Brother Veriyn (Burnum Veriyn) - Diary Entries

Started by [INVICTUS], 11-03-2010

[INVICTUS]

**Brother Veriyn takes hold of an worn, unmarked book from his satchel and places it on his lap to read.

14-07-2011, Cordon of The Zone.

It's been a couple weeks now since I crossed that damn border, stupidiest thing I've ever done in my life come to think of it.. but I guess that doesn't matter either way, knowing I'm here to either make things work or probably die off in a ditch like that poor bastard I found two nights ago, at least I managed to pry the artifact out of his hand's before anybody else found him.

Just need to get rid of that artifact I found, thing keeps making me throwup everytime I wake up, no wonder that guy died like that, must have held onto it for hours and maybe even days without medication. I'm definitely going soon to get rid of this shit before I catch too many damn rads.

**End of entry**

8-08-2011, Barkeep

I hate this place already, fuck what I said a month ago, you either get out of here or you die here. None of the riches in the Zone would keep me from leaving here unless it was for that damned shit that stops everyone who's wandered too far and seen things he shouldn't have. I've seen nine people die already since they left coming from the Army Wharehouses back to the Cordon one way or another, no matter how damn experienced the person is, they always die before they reach the boundary.

I wish I never left my shitty city for this shitty little hellhole we call the Zone. I talked with Barkeep yesterday, and he told me the story about the Wishgranter in the center of the Zone, everytime someone makes a wish the Zone will expand several kilomters pushing the Military Cordon back, fucking up anybody who's too close to the center, and heavily affecting us stalkers, he said you could fry a damn egg if you threw if far enough into the emission's.

All I know is that once I head out with my buddies back into Rostok we're in for some serious resistance from Mercenary activity picking up around there, not the unfriendly just "Piss off and leave me alone." mercenary either, we got mercs in full gear and expensive kit on a mission last report from one of our scouts, maybe we can sneak through at mid-day when their not so active..

**End of entry**

**Brother Veriyn closes the book, setting it aside while he walks off to ponder the bits and pieces of his old life in a more quiet place.

First time making writing entries in a diary, so comment on the grammar and such where needed please.