[Monolith]: PDA Logs, information on recent news & events.

Started by kisftw, 25-05-2010

lolKieck

// JESUS CHRIST IS AKS74-M
Quote from: Steven :D on 06-10-2010
<:: Signing In: Initiate 'Domino'
<:: Password: *******
< PDA Log Name: Suppliments for the Monolith.

I have recently been seeing more and more stalkers attempting to reach us, I suppose. One got too close, and I opened fire  on him, as a result. I now have a AKS47-M.
Also, note that I have been saving up a sum of rubles to give in. Currently I have...

Signing Out...

░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steven :D

Paintcheck

// There's no such thing as an "AKS47M"

In the Russian nomenclature "s" signifies a folding stock. "M" signifies "modernized". There is an AKM and an AK47 and an AK47S and an AKMS but there is no such thing as an AKS47M.

The AKM is also the most widely produced variant of the AK, not the AK47 like most people think. Visually they are hard to tell apart if you don't know what you are looking for but most AKs you see are in fact AKMs and not AK47s. As for why the AK47 in server is called the "AK47M" I have no idea, but that is incorrect.

Also other letter designations while I am thinking about all this (and hey I'm spamming your IC board anyway with this post so might as well chock it full of useful info):

"N" = Has a side rail mount for scopes. Is not used much because all modern AKs come with the rail. Original AKMs and AK74s didn't so AK74N = one with a rail. I am not sure about the AKM, I have never heard of an AKMN but in theory it could exist.

"U" = Shortened. Only used with the AKS74U

"M" = Modernized. AKM is the "modernized" ak47, it has some subtle differences appearance-wise most notably the slant flashhider/compensator and a slightly different shaped stock. AKMs also were manufactured differently than 47s as I recall and are therefor more accurate.

The AK74M is an updated 74, it has bakelite (plastic) handguards and a sight rail. I believe there were some other changes as well but I don't remember what they are.

"S" = Folding stock/skeleton stock. Not used with newest AK74M models because all new 74Ms have side folding polymer stocks. Is used with skeleton stocks and underfolders.

Khorn

// I think Paint just schooled you....?

Also, Predu, I think we can have these removed now.

Predu

// Thank you paint but it was rather unneeded and off topic, you can always tell it in PM. And you others, get on topic and quit with the OOC posts unless they're needed.

Gokiller

PDA Online
Hello 'Seen'
Sighing in
Password..

Opening notes

I have been doing some training with ******** Hound. The Ak74U is not the Best gun i use. Maybe we can upgrade are Brothers weapons. Maybe are brothers else where will send us weapons to use in this Sector.

Closing Notes
PDA crash....

lolKieck

Quote from: GoKiller on 13-10-2010
PDA Online
Hello 'Seen'
Sighing in
Password..

Opening notes

I have been doing some training with ******** Hound. The Ak74U is not the Best gun i use. Maybe we can upgrade are Brothers weapons. Maybe are brothers else where will send us weapons to use in this Sector.

Closing Notes
PDA crash....

//AKS-74u
Awtomat Kalashnikova Skladnoy 74 Ukorochenniy
Kalashnikov Assault Rifle, Folding Stock, Shortened
The u is a small one Predu :P
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Predu

// Silence Kieck, it's not that important. It matters only if you get what it means, this isn't some exam correctioning. And also to Seens posts, well OOCly I can tell that monolith traders cant really sell anything than AKS74Us and G36s. When it gets fixed I will supply my members with better weapons asap.

Bucky

lolKieck

Hello Andrey
Signingi into the network... Successful

The Wish Granter orders me to go and talk to our brothers in Pripyat, I'm not sure I'll get back, although they can send in supplies and Brothers to help us.
// lol Im leaving, since you dont need an officer right now, Ace and Predu are good enough, and Dug needs officers actually, I'll give the suits and other crap back when Ace or Predu will be on