An idea

Started by Zarrick, 31-08-2009

Zarrick

Ok. We have Experiened STALKERS for Donaters etc, so why not have Rookie STALKERS for people who dont want to/cant donate, My idea was this

Rookie STALKER idea
How to become a Rookie STALKER: Apply, two methods of applying, Get reccs or just make a good app
OR be on the server alot and demonstrate your good at role-playing

Rookie STALKER advantage: MP5 OR Beretta 92F/Fort12, or a MP5 and a Beretta 92F/Fort12
Other advantages: 50 Armour

I know this idea will probably be bombarded with "Its dumb" or "It'll cause DM" but its getting -very- annoying with no traders around, ever, loners cant buy weapons to get anything, it'd help to have atleast a weapon to defend yourself with, even if it is small and ineffective.

If people abuse this idea by DMing then get the priviledge removed? Its just an idea after all

EDIT: If Bandit-people complain that this'll ruin there RP, the other way to get around it is:

Bring moar bandits
====================================

Dutch

Just wait. After the factions get all sorted out, traders and more players will come.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

Zarrick

I know, I predicted you would say that so I counter your statement with my whateveritscalled:

I know that, but some people may not want to join a faction, some prefer being loners, like in the game, just STALKERS, some people want to just be neutrel to all and not an enemy. If you see what I mean.

Not -everyone- wants to pay alot of money to become an Experienced STALKER, infact this could help HGN, if somone is a Rookie STALKER for long enough, they may want to become Experienced. etc.

Paintcheck

Uh the Donator experienced STALKER doesn't get anything except a knife and a makarov so it doesn't make sense for a non donator to get a MP5.

And not everyone wants to pay, well too bad for them. They don't get to be Experienced STALKERs/Bloodsuckers/mercs/etc. The server needs to stay up somehow. If there were work arounds for every benefit that came from donations no one would donate and the server would go down.

I understand where you're coming from with the flags giving guns because the inventory system is so fucked but most admins will refund items if you have proof you had it (well longlostblake won't but most others will as long as you ask nicely and don't ask for something suspicious like 5 Fn2000s and an Exo)

Zarrick

Your joking O_O I thought an Experienced STALKER got something like an AK-47 and a pistol

Paintcheck

Nope. Vet STALKERS get a 74M and a makarov but Exp just get the makarov.

Zarrick

>.> Omg, just omg. I'd imagine a Exp would get an AK, armour, knife and a pistol, and a Vet would get an Lr moar armour a better pistol and a knife

Paintcheck

Well they both get 100% armor. And I had an LR300 on my Experienced S.T.A.L.K.E.R but I bought that, didn't spawn with it.

Zarrick

Aah, well, dont listen to this thread then :P

Locke

We already have this stuff covered, no worries.