Bandit Problem

Started by Zarrick, 30-08-2009

Zarrick

Alright, this Bandit problem today is getting stupid, from my point of view it looks like it started with three actual Bandits and other the day its amassed to about seven, I dont know how they are getting weapons as theres been no trader on today. But its getting annoying, especially since the following scenario is litterally every encounter i've been in today

Bandit Yells out "FREEZE"
Rostik puts his hands up, stepping back a bit "Wait what?!"
Bandit Aims the gun at Rostik "Hand me your money"
Rostik "I dont have any! The last bastard took it from me"
Bandit Then your life is worth nothing"
Bandit shoots Rostik

Ofcourse with the a-mass of spelling mistakes from one of the bandits that I encountered today.

Its getting annoying and repetitive for me, i'm not sure if anyone else is having fun, and in my opinon the only reason the Bandits are flourishing so well is the lack of Proper Factions, I've seen some Freedom with no flags, no duty and no millitary.

The other problem is theres been no Trader around to buy any kind of shooter from to even attempt to fight back at a Bandit that trys to steal your money.

Its also got to the point were you cant go anywere on the server without running into a Bandit. Usually I turn and run, and luckily, dont get shoot dead.

Its turning into DM, it wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt the same thing, over, and over.
====================================

Locke

I would suggest getting to know people with guns, and buy them whenever you can.
This is a little annoying, but it is also realistic. In the Zone if only a few people could be supplied with guns, and the ones who do have guns are bad people, this is what would happen.

It would be cool incidental roleplay if people ganged up against bandits.

Zarrick

Thats exactly what I mean, it wouldnt be so bad if there was an apparent weapons dealer around to do this, as I would mug bandits :P

And yes, its realistic, but there would also be Freedom and Duty patrolling, and the odd time you would be saved.

Adding to the Realistic fact, every stalker would have a gun, but if we did that it'd be HL2 DM, litterally

Locke

Before every stalker had a gun, and it wasnt DM because we had order.
If you were caught stealing Duty or Freedom would usually kick your ass or take you prisoner, something no one wants to deal with.

Another reason this doesnt turn into DM is because trying to rob someone or shoot someone who is with a group of armed friends is suicide, and the only way to win, bring your angry and armed friends would create a war. Wars in SRP arent DM as long as New life rules are observed, and no rule breaking happens (Spawn killing, Prop DM, Metagame etc.)

Just wait around, sooner or later guns will be flowing, like it or not. This means you will be able to fend yourself and maybe even cause an RP war.

Zarrick

I understand that, I wasnt implying we should all be given guns from heaven, if thats what you meant, but at the moment, there is absolutly no RP other than being Robbed other and other. Which, is becoming annoying.

I imagine a Bandit (An actual one with a flag) Can spawn weapons for Wannabe Bandits? As one or two of the bandits i've not seen on the Server before.

Its just becoming...hmm, annoying.

The other day in the Underground there were two bandits holding up about seven loners. It was funny when that Bloodsucker dragged that Sitting loner around the corner with the Phys gun xD

But, yes that is my problem, all I see Loners do (The majority, not all) is run around, being Bandit victims seems to be the only RP I can find at the moment. I love STALKER, but this isnt how I'd love to play.

The problem will be solved eventually, Factions will be here soon and then Loners will have somthing to do and Bandits wont become much of a problem

Locke

Bandits with actual flags cant spawn weapons for others, if you see an admin spawning weapons like that, report him instantly with screenshot proof.

Zarrick

Well, I have no idea how the wannabe bandits are getting weapons then. Some guy named Bravo OOC Name "Pvt British " or something had an AK47u

Many of the Loner-bandits have AKs, I cant really just say "U CHETED" on how they got there weapons, as they may've bought them.

:F There was a trader here the first day I got onto the server after Silver told me about it, the line was short, but the first couple of people must've taken more than 15 Minutes.

Eventually the trader ran off and said "He had buisness" and never returned.

