Death Howled - A Day in the Life of Ares

Started by Paintcheck, 27-07-2009

Paintcheck

((Alright before I head out to the East Coast tomorrow thought I'd do some writing for my Bloodsucker character, figured it might be interesting yada yada no one's going to read this anyway))

The sun rose over the Zone, its rays reflecting off the irradiated dust kicked up by the Whirlygig anomalies looking like fire in the haze. The rays penetrated the mouth of the cave where Ares slept, curled up in a corner. Ares opened his red eyes and snarled quietly to himself. He had been dreaming, seeing strange figures that looked familiar to some far off corner of the bloodsucker's brain. Ares could tell they were not Bloodsuckers but the whole scene seemed...reminiscent of something that came before. He dreamed of this scene often, seeing the figures standing around a box that flashed with hundreds of small lights apparently worried about something. The dream always ended in the same way, with a bright flash and then...nothing.

Ares was a tall sucker, towering over 7 feet, a solid mass of lean muscle. Through his dark fur his body was pockmarked by scars mostly from the desperate attempts of his prey to stay among the living. The bloodsucker sat back on his haunches and blinked a few times. It had been several days since Ares had last succeeded in bringing down a S.T.A.L.K.E.R and he was hungry. The corpse lay inside the cave, mostly picked clean already. Ares glanced at it and snarled, not happy with 4-day-old Rookie loner. Almost grudgingly he ripped a chunk off the S.T.A.L.K.E.R's remaining leg and sucked any fluids that were left in the limb out. Ares was a patient sucker, stalking his prey for hours before moving in for the kill. But even the most patient being needs to eat.

Crawling out of his cave he stood in the sunlight, sniffing the air for signs of prey. Smelling a far-off scent he quietly jogged towards the smell. Shortly he came to a military checkpoint manned by 3 soldiers. Although he was not overly intelligent for a bloodsucker, he had learned that check points meant corraled, S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs which meant food, just as long as he stayed out of sight. With the gnawing hunger nearly driving him into a frenzy, Ares quietly skulked away from the check point to take cover behind a mass of rocks. And then he waited.

Presently a few loners arrived at the checkpoint. The military let them through after the usual bribes and the three S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs walked on by. Ares sized up the group as they passed him, oblivious to the invisible predator lurking in the rock pile. The bloodsucker followed the group quietly, his hunger growing with each step. The group stopped walking after almost an hour and began to set up a small camp. Ares observed them intently, an invisible, deadly, and hungry shadow. One of the S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs got up from his place near the fire and picked up his rifle. Saying something to the other two walked off by himself away from the clearing. Ares followed.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R trudged 50 meters away from his comrades and began fumbling with his belt. He was half way through dropping his trousers when Ares let out a triumphant roar. The bloodsucker pounced, knocking the S.T.A.L.K.E.R to the dust and wrapped his tentacles around the man's throat. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R screamed and tried to heave the huge animal off but a quick slash from Ares' claws opened the man's throat like fire hydrant. The sucker drank deep and began to drag the body away. The other two S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs, upon investigating, found only their comrade's rifle and a pool of blood.

Ares dragged the body back to his lair where he finished sucking it dry. As the sun set over the Zone, Ares curled up and closed his eyes. Within minutes, he was asleep.

((Hope you guys liked it))

Moonwolf302

Great story really pulled me in

ISPYUDIE

Paintcheck

Thanks for the kind words guys

lolKieck

Epic win
vote +, add to favorite
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

deluxulous

cool story bro ( lol couldnt resist)

Ares dragged the body back to his lair where he finished sucking it dry.

Oh lawd.

Plunger

Quote from: PistolKid on 13-08-2009
cool story bro ( lol couldnt resist)

Ares dragged the body back to his lair where he finished sucking it dry.

Oh lawd.
It was going to happen eventually

Paintcheck

...Oh right I keep forgetting like 90% of this community is under 16.

I still lol'd though.

Locke

I like how you always write IC stories, +1 for Paintcheck.