Almost-instant crashes.

Started by Ari, 02-09-2009

Ari

Hey. I'm new to the server, and having recently downloaded the entire content pack, I'm very displeased when my garry's mod crashes less than 2 minutes into gameplay. I am getting a LUA error when I connect, I can fetch it for you if it helps, but I know for sure it is NOT my computer [hardware]. Please help me. I'm really looking forward to some epic RP.

Paintcheck

It's a common problem with some people. The spawn point is in the open so a lot of people have had crashing problems as the game renders everything at once. Silver is working on putting the spawn in a building so the game doesn't have that shock of needing to render 1905891305 billion things at once.

In the mean time try adjusting your settings and view distance to lower numbers. That might help.

Ari

Okay. Thanks for the advice.

Ari

Well, here are the errors.
The first one repeats about 30 times and appears on my screen. The other two are in my console. I don't know what redownloading all lightmaps does. I usually get a huge FPS loss right before I crash.
RadiationScript\gamemode\cl_hud.lua:275: attempt to call method 'Nick' (a nil value)
Redownloading all lightmaps
ShaderAPIDX8::CreateD3DTexture: E_OUTOFMEMORY
FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: fadein

SpAcY

You have a hack bro. Get rid of that shit, no clientside LUA please.

Paintcheck

RadiationScript\gamemode\cl_hud.lua:275: attempt to call method 'Nick' (a nil value)

That happens to everyone. It's because you haven't picked a character yet so the game doesn't know what to refer to you as. That's not why you crash.

FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: fadein
I get that error but it doesn't cause nay problems, just shows up in my console when I spawn so I don't think that's it.

I think the shader error is the source of your problems.

DeltaFart95

how about that timer error?  It keeps showing up on my screen

Silver Knight

Quote from: DeltaFart95 on 02-09-2009
how about that timer error?  It keeps showing up on my screen

Thats fixed now, it was the background music.

Ive reinstalled the server and it seems much more stable now, less random crashes, although, if you crash when you join, thats a design flaw in the map, where players spawn in a open space.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

OxTox

I had crashes like every fifteen minutes but a great Lesbian helped me out, so I removed and reinstalled whole garry's mod thinking, hmm perhaps I have to much addons seeing that my Garry's Mod folder was 8.64GigaByte's. (Damn nude alyx models..)

So it didn't really helped tough. (This was before Silver's marvelous and helpfull database cleanup yesterday.) So Lesbian told me, use Smartclose. Just google it and it's the top link this program shuts everything down except for the necessary programs, and you can add programs, I added: Steam.exe to the list so it wouldn't shut down, seeing that my computer was already running, and it helps alot, altough my computer can handle it easily this program do helps.. I went from Fifteen minutes to basicly 5 hours, just random crashes with an error other then, this program isn't running, want to shut it down!?

If you are going to use it but don't know how, feel free to send me a Forum PM, and i'll guide you trough it.

Dark Angel

Quote from: OxTox on 02-09-2009
I had crashes like every fifteen minutes but a great Lesbian helped me out, so I removed and reinstalled whole garry's mod thinking, hmm perhaps I have to much addons seeing that my Garry's Mod folder was 8.64GigaByte's. (Damn nude alyx models..)

So it didn't really helped tough. (This was before Silver's marvelous and helpfull database cleanup yesterday.) So Lesbian told me, use Smartclose. Just google it and it's the top link this program shuts everything down except for the necessary programs, and you can add programs, I added: Steam.exe to the list so it wouldn't shut down, seeing that my computer was already running, and it helps alot, altough my computer can handle it easily this program do helps.. I went from Fifteen minutes to basicly 5 hours, just random crashes with an error other then, this program isn't running, want to shut it down!?

If you are going to use it but don't know how, feel free to send me a Forum PM, and i'll guide you trough it.

The red text was really small made it bigger for you.

OxTox ..... you have lost respect in my eyes!

Locke

Haha, I didnt even realize that smaller text before, thanks Lez XD

Ari

Quote from: SpAcY on 02-09-2009
You have a hack bro. Get rid of that shit, no clientside LUA please.

It's probably my crosshair mod. I'm pretty sure that's lua. I don't have hacks unless I somehow downloaded them from a server.

Moordact

Reinstall your entire gmod , i did it today , helps allot . (my gmod used to be 18 gig) No lie.

Now it's 5 gig. and i backed up 3 gig's of maps :-/
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Ari

Bump.

Now, I can run it fine on singleplayer. I can switch sectors flawlessly! Nothing is wrong on singleplayer. I'm going to go try it on the server, God forbid it's magically fixed.

Ari

Now we have a new problem. First time connecting, I get a buffer overflow in net message error. Then, when I try to connect again, I get a crash followed by a window saying ENGINE ERROR: CAN'T LOAD LUMP 53, ALLOCATION OF 19061945 BYTES FAILED!!!.

fml.

Locke

I dont know much about the script or the engine, so I cant help you.

I'll ask silver to look @ this thread.

Ari

Thanks, I appreciate the help so far.

Moordact

I think it's your compueter , it's hardware doesn't meet the recruirements .or do as i said on page 1
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Ari

My computer very well handles the requirements, but who gives a flyin' fuck, I fixed it.

Thanks guys. Look for Yuri Rostik :3

Admin please lock/close thread