Do you want me to bring back BEVA Incorporated?

Started by Locke, 08-07-2010

Should BEVA be brought back?

Yes, bring it back.
No, keep it in the past.

Locke

A while back I had lead a faction called BEVA Incorporated which had started off a long time ago as an effort to map the zone's areas. The character who lead the faction had funding from an ex-munitions company that was stationed in the USSR but owned mostly by british sources. As the faction progressed I found that maps were not needed very often, so I branched off into the newspaper business. Here is the link to the backstory, which was written a long time ago and has been archived since.

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/scrapyard/beva-incorporated-full-backstory-faction-application/

Here is the first and only publication. The whole idea never took off because I became busy with other things in real life and in HGN so I never had a chance to finish.

(Right Click > View Image  for higher res)

Anyways, it's a passive RP faction that rarely fights. It has two parts, guards and reporters who work together to gather information.

Locke

Oh, and suggest names for the newspaper after you vote.

Predu

Well, why not. This could lead to passive RPing about reading this "newspaper" about the zone. The zone needs a journalist who is curious about the happenings inside the zone and eager to learn about the zone. And to post his view of the zone.

I have no good suggestions for a name but well.. I came up with "The Zone Within".

Ravanger

Indeed^...Includeing jobs oppurtunites and other things.

lolKieck

Predu came up with good name and he pointed out something I wanted to say.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Pawx

I don't know how a Newspaper would survive in the Zone, unless it was realsed through PDA's. But still a good idea, just canon would be slightly hurt, but who gives a crap.

Dug

I loved these, even tho it was only one report. Bring them back :D

deluxulous

I always heard about BEVA and saw this, but I was disappointed it never took off.

Also, if I recall correctly, BEVA only reported things that "sounded good" or bended the truth to make stuff sound not so bad. Maybe a rival newspaper company funded by a few private investors inside the zone could make a "true" newspaper reporting everything that actually happened?

Locke

We try to lighten up day-to-day life in the zone, so yeah, we try to make things sound lighter than they actually are. Makes it easier to live in a radiated shithole >.>

Khorn

How about "The Anomaly"?

"The Heart of the Zone"?Artifact on the cover?

"The Compass"? Artifact on the cover?

Or "Artifact Weekly"?

Monkeyfisker

BEVA, "Beaver Report." c:

In any case, this seems cool, seems fun.

"The Stalkers Report"
"The Zone Gazette"
"The Stalkers Gazette"

Locke

Hm, I like the anomaly theme khorn threw in, suggest some names with that theme c:

Khorn

Stone Blood Digest?

Mama's Bead News?
:P

Silence)

I can see it now the PDA being updated to include weekly reports of this wouldn't be a bad idea.   

meetdadoom

Yeah do it, it can add a cool element to the Zone

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]