Meh, i'll wait till Faction Leaders are sorted, then if I wasnt choosen, i'll Apply for Doody :P

Bagelz

The only thing I can honestly say is that there is no way to avoid this. For once, we actually have bandits doing what bandits do. I had some fantastic bandit RP yesterday, really great. But I've seen bandits robbing quite a few people.

What you need to do here, is make friends, make enemies. Find people you trust, band together, and ask the bandits to properly RP when they rob if they aren't.

Wiggles

I've got no idea where all these weapons are coming from but i'll agree, it is quite annoying getting held up every 15 minutes by the same people. Oh well, it should all sort itself out once more guns are flowing through the game. Makes bandits think twice about robbing loners.

Bagelz

Exactly. Personally, I find this new bandit thing very exciting. The curiosity of gets the better of us when we explore it seems!

Wiggles

Yup definitely, it's quite realistic. You can never be complacent as you could be mugged or murdered around every corner, just as it should it.

Locke

It seems all we need to balance this out is factions, hopefully the bandits will stay after those are resintated.

KillSlim

Sure it's canon to see bandits, but it's not canon to see a group of around 23 members wandering the zone, kidnapping Stalkers and forcing them to fight for the bandits at gunpoint.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Cobra

I assure you if I get Duty leader again I will push their asses into the radiation filled garbage :D. Anyways for now I think I may try to counter them on my own stalker. I also left a pretty little warning on /Ab yesterday to stop robbing people for the rest of the week or slow down at least or their shall be unforeseen consequences :V(Cobra gots evil shit up his sleeves)

QBiT

I got killed cause i oocly said i dont have anything :(
People are trying to make money with this

Zero

Quote from: QBiT on 31-08-2009
I got killed cause i oocly said i dont have anything :(
People are trying to make money with this
And you would think bandits wouldn't be welcome at trader shops, theres maybe one good thing and two bad reasons to make it stop for a few.
One, we the stalkers are broke from the server wipe, Anyone with the donator flags can spawn a weapon and give it to other players unknowingly to admins, This causes average players to get angry from lack of defence that weapons provide.
Two, This anger and the fear of being PKed can cause a riot against bandits oocly and cause the bandits to be both IC and ooc outcast making it bad for everyone.
The only good thing is "and I don't entirely agree with this" is the "Good RP"

Wazer Wifle

So what is being said here, is that bandits robbing you around the corner is realistic, sure, but its not fun, and after the 50th time its starting to make people angry.

Welshy

There needs to be a space between each robbery if you're RPing a bandit, before i've been robbed by same bunched 3 times within 20 min. You should atleast wait that long before evening going out to plan a mugging.

I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

KillSlim

Quote from: Ganendor on 31-08-2009
There needs to be a space between each robbery if you're RPing a bandit, before i've been robbed by same bunched 3 times within 20 min. You should atleast wait that long before evening going out to plan a mugging.
^This.
RP just stops when the Goonswarm arrives, it's fucking annoying. If we continue Rp'ing where we are, we'll get jumped, killed, or forced into serving the bandits.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Radek

I wont even bother playing untill the factions get Reinsated.. No point in playing Untill then.. This is just one of the problems the lack of Major factions couses.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Zero

I might as well straight out ignore Bandit RP and go on if they violate the 20 minute rule, though I would make it 2 hours.

Snurf

Hmm..

Note to self : get on your Master merc next time a goon swarm arises and kill them while they're unaware.

<3
Bird - Master Merc.

Sickness

Yeah this might be my groups fault, I will need to set the order to stop robbing people untill we got factions up and running.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

KillSlim

Gj Sickness, your group is deterring people from playing on the server.
Ah no worries I'm kidding :D ...
But still ...

Dutch

Blake was on his bandit, he tried to rob me and another guy.
Unfortunately, I had an AK74m and I shot him right before he shot.

I won. :>

(also, Blake has his "prepared to die you son of a bitch" and the /me of him shooting bound to the same button, clever girl)
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS