something

Locke

Hm.. I use them occasionally, but until weight is implemented, it's not going to be regularly used.

Sickness

I use them all the time, thats why no one ever finds my stash :/
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Fluffy

Quote from: Sickness on 07-12-2009
I use them all the time, thats why no one ever finds my stash :/

*Fluffy recognizes this oppurtunity and locates every container on the map*

KillSlim

Can you not read post dates? This is from August, This thread was in page 3!

Quote from: Amontillado on 06-12-2009
Birds of Prey uses them to keep are stock, makes it realistick, so if someone steels from are trader, they may actually get a chance to steel something

Thanks for the Necro Amontillado!
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

mecaguy03

Heh, Its a habit of mine to check every single crate or container I come across, maybe I will get lucky