A beginners thoughts on the server.

Started by UnnamedRevenge, 03-09-2009

UnnamedRevenge

Hello, my name is Glen Ashton on your STALKER server.

Now, firstly let me compliment the modellers and the mapper on the excellent work they did in re-creating the STALKER atmosphere and scenery. Full marks.

While at first I thought this server had become entrenched and elitist a l? TnB or others, I quickly saw that while it was tough being a beginner, it's not impossible to be accepted.

But, when I ask OOC questions about the roleplay, some people just scoff or laugh at me, which wasn't pleasant. I want to thank HGN Nails here for helping me through that difficult time.

Finding something to do was also a bit difficult, but I wish to thank the Trader OxTox here for giving me out good jobs, which helped me ease into the server better.

The  thing that annoyed me though was the constant attacks and muggings one received when playing, are there no guards or military?

While the military did seem like an entrenched, elitist sort of faction, Freedom and Duty were more welcoming to newcomers, for which I also thank them.

So, I will be playing on your server again, thanks to the people that helped me, but others...not so great.

Silver Knight

Quote from: UnnamedTheRevenge on 03-09-2009
Hello, my name is Glen Ashton on your STALKER server.

Now, firstly let me compliment the modellers and the mapper on the excellent work they did in re-creating the STALKER atmosphere and scenery. Full marks.

While at first I thought this server had become entrenched and elitist a l? TnB or others, I quickly saw that while it was tough being a beginner, it's not impossible to be accepted.

But, when I ask OOC questions about the roleplay, some people just scoff or laugh at me, which wasn't pleasant. I want to thank HGN Nails here for helping me through that difficult time.

Finding something to do was also a bit difficult, but I wish to thank the Trader OxTox here for giving me out good jobs, which helped me ease into the server better.

The  thing that annoyed me though was the constant attacks and muggings one received when playing, are there no guards or military?

While the military did seem like an entrenched, elitist sort of faction, Freedom and Duty were more welcoming to newcomers, for which I also thank them.

So, I will be playing on your server again, thanks to the people that helped me, but others...not so great.

Thanks for your comment Unnamed, like i said when you died in a Anom, STALKER RP isn't for everyone, im glad your finding the server to be great entertainment, we try our best to provide that great atmopsphere.

11 Months of Stalker RP, and counting.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

RAPTOR

Once again Nails Saves the day :)
I chill quite often.

OxTox

Hey no problem man, I want to help the Rookie's out both the players behind the characters, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me in-game using the /pm System and you can also use the /ar (text) command to make an Administrator Request if you have any trouble.

Radek

The Military welcomes Newcomers.. It's just that we dont do it in game you have to apply on the forums IN game.. we are mean basterds.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

UnnamedRevenge

Ah I see, it's alright :P

Thanks for all the help chums :D

Turnkey

Yea, about the muggings.
If you ever experience a bad RP from the muggers who actually just want your stuff over the rp, and completely forgets to use /me's or other important factors in roleplaying simply tell them to fuck off in LOOC because of bad RP.

Zero

Hey. welcome and all that just a quick guide "If you don't have a weapon, or if you do but it sucks or you don't know how to use it, stick with other stalkers with weapons and know how to use them" thats the best defence.

Romka

Quote from: Zero on 03-09-2009
Hey. welcome and all that just a quick guide "If you don't have a weapon, or if you do but it sucks or you don't know how to use it, stick with other stalkers with weapons and know how to use them" thats the best defence.
Meatshield FTW

Locke

Exactly, when they get robbed just run :3

Thanks for your views, at least we're doing something right!

OxTox

UnnamedTheRevenge, you should definately travel in packs of fellow Stalkers and if noone wants to come along attempt to hire a stalker/freedom'er/mercenary. [ PS: Freedom'ers take drugs as payment. ;) ]

I on my Veteran Stalker Boris 'Bear' Tolstov always take Rookie's into my travelling group, perhaps we could roleplay later on, you can respond to my PDA-Messages that I send frequently.

Crimzon_Reaper

Oh. Over-use of bandits was a minor problem, it's easing up a little.

And, glad you're having fun, Unnamed. Hope to see you In-Game soon. <3

Phantom

Yeah now that the factions are settling, the bandits have been calming down.

Locke

Yeah, before mili was established I was going around hunting bandits and setting traps xD

lolKieck

damn Locke, you made Bandit Safari or what ?
sorry for telling this but... lol
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Locke

It was like easy pickings :P

UnnamedRevenge

Ah yes, I'm afraid it wasn't so good yesterday :( The old weapons bug wiped my Spas12 that I worked ages for, and the admins told me I needed screens of them, but when I was leaving I didn't know they were going to disappear, so why would I have taken screens ?? :(

Also, some guy...can't remember his name, his ingame name started with an M in both first and last name, he told me he wanted to make a Freedom squad, so he said to put Freedom Recruit in my name, and he gave me a suit, but then when I went on the forums to maybe look for a flag they were closed ?? :(

Anyway, it was a good RP, but I'm afraid trying to get money to regain my weapons was very hard. It seems the missions that the traders give that will pay anything like one needs to get a good weapon...kinda require one to have a good weapon :( Better paying passive missions would be greatly appreciated, and the traders should have more missions for new stalkers :(

churro5

Quote from: UnnamedTheRevenge on 04-09-2009
Ah yes, I'm afraid it wasn't so good yesterday :( The old weapons bug wiped my Spas12 that I worked ages for, and the admins told me I needed screens of them, but when I was leaving I didn't know they were going to disappear, so why would I have taken screens ?? :(

Also, some guy...can't remember his name, his ingame name started with an M in both first and last name, he told me he wanted to make a Freedom squad, so he said to put Freedom Recruit in my name, and he gave me a suit, but then when I went on the forums to maybe look for a flag they were closed ?? :(

Anyway, it was a good RP, but I'm afraid trying to get money to regain my weapons was very hard. It seems the missions that the traders give that will pay anything like one needs to get a good weapon...kinda require one to have a good weapon :( Better paying passive missions would be greatly appreciated, and the traders should have more missions for new stalkers :(

You know, make missions isnt that easy as they look, besides, missions cost money to the traders too, especially if they dont need it, know what i mean?

Moordact

Yeah he's right , people often don't help..

even yesterday some troll was flaming over OOC .

Or when you ask something they respond with answers as " At your mums' and stuff...

If you don't wan't to help when somebody needs it , just shut up or help him.
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

OxTox

I don't care about my roubles as a trader, altough Akim my character does. Still tough I want to help out the new people so I give missions that I haven't set up such as bringing me metal barrels that are on the map by default and reward them three hundred roubles each or a Makarov since it's the same price and they having to do a favor for me and a reward so basicly not giving it away for free.