ALL ADMINS MUST READ

Started by Commissar Nitro, 30-07-2009

Commissar Nitro

Right ill post a question you answer it and nothing elles.

Use of global OOC has goten to the point where it is disrupting roleplay. What do you do?
Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

Dark Angel

Make OOC limit command availible for TA's too :S

I know it but can't use it.

So we can rise OOC Delay .

But first warn them.

Edit to Akira:

TA's can't >_<

Akira

I'll tell them first using /ab to reduce their OOC usage and increase the amount of roleplay. If it's not working I'll increase the OOC delay. (No idea if I can even do that...)

Commissar Nitro

Very good now on with the pop quiz from hell.

A group of players are standing around doing nothing but use local ooc to chat and or plan an RP action thus comiting a form of metagame.

What do you do?

Akira

I would tell them to roleplay instead of chatting. They can do that in SF without blocking slots for other players. Also I would tell them to meet IC and plan the action IC, which would be okay.

Dark Angel

Quote from: Akira on 30-07-2009
I would tell them to roleplay instead of chatting. They can do that in SF without blocking slots for other players. Also I would tell them to meet IC and plan the action IC, which would be okay.

Same....

Maybe i would also try to make them to RP :V I mean by popping out from a smoke cloud and jumping out of the cake .

Plunger

I'm going to answer both I guess.

1.) Tell them to use /ar to report a problem rather then cause fights or problem in OOC, and to role-play more then chat. (This isn't Microsoft Messenger)

2.) Tell them to role-play instead of planning one, and that it can ruin the surprises of an actual role-play. If they continue try bringing the other, if two, to another area of the map after explaining they can meet IC'ly and actually role-play.

Commissar Nitro

Good so far NOW.

Anouther admin is abusing their power. What do you do?

CortezV

Use of global OOC has goten to the point where it is disrupting roleplay. What do you do?
Raise the limit, and tell everyone to get back to roleplay.

A group of players are standing around doing nothing but use local ooc to chat and or plan an RP action thus comiting a form of metagame.

What do you do?

Tell them to take it IC, They obviously don't understand the concept of Metagaming, so remind them.

Another admin is abusing their power. What do you do?
Take screen shots and proof and speak to Nitro.

Thom's Law
"Nothing can not produce something. If there was ever a time when there was nothing, there would STILL be nothing."

Nines

Quote from: Commisar Nitro on 30-07-2009
Good so far NOW.

As an SV, confront them and tell them to STOP, and issue a serious warning, and tell them I WILL be watching them, whether on the the server or not.

What do you do?

Tell them to take it to IC, where they are in real danger of being discovered, and if they do not, I will force them to call it off.

Plunger

Good so far NOW.

Alert whichever admin is higher tiered then them.

Cobra

Right ill post a question you answer it and nothing elles.

Warn everyone once to stop using OOC and then raise the delay...

A group of players are standing around doing nothing but use local ooc to chat and or plan an RP action thus committing a form of metagame.

What do you do?

I will give them a general warning of what they are doing and remind them that metagaming is wrong.
Good so far NOW.

Another admin is abusing their power. What do you do?

Report them to an OSV or HA. They still have there responsibilities too.

Just a suggestion. Erm won't other admins will leech of each others answers so pretty much your better off forming a FULL quiz and pming it to them...

Dark Angel

Good so far NOW.

1. First tell him to stop.

If he won't do it.

Be an ass and do

2. Report him with screen or log to OSA or HA. Or just ask OSA or HA to join under other name to see?