[Fix] Sounds in SRP not working.

Started by Spades_Neil, 20-05-2012

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Ace of Hearts on 28-05-2012
Right, we'll do this the hard way; In the case of SRP, ensure that your SVN is updated & then move the 'Scripts' folder from said SVN into your Garrysmod/Garrysmod root directory. Merge & overwrite as it prompts, then check if the sound works.

[EDIT]: Got a couple people to check this, and it worked for each one that I had try it out. Seems to be the definitive fix for our sound troubles.

Topic stickied for future users.

Otto

Yeah, I have the same problem and have been asking about it, I can't hear the LR300.

Ket

Didn't happen to me, nor do I have the patch but...
My sounds fucked up last time because some random addons I had in my folder. Try  deleting unwanted addons and maybe..ugh.. re-downloading the SVN's?
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Paralyzed

Yeah, weapon sounds haven't worked for me anymore either after I reinstalled my computer, and ran the SVN update. Hope there will be a fix out there soon!
SRP Characters:
Artyom Fedoseev 'Ex S-Sgt, Duty' - Alive
Dimitri Petrenkov 'Co-Leader, The Rangers' - Alive
Vladislav Ivanov 'Trader' - KIA

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paralyzed on 21-05-2012
Yeah, weapon sounds haven't worked for me anymore either after I reinstalled my computer, and ran the SVN update. Hope there will be a fix out there soon!

General svn. The sound settings are in there.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Otto

Quote from: Last.Exile on 21-05-2012

I have both the general and stalker svn and I still can't hear any of the LR300 sounds, might be some others as well.

Paralyzed

Quote from: Otto on 21-05-2012
Quote from: Last.Exile on 21-05-2012

I have both the general and stalker svn and I still can't hear any of the LR300 sounds, might be some others as well.

Same here, I pretty much have all the SVN's and the sound still doesn't seem to work.
SRP Characters:

Ace of Hearts

One of you go ahead and try this, then;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30609183/sound%20testfix.zip

It's just a repack of the old content pack sound files, but I had the same issue as you lot after doing a clean reinstall of just the SVN content. Wound up digging these out and popping them into the Stalker SVN folder, and the sound suddenly returned.

Tell me if it works or not.

Silver Knight

If you get missing sound errors you have a old script file which points the sounds to the old directories. If you don't get errors you don't have the general svn installed.

How sounds work for most weapons are the script tells it a name. The name is then located in a script file and it shows the volume, pitch and sound path. If it loads the wrong script or if the script is missing you won't hear the sounds.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Otto

Quote from: Ace of Hearts on 21-05-2012
One of you go ahead and try this, then;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30609183/sound%20testfix.zip

It's just a repack of the old content pack sound files, but I had the same issue as you lot after doing a clean reinstall of just the SVN content. Wound up digging these out and popping them into the Stalker SVN folder, and the sound suddenly returned.

Tell me if it works or not.

Nope, didn't work for me unfortunately.

Well this is pretty annoying..

pimp5427

I've had the same problem for a while now, all the above didn't work.. I'm stumped.
Sincerely,

Your father.

Paralyzed

Thought the last SVN update (Where it updated the scripts.txts) fixed it, but in-game there still isn't any sound whenever I fire my weapons. No matter which one, no sound at all of them. 
SRP Characters:

PingPong

Ya I don't hear sounds in srp or forp
"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is just a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

Ace of Hearts

Right, we'll do this the hard way; In the case of SRP, ensure that your SVN is updated & then move the 'Scripts' folder from said SVN into your Garrysmod/Garrysmod root directory. Merge & overwrite as it prompts, then check if the sound works.

[EDIT]: Got a couple people to check this, and it worked for each one that I had try it out. Seems to be the definitive fix for our sound troubles.

Otto

Yep it definitely worked for me, thanks a lot.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Ace of Hearts on 28-05-2012

Aaaaaaaand I'll take that. *steals post and all the credit* :D