A new command.

Started by Wazer Wifle, 30-08-2009

Wazer Wifle

We REALLY need a /roll command, that would roll virtual dice randomly 1-100. We need this for RP fights. Now. RP fights are usually ultra lame and horrible and boring unless we get this. Similar to what ParadoxScript has.

Seriously.

Locke

Its not dungeons and dragons mate, just roleplay your actions reasonably and according to your character.

Plunger

Quote from: Wazer Wifle on 30-08-2009
We REALLY need a /roll command, that would roll virtual dice randomly 1-100. We need this for RP fights. Now. RP fights are usually ultra lame and horrible and boring unless we get this. Similar to what ParadoxScript has.

Seriously.
This isn't Paradox.

OjManchow

So, your saying that having stm / stk without dice is boring
And that WITH dice, it will be more interesting?

Wazer Wifle

Quote from: OjManchow on 30-08-2009
So, your saying that having stm / stk without dice is boring
And that WITH dice, it will be more interesting?

I'm saying that RP /me fights would suck less.

OjManchow

SpAcY

This is not paradox, stop relating stalker rp to that, if you need lines of code to decide what your supposed to do, then you need to learn how to roleplay.

Dark Angel

Can't RP with /me's go to hell!

I'll tie you to one of the rocks!

Dutch

**Dwayne Stewart punches you.
Stalker | Player [LOOC]: Dude nice powergaming.
Dwayne Stewart | Dutch [LOOC]: but I rolled a 78
Stalker | Player [LOOC]: Nice roll, dungeon master.

That's basically how it'd play out.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

Zarrick

I have to admit it -would- be fairer in RP combat, it'd stop those Dodge-everything-Jerry people, but I dont think it'd fit in for some reason
====================================

====================================

Locke

The idea itself IS cool, I shall admit that.

However, I like to be able to have more freedom in my roleplay.

QBiT

It would help, if you think about it

Assassinator

This is what saddens me. People cannot roleplay so it turns into more of a game such as WoW, DnD, RPG's like Fallout 3 and what not.

Radek

Hey!!! I understand that you dont like the idea... BUT DONT HATE FALLOUT 3 FOR THAT!
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Wiggles

* Wiggles is fine. If people can roleplay well, it all works out, you don't need the added aspect of randomness.

Doublethink

Quote from: Locke on 30-08-2009

In other words, you like to kick other peoples asses, without the threat of them kicking yours.

Plunger

Quote from: Doublethink on 11-09-2009
Quote from: Locke on 30-08-2009

No, If we restrict role-play based on a dice system then a heavily armored exo can lose to a loner easily.
In other words, you like to kick other peoples asses, without the threat of them kicking yours.