A request

Started by Ravanger, 04-01-2011

Ravanger

It has come to my attention that monolith has been dead for sometime in the server. Me and Duran have been trying to bring Monolith back of course as well I know many HGNers are interested in seeing it come back. We both have been in Monolith for some time and I have had position of leader myself for some time. Duran has looked into the Cannon of Monolith deeply as well so if this is brought back it will be the master piece that Monolith should of been. It is my request that Exile bring back monolith or give a reason why Monolith should not be brought back. As well I want to see peoples support in bringing it back. It is a waste of a faction if we not let it prosper back into a fully fledged faction. This will open up a new role-play for people to experience and see from a very long time of absence. So please find it in your heart to let this faction come alive, Duran and I beg of you all and Exile.

Duran will post the other half.

Duranblackraven

I'll take my time to answer a few questions some of you may have, but please know this is a discussion about bringing Monolith back as a real faction again, not a Q & A board.

The leadership will be made of Rav and me, obviously. I'm more of the knowledge behind everything, and uphold strict canon set for the group in the Stalker universe. Rav on the other hand showed exceptional leadership during his time leader the Monolith, and I'd like to keep him as the main benefaction in all this.

The Monolith WILL be revived sticking to strict canon. There won't be any ex-monolith, touchy feely monolith, or anything of the sort. Monolith are religious fanatics that HATE the stalkers, that it will be that way.

Monolith will not be the STK group that it use to be, and turned into my first few days in the faction. They will abide by the Rules of Engagement for the server, or they will be punished with possible removal. Fucking off will not be tolerated inside the group.

Not everyone and their mother will be allowed in. It takes a specific type of person to be able to play a good Monolith fanatic, and we understand this. However some people need to understand this as well. Monolith is not like being in Duty, or Freedom, or even the Military. They care nothing for the stalkers besides wanting those dead to protect the Great Crystal, and will sacrifice themselves at a moment's notice if commanded to.

In my part of the leadership I will be upholding as strict to canon as I can within the server and group. This will mean no ninja-mono sneaking into bases, no Mono-bandits, and etc. The group will be very limited, as we have no need or want to take over half the server population like Duty and Military has at times. We're there to promote RP within the server, create an atmosphere of fear, and make the Zone more inhospitable then what the limited mutants are capable of. During the first day in a small squad of around three Monolith we were capable of spreading the word that the Monolith were coming back without killing a single person, in my opinion that's as good as it gets. Fear without having to murder someone is fear in its raw and seems to be lacking within the server at this time.

So I ask for the support, maybe if we make enough noise LE will decide to take notice and allow us to do this, or he may continue to say no for no real reason at all. This is not coming back to be the swarm it use to be, this is coming back to bring a critical part of SRP back into the world that we loved playing in.

Turkey

And I proudly support reviving this group.  :'(

Ace of Hearts

+Support

I think I speak for both us when I say, Predu & I fucked up, we shouldn't have closed it (Monolith) down in the first place.

Aresty

+Support

I have trust in Duran and Ravanger, and Monolith really scared the crap out of me when I was in Red forest or near their compound.

Steven :D

+ Support
I loved being apart of the Monolith back when I was just a Initiate, sad to see it was shut down a month or so later, maybe this time it will be back for good with more active members.

Dug

Bring it back!

Dragon

I support this,
The monolith needs reviving, I think Duran and Rav will be excellent leaders for it.
The monolith is what the server has been missing for a while, it never felt the same without them.

Bring 'em back.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Picto Wolf

+support

It was a good way to add fear rp when they did not always stk and added some good rp.
To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation to those who refuse them.

Tom

I remeber every encounter with monolith, I was always happy, even as a new guy on the server, even if I was kidnapped (The only time I wasn't happy was when Chrono Accidentally PK'd my British guy by killing him and taking all of his AK74u RIGHT after I bought it and shit and I had no money >.>) Hell, whenever Freedom attacked or Monolith attacked freedom it always resulted in interesting RP. If Exile would allow it I would say bring the faction back.

+Support
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Plunger

Aslong as people, who actually know STALKER canon lead it, no more of the bullshit below.

1.) Thinking the guass gun is a laser beam.
2.) Thinking all monolith want to become suckers.
3.) Scavenging for food, more then actually doing anything.
4.) Befriending stalkers.
5.) Ex-Mono (And don't list Strider, because he only broke free after SoC, which isn't over in our RP time.)
6.) Torturing all stalkers who come in your base in an attempt to be, "Badass".

Which by the way, have all been done by previous leaders.

If all that is followed it's a +support, but I doubt Silver will bring it back.

jaik

Quote from: Alucard on 04-01-2011
5.) Ex-Mono (And don't list Strider, because he only broke free after SoC, which isn't over in our RP time.)

It's 2016.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Plunger

Quote from: Jake on 04-01-2011

It's 2016.
It's supposed to be between CS and SoC, according to SilverKnight, where did you see the 2016.

jaik

It's 2016.
It's supposed to be between CS and SoC, according to SilverKnight, where did you see the 2016.

