[SUGGESTION]Territory Wars (Please Read It Fully)

Started by Flash, 16-05-2010

Flash

Well , I'm sure this has been suggested before , But I think those other suggestions were stupid and took en by other members of the forums as 'IDIOTIC STK RDM'. This idea has been brought up by the events that followed by Military , DUTY ,  Freedom attacks that happened a month ago (April). Also the events that followed with Monolith. Ive seen many people just randomly attacking us going (OH YOUR NOOB YOU TOOK MAI FRIEND IM TAKIN HIM BACK). Yes I understand that also I have something to personally forgive you all for (Well , Like ICLY deep inside the sewers we have like 30 IC guards you cant attack us ). That was idiotic and was ruining our image as a faction in the server. I'm also personally sorry for Pawx getting called a noob exobandit. Most of this wasn't his idea it was mostly that of others. We have stricter rules now that will prevent all these events from happening ever again.

Now back to my suggestion , And this suggestion would follow the details of faction wars. Yes there has been alot of fights and argues about this system. Most of the suggested ways for it to work have been denied and most of them would have failed anyway. This idea also harbors off of Faction Wars in San Andreas Multiplayer Role play Servers. By the fact that we have elected moderators that will accept , pending , or deny a request to take a territory from a faction. The forum moderators tasks of doing that are simple they must take in detail the events why they want to do it for example of requesting a faction war would follow as of this. . . .

[b]Name of your character (ICly):[/b]
[b]Which faction are you in and what rank are you ?:[/b]
[b]What territory would you like to take ?:[/b]
[b]Why would you like to wage war on that territory ?[/b]

Now we would have someone like Tunddreff make a picture in photoshop of the map. So you would simply look at the Map thread and pick the turf you would like it would go in numbers say The Red Star Warehouse would be like (9) you would pick that number in your application for wars. Now we would have a forum setup in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Roleplay forum. This would be where all of the application information would go . I believe in this simple we can get a faction war or raid well organized and worked out. So we don't have a war where everyone goes (LOL LOLOL NO NO NO RERP THIS BLAH BLAH) So now we can have a system where the leaders and faction co-leaders can call on an application and have a set date and time to wage war so everyone can be on there and then they would have to post (sorry i cant come durring this war / raid sorry <insert reason here>).

By using this system we could have a well orginized , planned , set date/time , and a simple way to wage war and do raids. That is basically the idea I had planned out. Thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion. If you would like to add to it please make it detailed. Also if you hate this idea please post why (but please make it constrictive and detailed like always.)

Thank you for reading and have a great day ,
Brother 'Quinn' , - Flash

Bielecki

Its a cool idea, could work out very well.
I can see this adding alot of depth into RP.

Goose

I can also see alot of meta here, such as Oh we are attacking such and such position on this date at this time, people would expect it and just go "O lololol High alert expected attack from such and such" especialy if it is supposed to be kept on the dl such as you want to take out the wear house quickly and quietly people would be watching the base of the people and be like "their comming! Open fire!" before you get to do anything.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

KingArthur

Its nice to know where factions are suppose to be though, and military isnt suppose to move from the cordon (Base wise) They can do patrols ect. Freedom and Duty are the ONLY faction-war types.

Flash

Quote from: Goose on 16-05-2010
I can also see alot of meta here, such as Oh we are attacking such and such position on this date at this time, people would expect it and just go "O lololol High alert expected attack from such and such" especialy if it is supposed to be kept on the dl such as you want to take out the wear house quickly and quietly people would be watching the base of the people and be like "their comming! Open fire!" before you get to do anything.

The events would be admin watched . And idiots like that would be kicked

Quote from: KingArthur on 16-05-2010
Its nice to know where factions are suppose to be though, and military isnt suppose to move from the cordon (Base wise) They can do patrols ect. Freedom and Duty are the ONLY faction-war types.

The only factions that can war each other are currently.

(any playermade faciton) , Freedom , Duty , and Monolith.

franco20

When you add territory control, people have to be on and defend it.  They can't bullshit what they have and don't have unless RP is given where it's deserved.  For example: you just won a field engagement for a peice of land (that was schedueled through the OOC system).  A grace period has to be installed in order for this to be realistic.  Add to the territory code # the amount of time it has to be held.  Lets say for next 3-5 days everyone from that faction should be posted on the field to make sure nobody tries to take it back.  You can RP some good passive.  People on guard duty have something to look out for, instead of doing it out of boredome.  And of course, the same respect would be payed to the losers.  They have 3-5 days to initiate a retake, in which several admins would have to be present and other terms could apply.

