Crash when joining the server

Started by Zombiedance, 24-05-2011

Zombiedance

Every time i join the server i always end up crashing from client.dll i believe it has something to do with the cache folder but im not so sure what. Anyone else getting this? Also it happens even with a clean gmod with only srp content.  :-\

mikeywrenn

My suggestion:

Delete "steam/steamapps/(name)/garrysmod/"
Re-install garrysmod, then join with ONLY the things required for the map (srp_occult_v1)

It's a bit heavy-handed and may take a while, but it's what I'd do.

(You may want to wait for a better answer first.)
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Jared47

Same thing happened for me. Frustrated me. All I did was clean out my cache folder, and lower my graphics a bit, and also got rid of a few addons, and I got in.

Otto

I can usually get in, but when I do it crashes every 20 minutes.  It's just a buggy map.

HitMan5523

I had the same problem and I just deleted my entire cache folder and then joined. After that everything was fine.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Zombiedance

I've reinstalled garrysmod 4 times trying different things to get in and so far nothing has worked. Ive wiped my cache and lua_temp folder so many times and nothing. I just cant seem to get in windows event viewer gives this. The only thing with that is its a very vague error.

Faulting application name: hl2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4dcc2d22
Faulting module name: client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ddba11c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002b66dd
Faulting process id: 0x1cad8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc1f20a3072602
Faulting application path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rattierevolution\garrysmod\hl2.exe
Faulting module path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rattierevolution\garrysmod\garrysmod\bin\client.dll
Report Id: 85946f44-8b14-11e0-a610-bcaec51a2365

Otto

It's at the point I can't get in anymore.  I've re-installed the game along with all the files, deleted my cache folder, everything.

HitMan5523

Yea it's happening to me too. It doesn't happen with any other servers I'm on so I'm thinking that it's the server. Don't hate on me it's just what I think.

Immortal One

Same just happened to me....
I think its because of map
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP:
Vladmir "Anomaly" Kuzmenko-Alive Freedom

Otto

I've tried it on two different computers now, applied all content packs and possible fixes and it still doesn't work.

tdlr; map is shit

jaik

Quote from: Otto on 01-06-2011
I've tried it on two different computers now, applied all content packs and possible fixes and it still doesn't work.

tdlr; map is shit
If you can't get something working, it doesn't mean that it's shit.
Also, Too Didn't Long Read?
What.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

HitMan5523

Jake, not to be that guy, but if he can't get on with two different computers then something has to be wrong.

Frankjames

i used to crash all the time as well, but i took out the so called hunk overflow fix out and i don't crash anymore.

HitMan5523

This is what it says when it says HL2.exe has stopped working on the screen "couldn't include file 'sh_auto.lua'(file not found)(@worldscript/gamemode/core/sh_core.lua(line 2437)

Immortal One

It lags only when theres up to 6 people on server, if less i join normaly
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP:

Silver Knight

Quote from: Frankjames on 02-06-2011
i used to crash all the time as well, but i took out the so called hunk overflow fix out and i don't crash anymore.

They enabled that by default awhile back.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Immortal One

Lets try it then.....
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP:

Zombiedance

I've gone through 4 re-installs of garrysmod, various fixes, and i still ctd with no error besides the normal gmod is unresponsive thing. Anyone have any luck at all?

Duranblackraven

Try loading a map in SP, like construct, disconnect, then join the server.

Zombiedance

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 22-06-2011
Try loading a map in SP, like construct, disconnect, then join the server.
That got me to "Please wait while source creates your player files"(or something along that line) then it crashed.

EDIT: I finally got an error it says "engine error - steam dll isn't worthy of our trust on line 765611979579584

Immortal One

Now works for me! ^^

Dude! Now its crashes again!!!
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP:

Zombiedance

D: Lucky I've tried everything under the sun.

EDIT: Then I read your edit 

Monk

Ugh... the load a map then join worked for just 20 minutes and I was in the middle of some RP, now becuse of this shit map im gonna be called on for RP avoiding which I never meant to do.
Dums dums