Backseat Admining

Started by deluxulous, 27-09-2009

deluxulous

Anyone else really sick of players who think that they're your butt buddy telling you to "ban dis guy" or do something else because they hate them? I've gotten a lot of orders from people, and I understand "Ban this guy, he's DMing everyone" and things that actually matter.

Welshy

I get it all the time and i even get "Someone banned me can you help?" all the time... Does my head in

I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

Akira

So true... Who doesn't know it.

Also, I first read something like ad-mining. So, mining ads. >_>

Locke

Kick people for backseat moderating.

Blake.H

Yeh. And i really really find it annoying when people go "LUL WHUY U BAN DAT GUY! HE GUD RPER HE NO DM" Or something simala.
Crimzon_Reaper comes to mind.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Akira

Imagine everyone could look at the admin room for one day because of an forum bug... You know how many e-drama would come up? :_:

Dark Angel

Quote from: Akira on 28-09-2009
Imagine everyone could look at the admin room for one day because of an forum bug... You know how many e-drama would come up? :_:

I've actually seen admin Room before getting an admin -.-'

Paintcheck

Quote from: longlostblake on 28-09-2009
Yeh. And i really really find it annoying when people go "LUL WHUY U BAN DAT GUY! HE GUD RPER HE NO DM" Or something simala.
Crimzon_Reaper comes to mind.

QFT on Crimzon. I love RPing with him usually but he's an extremely condescending and arrogant player.

deluxulous

Visit the DUTY board, shit your pants laughing at stupid flaming

Ravanger

I get this like 24/7. From everyone on my SF,usally there not true. But I had times where I caught people after getting a SF. Thats how I caught connor thanks to Assassinator. I think there just a usally part of being a admin is getting this kind of messages. Mainly there just people fighting and who hate each other like pistol said.

Cobra

Note people who are back seat admining want admin them selfs keep that in mind... Eh. They are just trying to show you that they know what they thinks right to do...

Ravanger

Well I think we may have all been like this in a way I mean I have told people to ban people while ago since them where obviously doing stuff. So I understand how allot of people may feel in the community. But most the time I don't think it is really back seating. Sometimes they kind of want to show there worth like you said and sometimes they just want to tell you some douche is fucking around killing people randomly. I think we can all relate to this in someway.

I mean I never really thought it was annoying; honestly I want to go deal with shit. But this is a usually part of being a admin in all places getting messages n such. Sometimes it may be serious or sometimes just some stupid thing. But I bet everyone at sometime in gameing was like this.

I mean there was times when I had no admin long time ago where I was like "OMG WHAT DO I DO GUY CRASHING SERVERZ" and I tried to do what I kind to get him banned and what not since he was mingeing n such. I mean sometimes they may not even be back seating at all. Some times people are just sending messages to everyone they kind like "HELP ME HELP ME DMER" I mean sometimes people may be trying to proof there worth like correcting and other shit,but lets be nicer to people I mean we were once newer players. We may have done the same things and not realized it.

So I think we can deal with it it may get annoy sometimes but actually it is not to much for me, I like to help people out how ever I can. I mean at times I am a major fail noob. I make mistakes and others do to. I think we were like these people all of us most likely depending on how you came here.

deluxulous

We're not talking about that.

We're talking about the people that tell you to ban others because they don't like them, or to spawn you guns, give them flags or give them suits, because "they're your friend." They'll "hate you if you don't."

Cobra

Back seat admining can take on many, many meanings Pistol.