About joining/leaving Major Factions.

Started by Hotstarr, 02-02-2010

Hotstarr

Major factions aren't factions to take lighty. Hence the word "MAJOR".

If you're going to join a major faction, make sure you're going to stay with that faction for a while. Don't join and leave after three days. For everyone's sake, if you're going to say "lol this faction's boring" after a few hours, then you're likely to get the boot from any other faction you attempt to join.

If you want to know what a faction's like, try actually rping with them. I don't mean regular interaction with faction members, I mean actually supporting them. Work for the faction before joining the faction. This will allow you to decide if this faction is one you really want to join. There is less tolerance for people who pop up one day and say they wanna join a faction, or those who suddenly leave.

To those who are already in a faction and plan on leaving, don't make it so sudden. A faction won't work as well without you if you decide to lolleave, depending on your influence, activity, rank, etc. Make sure you can get someone to take your place, or at least help out your faction a bit before leaving.

Steel

This is a subject that needs highlighting.
People are having a tendancy to leave because the faction is "Inactive" and "Boring".
Well how about you put your end in and stay active on that faction.

Chaos

You can easily change an inactive faction to active in 2 weeks at the MOST.
A single individual could be very active, and the numbers will build up fast.
Have you noticed that when nobody is online in a faction, it stays that way?
If you stay on, another person will join you, as the numbers increase, the chance of another person even increases.

Joemoma

It's been going on that way with me and Military :D more people are joining! I even recruited a long-time steam friend

Dug

He is right there , I did lolleaving , oh duty is booring , bam leave, oh mili is booring bam new merc group, oh this is booring, bam freedom and that's what got my char pked.
So unless you want that happening, don't lolleave.

Tom

But what if you have strong IC reasons for wanting to leave?
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Dug

Even if you have a strong IC reason , shit can happen.

Hotstarr

To be honest, IC reasons for leaving are stupid, unless you've thought the whole thing through and have told everyone beforehand.

And to those who leave because of "this faction has minges" or "I hate this one officer OMG", you're even worse than the people you complain about. If I see any of you guys leave for any of those two shitty reasons, I will be on you like a hawk until the day you die.

If you complain about your faction having minges, try helping an officer set them straight. Even if you're a lower or the same rank as some mingy faction member, they're above you in rank only.

And when it comes to officers you hate, it's just part of the faction. Honestly, everyone has someone that they hate, but have to work for. If you DO get pissed at them, it's entirely your fault for letting yourself get pissed in the first place.

God, I really want to point fingers at the kind of assholes I'm talking about.

Supercool

Quote from: Hotstarr on 27-02-2010
To be honest, IC reasons for leaving are stupid, unless you've thought the whole thing through and have told everyone beforehand.

Have you ever actually held a job? You never walk around going "I THINK I WILL QUIT" for a week before quitting. If you roleplay a fairly emotional character instead of a "beep-boop I am stalker robot, no emotions. Must get money", there is a decent chance you will not get along with one (or a few people) in the faction (in character.)  Now, this is fairly different from people who just join a faction with a character that is themselves and then leave "because of IC reasons."
      An example of this might be Freedom, who has lost three or four people because of a change of leadership and rules in order to protect its members. With Freedom being a bunch of goofballs and stoners, not all of them accepted the new (and slightly harsher) rules. An example of someone who is just being stupid might be some dick who joins a faction, collects a little bit of money, get a SKAT and leaves. WTF?

Celtic

Quote from: Supercool on 27-02-2010
An example of someone who is just being stupid might be some dick who joins a faction, collects a little bit of money, get a SKAT and leaves. WTF?
* Celtic bangs his head against the wall.

Royz

Quote from: Celtic on 27-02-2010
Quote from: Supercool on 27-02-2010
An example of someone who is just being stupid might be some dick who joins a faction, collects a little bit of money, get a SKAT and leaves. WTF?
* Celtic bangs his head against the wall.
Hm.. where have I seen this before? I think it was a Loner SKAT  ::)

Zero

I think that people who leave instantly should, be banned from all factions until they show noticeable improvement or until a 3 week period ends, its stupid how people just loljoin then quit the next day.

pirAa

Im new to SRP and i would like to join Duty. How this is done? If i need to write app, could someone link correct page for me. Thanks for answers.

Steel

Quote from: Zero on 03-03-2010
I think that people who leave instantly should, be banned from all factions until they show noticeable improvement or until a 3 week period ends, its stupid how people just loljoin then quit the next day.

Well i suggested this a while ago, that people should have this happen or either be permantly "Black listed".

And PirAa, http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/duty/
All the info you need.

Smirnoff

Sorry for bumping but i think that what Jackal said is a good idea.

I still remember when i was in military, after a long time of inactivity we finally got a few members, i was actually quite happy about it, until all three left a day or two after. Seriously, that annoyed the shit out of me.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Hotstarr

I doubt there's any problem with bumping this thread.

Anyways, to those who make an app that gets denied:You can reapply later. Also, don't go make an app for another maor faction just because an app you made for another got denied. It doesn't make you look good.

Afromana

Quote from: Smirnoff on 19-03-2010

I still remember when i was in military, after a long time of inactivity we finally got a few members, i was actually quite happy about it, until all three left a day or two after. Seriously, that annoyed the shit out of me.
And then you left yourself and annoyed the shit out of all of us.

Welek

Quote from: Afromana on 20-03-2010

ZING

Smirnoff

I dident leave the faction, i left entire SRP, so technically i never left it.

Duuh, where have i heard those words...
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Steel

Smirnoff left srp for a break, and has recently returned, he put alot of effort into being in military, more than some people, I don't recall anyone being pissed at him.

Afromana

Quote from: The Jackal on 20-03-2010
Smirnoff left srp for a break, and has recently returned, he put alot of effort into being in military, more than some people, I don't recall anyone being pissed at him.
I remember someone leaving Mili to join Duty....
Wait a minute.... *Looks towards Jackal*

Steel

Quote from: The Jackal on 20-03-2010
I remember someone leaving Mili to join Duty....
Wait a minute.... *Looks towards Jackal*

Lol its not as if i have been in EVERY single faction, and stayed in each for 5 minutes, ive done my time in the two that i have been in. Not to mention gaining high ranks in both.

Assassinator

LOL SmirnOff and Jackal left Military for DUTY... I think we have a problem here....

Steel

Its amazing assassinator...
Ive also managed to over throw men against ya... great isnt it?