A request

Started by Ravanger, 04-01-2011

Turkey

Quote from: Chrono on 30-01-2011
Bring back monolith ! everyone wants them back god damnit.

Yea. 40+ support for it dude.

N3gativezero

The argument "Factions are unstable" makes no real sence anymore. Freedom is on the road to recovery, and Duty and the military are flourishing. Plus, bringing them back will add someone else for the military to beat up on asside from Loners and Freedom.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Bucky

The Monolith brings a certain challenge to factions, they keep them on edge, always ready for an attack, thats what SRP needs to feel like ALL the time, being in a faction now consists of looking out for troublesome stalkers and the occasional stray mutant, bringing the Monolith back will complete SRP.

Duranblackraven

Firelake - Dirge for Planet (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OST)

Miraculous crystal
Given by stars
I can foresee the future
In fabulous glass
Lie spilt on the caves
Mock scribbled on us
Earth's doom day is close

Dancing on the ashes of the world
I behold the stars
Heavy gale is blowing to my face
Rising up the dust
Barren lands are desperate to blossom
Dark stars strive to shine
I still remember the blue ocean
In this dying world

The seas overdumped
The rivers are dead
All planet's cities turned a deserted land
Annihilation declares its day
Life slowly
Utters me "remain"

Dirge for the planet
Dirge for the Earth

Dirge for the planet
Dirge for the Earth

Dancing on the ashes of the world
I behold the stars
Heavy gale is blowing to my face
Rising up the dust
Barren lands are desperate to blossom
Dark stars strive to shine
still remember the blue ocean
In this dying world

Dug

I'm officially bored on SRP. I began flying trough out the map, because there's nothing to do.
My point? Need more mono. Why do we need mono? Because Rav makes things fun with his super big imagination.

Turkey

Quote from: Dug on 03-02-2011
I'm officially bored on SRP. I began flying trough out the map, because there's nothing to do.
My point? Need more mono. Why do we need mono? Because Rav makes things fun with his super big imagination.

Monolith is probably going to just run around slaughtering stalker's. Sadly.

Duranblackraven

Turkey, don't flame bait with your accusations. Keep things like that to yourself and do not post them again.

OBrian

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 04-02-2011
Turkey, don't flame bait with your accusations. Keep things like that to yourself and do not post them again.
How is that flame bait? Thats his opinion in the matter.

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

lolKieck

Quote from: Turkey on 04-02-2011
Quote from: Dug on 03-02-2011

Monolith is probably going to just run around slaughtering stalkers. Sadly.
Quote from: OBrian on 04-02-2011
Quote from: Duranblackraven on 04-02-2011
How is that flame bait? Thats his opinion in the matter.
More of using what Monolith did against them. And saying that Monolith NEVER did passive RP.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Khorn

There was that one time I tortured a captured stalker.
Or those times I prayed to a self made monolith statue.

Basically torture RP(Was allowed) or Pray RP. When a leader wasn't on.

Ravanger

I am not Predu or Bielecki or even Zero if you are wondering folks.

Chrono

When will exile let us have monolith again ! its getting really boring on the server.

Bucky

I think he's busy with some IRL stuff, in a few weeks (More delays) we should get an answer hopefully.

Duranblackraven

It's going to be no because the factions arn't stable, even though they are. Just watch.

Cutch

To be honest, incorporating Mono in the first place was NEVER a good idea. Eventually, even with Rovonger(Dunno why he is even better than Predu or Bielecki), Monolith turns into a shit storm. I will give a couple of examples.

Does anyone recall the railgun they made that fired fucking lasers made of magic back in the beginning of 2010(Under Rov's Administration)? Or any of the other occasions in which Monolith used magic that doesn't fucking exist? Or when Monolith would wander around outside of their base and rob and kidnap stalkers right outside of DUTY base.

A lot of you, especially admins, say "Well if I see somebody do that, I will ban them!" But the truth is is that either that person isn't seen by an admin, they are friends with said admin, or the problem is just overlooked. The sad truth is that HGN's playerbase will never be able to handle Monolith.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Dug

Then you let someone else lead it. I sure as hell ain't giving up on roleplay that easily which monolith can contribute.

Cutch

I don't think you are getting the point, Monolith is impossible to not be corrupted. Giving pretty much any of half our playerbase a Monolith character is like giving an assault rifle to a child.

-Blake/Last Exile

Dug

I am sorry but I strongly disagree with you.
Monolith needs to be put back otherwise it's a waste of content and possible roleplay.
I want the monolith back just as 55 other HGN members in my vote do.

Bielecki

I think you're over-reacting Cutch. When myself and Predu ran the fraction we did a good job to minimise any drama. (Not sure if you were playing at the time of our leadership.)

I mean sure, we had some issues like firing too far out of our base but we tried to acknowledge these issues and stop them.  And I don't know about everyone else but after that it all went pretty smoothly.

And our Monolith player base? Sure we went off to a bumpy start but we all learned, and by the end we were being very conservative about our moves.

As long as the new leaders do the same as we did, Monolith will be a nice addition. Because have you wondered why so many people are voting for it back?

Cutch

Because they do not know any better.

Alright, I will support Monolith being reinstated, and I will also support when people want it taken back down in another month or two.

-Blake/Last Exile

Ravanger

I am not saying I am the most perfect, I did make mistakes thats main reason why I wanted to incorporate Duran considering he knows decent amount of Cannon. We arent all going to make the perfect image but we can try. I did not mean that state about Predu and Bielecki and such a insult I ment it as a difference considering I will lead differntly. Cutch does have somewhat of a decent point as Monolith is a very hard faction to lead and control. Considering the cannon limits and other various things. I made mistakes so did other leaders but what leader on HGN hasent made a mistake.... Also I have heard about that magic stuff I never used that during my lead as well mainly how that stuff gets started is over exhageration by other factions or rookies.Even though there was a few people that did have magic going around or something crazy.

I have learned many things from leading as well as playing shortly under Predu's lead.

I see without monolith to me there is a real void in the atmosphere as well as to others.

Also Cutch people will obviously complain and you havent even seen how it will be lead yet, I think it will take time to develop but yes people will complain about monolith attacking them and such but we will tell our part.

I dont think people should be just looking for a reason to complain about them or try to remove them though, that is just silly. I think we should just try and find our way to roleplay amongst one another.

Give monolith another chance...

The reason is was taken down in the first place was the fact that all the leaders left and people left.

Khorn

I didn't leave Monolith. It was forced upon me.

But yea, any group can be power gamed. We just need to be strict on the way the group works.

Ravanger

Anyways Cutch its nice to see you supporting even if it may be negative there is a lot of things that can go wrong but I think its wrong if we dont have monolith a active faciton.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Astarathia on 30-01-2011

This. This shall keep peeps looking into this thread. BRING DAMN MONO BACK, NO THREAD IN THE ZONE LEFT (since suckerz are inactive) Go! I also loved the Monolith + Sucker RP  :tick:

Im actually tempted by the creativity of using Anime as a method of "bumping" But monolith cannot come back until all factions are stable and to the extent where everything is functioning as it should be.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tom

Duty + Mili's appas are closed and Freedom has close to 20 maybe even more. How "More stable" do you want them to be?
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22