The script says so.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Plunger

It's 2016.

The script says so.
Thought, that's called one of two things.

1.) Silver being lazy, and not researching.
2.) Silver not changing the default nexus date.

Celtic

Some of my favorite RP memories have occurred when the Monolith were involved, but on the other hand some of my most painfully unpleasant RP memories have also occurred with Mono involved.  I'm all for the faction coming back and Duran seems to be on top of things, but even with good leaders involved Mono was sometimes just terrible.  So I think Mono should maybe go through a bit of a trial period, kinda like they are now, before they come back full force.  If they turn out to be a good addition to SRP they'll stay, if they become a constant dm party, well then they should be removed.

Regardless of my ideas on how they should come back, I think I'll risk it and give them a +support

deluxulous

Apps would have to be very strict, in my opinion. And I mean very.  Most of the problems I've seen with Mono had nothing to do with the leaders, and more with the base players.

I haven't really had any quarrel or issues with mono, so I give +Support.

irondeity

No support. Reason: They beat my ass up.

In other news.

+Support : Monolith was and is a key faction to the STALKER universe and the gap left in the wake of their removal as a major faction is rather... gap-ish. I believe taking the lid off their casket would pave way to a return of a good form of fun and RP that has been missing since their burial.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Khorn

What I want to know is; How will Monolith play out if it's brought back?

Would it be like how it was described in the actual game?
Or like it was during SRP?

Quote from: How I remember from the actual game(This is only what I recall from the game, could be off by a bit)
As I remember from the game's lore, it used to be a faction that became dedicated to the zone to a point where they became obsessed with it. They eventually created a religion around it and one day just all got up and marched straight in.

After that march, they disappeared for awhile until they were heard of again, defending the center from outsiders.

Supposedly, they were once a normal faction gone crazy over a fantasy, which in turn made them get 'brainwashed' by the C-Con as 'Guardians' of the NPP and anything else deemed necessary.

They kill anything that isn't Monolith. They believe they protect the Wish Granter and all, but really are just protecting the C-Con and it's important things(whatever they are)

What SRP did was, have the Monolith become friends with the mutants. Gain some weird powers, telepathic stuff, hallucinations.

Monolith should stick the story of being a brainwashed group that believes they are here to do nothing but protect the center of the Zone from all people with everything they got. No powers, no mutant love, no magic. Straight up faction made to kill all things with every limb they got.

Ravanger

Just saying you shouldnt listen to all your rumors you hear and actually get on the god dam server for once. Since idk about the bird feathers infact all I been doing is makeing anomlic fields and doing a few small mono events on Gabriel so idk what you been hearing. As well that is what we stated, as well get on the server. Also make sure you took a read at all the past post mkay. Perhaps it would be wise also if you would actually contact me before you post these allegations about me. Again Khorn you are rarely on the server anymore or when I am on you are never on so yeah.

I hate the fact that people make this rumors, but oh well. Mostly all the Monolith events I did with my char have been cannonly revelant even most the stuff Duran did have some cannon back to it.

Also if someone has a problem with me or is gonna say something about me take it to me via pm or sf, if you like to spread things like this.

Duranblackraven

Here's something to do before you post, "Oh Monolith better be like this.": READ OUR POSTS. Stop being too damn ADD to actually read every line before posting bullcrap. I love how all this shit has suddenly surfaced after this post was made, but nothing was heard before hand. How about we stop making rumors and find out the facts first. If you've nothing to add to this thread, then do everyone a favor and don't even post.

Chrono

i really want monolith to come back, they are a main part of srp and they can promote fear rp on the whole server..and we really need that nowadays.

Legit|Brandon

They Need to come back there a main Faction in SRP
For Freedom

Khorn

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 04-01-2011
Here's something to do before you post, "Oh Monolith better be like this.": READ OUR POSTS. Stop being too damn ADD to actually read every line before posting bullcrap. I love how all this shit has suddenly surfaced after this post was made, but nothing was heard before hand. How about we stop making rumors and find out the facts first. If you've nothing to add to this thread, then do everyone a favor and don't even post.

I haven't posted anything bullshit. I have brought up issues with Predu before. Just nothing was ever done, cause no one cared.

I'm not saying Monolith is a bad idea, just those leading it stray away from being canon.

Predu

+Support. The Monolith faction is an important part of the SRPs fearful atmosphere. Right now stalkers just wander around the zone with no weapons and alone. This is exactly because that Monolith isn't around and for a few other things. Like bandits getting meta killed, raided and that is why nobody wants to be one. Also the faction wars could get a slight boost by Monoliths presence, right now it is just Duty&Military VS Freedom. And well I'll start being pathetic and say this: I did bend the canon slightly so the faction would be playable.

I wish you all the luck on making the faction enjoyable when it is very strict in canon. And all the luck in making this faction and leading it. Yeah, I miss Monolith.