+support
FALLOUT - Pvt. Beverley Louis: Tough-acting grunt in the service of New Haven.

Chaos

I hope this is enforced by time I'm back from my 'break'. I might lurk the forums still though.

Goose

There are still some majour flaws, such as say duty desides to attack freedoms -MAIN- Base and they do over run them, well what are we left with we cant go to the junkyard, because duty now has freedoms base and duty base, if we go to the junkyard duty will attack and take that from us to, basicly we would have no were to go without being attacked by duty, mono,military, we would be screwed, same goes for monolith and for duty.

And that three to five days, that would just cause a shit load of constant non stop attacks it would turn out like chernobyl did the first time it was played, one faction would attack another and then it would be taken everyone would log off and come back the next day to find them all right back where they were before bitching about who owns the area.

Thats all i can think of right now, but think about it there are still some majour flaws that need to be dealt with.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

franco20

Quote from: Goose on 16-05-2010
There are still some majour flaws, such as say duty desides to attack freedoms -MAIN- Base and they do over run them, well what are we left with we cant go to the junkyard, because duty now has freedoms base and duty base, if we go to the junkyard duty will attack and take that from us to, basicly we would have no were to go without being attacked by duty, mono,military, we would be screwed, same goes for monolith and for duty.

And that three to five days, that would just cause a shit load of constant non stop attacks it would turn out like chernobyl did the first time it was played, one faction would attack another and then it would be taken everyone would log off and come back the next day to find them all right back where they were before bitching about who owns the area.

Thats all i can think of right now, but think about it there are still some majour flaws that need to be dealt with.

Don't listen to what I say.  3-5 days is just an example.  There would have to be several admins available for them to even attempt a counter attack.  Other limitations apply such as how many people they have online.  Of course you can't just nab-grab it when the other side has nobody. 

As for HQ battles, you bring up a good point.  I was thinking this excludes HQs, and only includes "Barnhouse", "River", "Junkyard" etc.  Pretty much anything that can be considered an outpost.  I still think this is a good idea, and should be looked into especially for ARMA 2.
FALLOUT - Pvt. Beverley Louis: Tough-acting grunt in the service of New Haven.

Commissar Nitro

Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

AwDs

No support. This is a decent idea, But i don't like it
I'm Gay!

Nova

+Support
You know why Flash, and so do you Bielecki

Aresty

To avoid Meta, The app for a Territorial war should be sent to SV+ admins. They are the only people that we can trust.
I support this,I can see that this will bring alot of Spy RP now.

Steel

Quote from: Commisar Nitro on 17-05-2010
no support

*Clap*
Very constructive commissar.

Anyway, i think its a great idea.
May make faction conflict have a little more meaning.

Welshy

It is a good idea but there is many downsides to the upsides. Frankly, factions should fight for territory either way. This is part of the roleplay, and you should suggest it to the faction leaders. Applications is kinda pointless, the only current problem is that, they will take an area when the opposing faction has no men to defend or online. We need to make territory wars only when there is a certain amount of faction players online.

I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

Dug

To avoid the meta part, apps should be pmed to a admin chosen for turf wars.
And Goose, they can't hold two places at the same time can they? They would need to have many many people.

Chaos

We could make main base attacks application only, yet allow small outpost captures. It would be cool to rp at an outpost for more than a day.

Flash

Alright due to the massive ammount of feedback on this idea I have edited some of my ideas.

• * Applications would be sent to a SV+ (such as roy etc)

• * You cannot attack the main base of the faction.

• * Now for this the admin would pm the faction leader say nitro and say "somethings gonna happen" then the event happens cause nitro would go 'WTF' and they would have no idea what would happen say [EVENT]Several Monolithans Pour out of the Tunnels to the warehouse.

• * YOU CANNOT ATTACK A TERRITORY RIGHT AFTER SOMEONE WON. Wait 3-5 days at least

• * Wait one and a half hour before turf is considered owned by that faction.

• * Factions are not allowed EVER to attack a territory when the faction leader is consended to it. Or when theres not more then a equal number of faction members on.

• * If Theres more then 8+ members on for each faction then its STK to prevent whining and mass loads of /me's or /it's. If theres less then more RP and STM so it isnt unfair.

Thats what i have added.

Crimzon_Reaper

Sigh. Mixed feelings.

If anything the whole faction warring thing is ages old. However a system for applications on what faction controls where is something I'd suggested to Silver a while ago, because it'd get things organized enough so that the fighting would actually have reason to it, along with possibilities of gain or loss.