Bandit Standards?

Started by Seph491, 06-09-2009

Seph491

Remember those bandit checkpoints from Clear sky.If my memory servers me correct when they rob you they would leave you atleast a pistol to defend yourself instead of taking everything you own.Why don't any bandits have some sort of standard.I would make things a bit easier on loners and others so they don't feel so downhearted being robbed.Normally whenever you get robbed you have everything taken leaving you defenseless.Which means when you do find things and acquire money your still weak the next time a bandit hits you up.Sort of leaving you in a cycle of getting a small amount of stuff then losing it.Though I don't quite know the extent of organization of bandits and figure some are probably the type of person who would take everything.If you leave a stalker atleast some form of self defense they might go somewhere a little more dangerous or take on a better mission and get more supplies which in turn you could take instead of small robbings over frequent times leaving many situations where you rob someone and they end up with nothing.So just wondering why noone has atleast a standard like this?

Zombiehunta

It would make it safer, so you wouldn't just have random bandits walking around.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Snowblind

I agree on the fact that bandits should have some sort of standards on what they can or can't take from you, but further drawing on the Clear Sky example, there was a part in the main storyline's Flea Market where they took EVERYTHING from you, and you had the option to get it back. Bandits are bandits, and in the end, it'll be up to them on what they leave you with.

Zombiehunta

That's true. Bandits can wander or have territory.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Seph491

Yeah I forgot about that part of the game, thanks for reminding me.

Bagelz

For me, I expect the bandits standards to be like this. If they treat me with respect, I will treat them with respect. If they rob me, I'll have a group of six mercenaries rob him back.

So far, I haven't had any bandits rob me. Which is good...They seem to know what not to do :D

Zombiehunta

Very lucky, Bagelz.

Locke

It's because he's so fat, it would take 7 of them to hold him down.

Zombiehunta

Lol. Nice one, Locke.

Bagelz

clarky

yeah would be quite good but i doubt it most bandits are quite greedy

Turnkey

I would also encourage people to challenge the bandits abit by some resistance.

* Loner backs off slowly to the nearest exit.

Then the bandits would need to show some rp too, if they fail to rp with you, in most cases that would be to spray you with bullets without any /me cus they are to lazy to touch their keyboard.
If they do so you can report them to an Admin,

ISPYUDIE

Just do what I do and ICly put half your stuff into a save place.

deluxulous

Assholes dont have standards.

Zero

Quote from: Seph491 on 06-09-2009
Remember those bandit checkpoints from Clear sky.If my memory servers me correct when they rob you they would leave you atleast a pistol to defend yourself
Actually if my memory serves me right they only took your cash and left you with everything else. The other bandits were pricks and took everything.