Christmas in July! I built a Gauss Cannon for STALKER.

Started by Spades_Neil, 18-07-2012

Spades_Neil

Good news and bad news!

Good news is Kelse taught me how to code SWEPs and I made this thing. It is complete with view and world models alike.

Bad news is it's currently a crotch cannon and I have NO IDEA how to fix it. XD I'm getting the same issue with all new SWEP world models I've tried to add so I don't know if it's a model problem (doubtful) or a problem with the SWEP base (since I'm having other issues that do not exist in the server, like all guns using pistol animations despite being told not to so I think Kelse mucked with something).

Still, it's progress.

Here's a little bit about the gun:
- It shoots at 2,000 velocity (I think it's in feet-per-second). However it fires at 25 rounds per minute.
- It has 500 damage, able to take down any player in one-hit and an antlion in 4 shots.
- It kicks like an angry bull. If you're moving with it, you'll be knocked upward. If you jump with it, you will do backflips. Best used if fired standing still. Consequently, this makes you a sitting duck at only 25 rounds per second...

I did my best to balance it, since this weapon is capable of killing a man in an exosuit. The extremely low firing rate is equal to that of the canon STALKER games, and the stats on movement basically force you to stand still, making you a damn easy target. Still I don't expect this weapon to be open to use without some heavy auth requirements.

EDIT: Oh dear lord, now I've found this thing in Fallout lore. I'll make a Fallout version later.

Rebel6609

Welp, Good bye Military Hinds and APC's.....

Nice work on it though.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 18-07-2012
Welp, Good bye Military Hinds and APC's.....

Nice work on it though.
Rarr is gonna get an orgasm over that, he will think he is safe from you Rebel XD

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Barlow

This should be accessible through the ecologists.

Gonztah

Quote from: Barlow on 18-07-2012

Wait what? Why would Ecos have ANY of them? I think only Monos should have em for now. And perhaps there could be an underground raid event where there'd be one I 'unno. But the Ecos are the last people to have one.

Barlow

Quote from: Gonztah on 18-07-2012
Quote from: Barlow on 18-07-2012

Wait what? Why would Ecos have ANY of them? I think only Monos should have em for now. And perhaps there could be an underground raid event where there'd be one I 'unno. But the Ecos are the last people to have one.

The Gauss gun (real name: Project 62 or Item 62) is a weapon created by researchers and weapon smiths within the Zone.

That was taken from the wiki and I would highly doubt anybody but the ecologists (Or Cardan) craft such a weapon harnessing gauss energy, if that is not the case then where would power source come from because it clearly states in the wiki that Cardan the original crafter 'could not find a power source compact enough to power it.' unless if you could roleplay the situtation of having the Ecologists work on a prototype for you if you happen to be given one.

ThY

If you want, we can do an event where Ecologists and Zone Guides work together to create the guass weapon. Just sayin'. Finding the materials and building, testing, etc.

Barlow

Quote from: ThY on 18-07-2012
If you want, we can do an event where Ecologists and Zone Guides work together to create the guass weapon. Just sayin'. Finding the materials and building, testing, etc.

Just want to be involved in something that's all <:')

Knife_cz

No.
Don't even add this on server.
It would never work
Would be powergamed as hell
Nothing can survive hit of that.

Gonztah

Quote from: knife_cz on 18-07-2012
No.
It would never work

Nobody has the chance to survive a direct SVD round either, plus the Gauss Rifle is slow, rare and nobody has any experience using it. And seeing as you never even play on the server anymore why do you care? Also the ammo on that thing would be difficult to obtain to say the least, you'd have to find it in events etc.

ThY

Quote from: knife_cz on 18-07-2012
No.
It would never work
Welcome back

Barlow

QuoteStill I don't expect this weapon to be open to use without some heavy auth requirements.

Vortigoat

Silver Knight

There's a reason the RPG and the Gauss Gun have never been added. Hell the RPG was added and removed because it's instant kill. I cannot say that i will ever add either weapon again because of how extreme these weapons are.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

SGT-Spartans

Yay! Now the monolith can REALLY shoot it at Freedom instead of eventing it!
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Barlow

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 18-07-2012
Yay! Now the monolith can REALLY shoot it at Freedom instead of eventing it!

Bit late I think Exile already has stated his thoughts.

Lucky Pig

Well he actually said

QuoteI cannot say that i will ever add either weapon again.

Which means it's unlikely that either will be added again, even though I'm not sure if it was the intended to be taken thus.

In any case there would probably be no market for a weapon like this, because the SVD fires faster and kills in a few hits and is probably very much cheaper compared to the Gauss rifle. Anything to do with the aforementioned weapon can be evented and RP'd as that is what SRP should be all about.

