Bloodsucker Health

Started by ThY, 27-02-2011

ThY

Since a recent number of PM's, SF and complaints. I have decided to make it a bit more public
Bloodsuckers do not die from a mag, or spray of an assult rifle.

This server is for roleplay (key-word there gents, note it down.). I am cutting down on bad roleplay toward, and done by mutants. Upon moderating five, seperate mutant roleplays secretly. I have made the discovery that they go like this.

Quote*Sucker jumps out at the stalker*
Stalker [looc] Woah, woah no. thats powergame. i must of heard you miles away IC
Sucker [looc] No. Just rp it
Stalker [looc] fine then, see how you like this
*The stalker holds his trigger down, turning just in time before the pounce*
Stalker [looc] thats a whole mag of the ak, your dead. respawn.

But I won't jump to the conclusion that we are perfect either. So I will remind you of;
http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/mutants/mutant-complaints/

Thanks for reading.  :) 

( I would of posted it in the mutant boards; but no one reads them. Iv'e tried.)

mikeywrenn

I think it was Ylsid that pointed this idea out first, but: Removing the over-head text for cloaked suckers, or just in general; removing the text from suckers.

Because if players have no idea, at all, about where the sucker is: We might see some fear!
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Ylsid

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 27-02-2011
I think it was Ylsid that pointed this idea out first, but: Removing the over-head text for cloaked suckers, or just in general; removing the text from suckers.

Because if players have no idea, at all, about where the sucker is: We might see some fear!

I agree with the quote and what ThK has said. If only we got the HP we needed back :)

It's also very annoying to have to retreat around a corner to have to talk so people don't metagame where you are...

mikeywrenn

(It's being a whore and not letting me edit my post)
EDIT: People seem to hate the concept of dying, even though they will lose no gear or anything like that. It's basically because they want promotion/respect/bragging rights.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Bielecki

When I was Bloodsucking alot about a month or two ago I had plenty of great RP, sure a few mishaps but overall people were being respectful. Sad to hear thats not so much the case anymore.

ThY

Quote from: Bielecki on 27-02-2011
When I was Bloodsucking alot about a month or two ago I had plenty of great RP, sure a few mishaps but overall people were being respectful. Sad to hear thats not so much the case anymore.

It is sad. But hopefully i'll get things even better than before soon.

mikeywrenn

Hint: I tend to allow more chance to escape if you're not being retarded. :P

lolKieck

Binds can be helpful.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Rebel6609

Yeah, I was roleplaying earlier today with 2 bloodsuckers. I was being attacked by 1 and another joined in. stabbed 1 twice in the head, didn't do much and I got him away, then shot the other bloodsucker 6 times in the face and managed to make him recoil back. The bloodsuckers ended up fighting each other over me, So it bought me time for my escape.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Steven :D

Remove text from ALL mutants in general.

And instead of showing their scoreboard afillitation (Bloodsucker, Controller, etc)
Just make it say "Mutants"

mikeywrenn

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 27-02-2011
Hint: I tend to allow more chance to escape if you're not being retarded. :P

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 27-02-2011
Yeah, I was roleplaying earlier today with 2 bloodsuckers. I was being attacked by 1 and another joined in. stabbed 1 twice in the head, didn't do much and I got him away, then shot the other bloodsucker 6 times in the face and managed to make him recoil back. The bloodsuckers ended up fighting each other over me, So it bought me time for my escape.

This event is proof of my statement :P

El Presidente

Hopefully this should clear up a lot of pointers for people, should probably share this around.