Adv Dupes anally do the server

Started by Zarrick, 20-09-2009

Zarrick

====================================

KillSlim

Maybe if MASSIVE dupes are spawned right after the server just recovered from a crash.
Or if lots of people are spawning large bases at the same time.
Or if people just spawn uselessly massive bases.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Romka

There should be a 1 minute delay after every dupe :3

KillSlim

Quote from: Romka on 20-09-2009
There should be a 1 minute delay after every dupe :3
Impossible.
It would only work for individuals, not entire servers.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Zarrick

HOW ABOUT PROP LIMITZ EY?!

Yeah thats a good idea. No more mass building.

Locke

Mili checkpoint is the only required building, everywhere else already has full structure.

Not to say you can't add a few touches.

Akira

Well... Beetle City is covering the whole S1 sewers, but it's a damn place FOR EVERYONE to roleplay. Everytime I'm doing this damn AD telling the whole server that the town is OPEN and you can COME IN. It's made to cover so much people. >_> But everyone's like "nah i canz do mishunz f0r trador zo i haz moneh to bai wep0ns". SERIOUSLY.

Lucidius

I like the little settlement near the freedome area myself.

I'de much rather there be a neutral/starting ground for everyone to spawn in rather then spawning in front of duty, and having everyone linger around there, but again, time and effort required.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Dom

Be efficiant, use big props.

Zarrick

Unfortuantly, that is impossible as people only use the same props, over and over.

Also, there is a Doomfort-mega-prop whore trader outpost that is used for the bustop, thats probably the worst one I've ever seen.

Zeta

Advanced Dupe has always been an issue, not soo much for myself, when given an hour I can build probably the most unique and sophisticated base on the map(Otherwise referred to as a "Doom'tainer" by Mr.Tea), but when it comes the the picky parts, like sophisticated Winch Doors, breakable buildings, and considerable constructs, it'd be a hellova easier just to dupe the fucker.

Maybe put a limit/rule on WHAT can be Duped, and WHY. Even an application thread for Dupe Files and their purpose.

Quote from: Zero on 05-09-2009
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Dark Angel

Adv dupe crashes the server if , dupe has ragdolls in it.
That was the reason for yesterday crashes

KillSlim

Quote from: Dark Angel on 21-09-2009
Adv dupe crashes the server if , dupe has ragdolls in it.
That was the reason for yesterday crashes
Good job revealing it to the entire forum :(

Paintcheck

The average user can't spawn rag dolls so it's not a problem. Only admins can spawn them.