Syndraell

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 18-07-2012
Good news and bad news!

Good news is Kelse taught me how to code SWEPs and I made this thing. It is complete with view and world models alike.

Bad news is it's currently a crotch cannon and I have NO IDEA how to fix it. XD I'm getting the same issue with all new SWEP world models I've tried to add so I don't know if it's a model problem (doubtful) or a problem with the SWEP base (since I'm having other issues that do not exist in the server, like all guns using pistol animations despite being told not to so I think Kelse mucked with something).

Still, it's progress.

Here's a little bit about the gun:
- It shoots at 2,000 velocity (I think it's in feet-per-second). However it fires at 25 rounds per minute.
- It has 500 damage, able to take down any player in one-hit and an antlion in 4 shots.
- It kicks like an angry bull. If you're moving with it, you'll be knocked upward. If you jump with it, you will do backflips. Best used if fired standing still.

I did my best to balance it, since this weapon is capable of killing a man in an exosuit. The extremely low firing rate is equal to that of the canon STALKER games, and the stats on movement basically force you to stand still, making you a damn easy target. Still I don't expect this weapon to be open to use without some heavy auth requirements.

EDIT: Oh dear lord, now I've found this thing in Fallout lore. I'll make a Fallout version later.

Here, spades. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gauss_rifle

multiple versions of said rifle. I like the clarity of the rifle in Operation:Anchorage, but like the extended coil in New Vegas.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-07-2012
There's a reason the RPG and the Gauss Gun have never been added. Hell the RPG was added and removed because it's instant kill. I cannot say that i will ever add either weapon again because of how extreme these weapons are.

This is just the first version. I know a lot of people would like to see the Gauss rifle added to the game, but in order to do so, it'd have to be very well balanced. Balancing such a powerful weapon is going to be tricky.

Still I would love to see Monolith utilizing this weapon. Admins already improvise to use Gauss Rifles in some events. Hell, make it admin-spawnable only. This isn't to spamclusterfuck the server with overpowered gear. It'd be to improve folks' RP experience.

Given the chance I may do the same with the Fallout RP equivalent to this: The Anti-Materiel. Instead of making an actual item, just an admin-spawnable SWEP for events. Of course, SRP isn't my department. Do what you please there.

Rebel6609

It'd really only be used by monolith to be honest. We SHOULD have those heavy weapons added (RPG and Gauss), and ofcourse admin spawned. The other we'd have to worry about is if the faction took them out on an STK (which if they do they deserve it to be stolen) and if some admin spawns themself it, runs around the server killing everyone with it and says anyone can have it if they STK him. <--- But when has this ever happend? <_<   >_>

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Spades_Neil

Well, if not the Gauss cannon, I could throw together some other SWEPs.

I got this shiny M16A1 that I'm using as the Service Rifle for FORP, and it'd fit pretty nicely in SRP too. Incidentally, I find building SWEPs somewhat entertaining.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 18-07-2012
Well, if not the Gauss cannon, I could throw together some other SWEPs.

I got this shiny M16A1 that I'm using as the Service Rifle for FORP, and it'd fit pretty nicely in SRP too. Incidentally, I find building SWEPs somewhat entertaining.
I asked if the M16A1 could be introduced into SRP nothing really ever happened, but yeah the M16A1 would be cool to have.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

irondeity

Nice work Spades, well done. Im in the air here however. And I need to remain neutral for the simple fact that; I lead the Monolith. Though having the actual weapon for use once in a blue moon like I'd event now and then to spook players using the physgun beam as the 'projectile', could come in handy. if it made it in, it would be a shock and awe-esque weapon and seen on rare, special occasions. Most likely only during a major event that the Monolith is, or got involved in.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Steven :D

Quote from: irondeity on 31-07-2012
Nice work Spades, well done. Im in the air here however. And I need to remain neutral for the simple fact that; I lead the Monolith. Though having the actual weapon for use once in a blue moon like I'd event now and then to spook players using the physgun beam as the 'projectile', could come in handy. if it made it in, it would be a shock and awe-esque weapon and seen on rare, special occasions. Most likely only during a major event that the Monolith is, or got involved in.

http://www.youtube.com/v/7eI42tTT_Qo&autoplay=1

cptkickercutleg

Ecologists didn't invent the gauss rifle, Monolith did, but if you want to get technical, Monolith (under the influence of the c-consciousness) only created an efficient energy source: a Flash artifact based battery.
If you had one of these, it'd probably be found in an electrical anomaly, where the owner was going to get the said artifact.

This would mean 2 things:
You could be rich looking for artifacts
Or
You could break the artifact for -say- 5 batteries, and then you're poorer but more likely to survive.

Of course, this is tricky to implement, and would need to have code attached to it as an item.

Just playing with ideas here.