[Fallout] Special Character Applications

Started by Spades_Neil, 11-03-2012

Spades_Neil

For any special character such as friendly mutants, 1st generation super mutants (as in they're intelligent), domesticated creatures, ex-major faction characters, ex-vault dwellers, or any characters that are blatantly from foreign nations, apply here.

Having an accent is fine, since America before the war was a huge melting pot of cultures, but you cannot speak the language (except maybe Spanish) without applying below.

[OOC Info]
OOC Name:
Steam ID:
What you are applying for:
Why do you want this char?:
By applying you accept the responsibilities of having the char, and know that by having this char it may be removed if found that you are abusing:
Proof of Admin support (Must be the equivalent of one SA or higher and must be a legible screenshot):

[IC info]
Character Name:
Backstory (Must be at least 2 paragraphs):
How did it arrive in the Amargosa Valley?:

Do not intentionally edit the format above in any way. Please also disable WYSIWYG editor in your account settings before copying the information above.

Non-American Characters
Any player who wishes to have a character whose origin is not from the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, or Mexico must have authorization from the equivalent of an SA or above. This roster is to help admins keep track of who is authorized. It would be greatly appreciated if admins could post here whenever they give someone their auth.

Character Name | OOC Name | Nationality | Admin Auth

Friendly Mutants / 1st Generation Super Mutants
Any mutant (excluding non-feral ghouls) who wishes to be able to roleplay as a friendly character toward humans must have authorization from the equivalent of an SA or above. This roster is to help admins keep track of who is authorized. It would be greatly appreciated if admins could post here whenever they give someone their auth.

Character Name | OOC Name | Type of Mutant | Admin Auth
Fiji | GamerHead | Semi-Friendly Supermutant | FOSA Ecco

Former Faction Characters
Any character who is a former member of an official faction (including any vault or canon faction) must have authorization from the equivalent of an SA or above. This roster is to help admins keep track of who is authorized. It would be greatly appreciated if admins could post here whenever they give someone their auth.

Character Name | OOC Name | Former Faction | Admin Auth
User 550 | alex4576 | Vault 10 | FOSV Spades Neil

Other Special Characters

Character Name | OOC Name | What makes it special | Admin Auth
James Edswood | D33tly | A wealthy ghoul from before the war | FOSV Spades Neil
James Sunderland | D33tly | Followers of the Apocalypse member | FOSV Spades Neil
Jordan Redmond | Thanatos | Secondary main faction character (NCR) | FOSV Spades Neil

gamerhead

[OOC Info]
OOC Name: |HGN-FOTO| GamerHead
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16415872
What you are applying for: Semi-friendly super mutant.
Why do you want this char?: To enhance my role playing experience.
By applying you accept the responsibilities of having the char, and know that by having this char it may be removed if found that you are abusing: Yes, I accept these terms.
Proof of Admin support (Must be the equivalent of one SA or higher and must be a legible screenshot):

[IC info]
Character Name: Fiji
Sex: Male
      As a man Fiji was a chemist for the united states of america once known as Jameson Fiji. When the bombs dropped he was safely in a bunker underground and shortly after the bombs dropped he was sent to an enclave facility to study the FEV a new serum that was said to cure all wrong.  A few months went by and when the enclave locked  in all the super mutants he was still inside with the serum.  Not having a choice the man formally known as Jameson Fiji, took the FEV and was quickly turned into a super mutant forgetting all former knowledge he had once learned.  After he had taken the serum he and some other mutants removed the rubble from the collapsed entrance and walked out into the unknown of the wastes.

A few years had passed since he escaped from the rubble and Fiji had worked his way toward the open wastes.  Along the way Fiji found a Ex-NCR soldier named Tyler Dent who was running for his life to try and escape the NCR.  When they met Tyler was vary cautious of Fiji and shot at him sparking a fight of fists and wits.  After a few days Fiji had lost interest and Tyler was too tired to do anything so they proposed a treaty.  Fiji would let Tyler live if he would teach him how to speak.  After a while Fiji had gotten good with some broken English and started to speak more and more.

A few months went by and Tyler and Fiji had become very good friends until one day a group of NCR troopers had caught up to Tyler and threatened for his life.  Tyler and Fiji fought for three days to fend off the group of NCR troopers but sadly, Tyler was defeated and Fiji was the only one left standing at the end of this great battle.  After the battle Fiji had brought Tyler his only friend in the world to a large hill top and buried him there under a large stone grave.  On the horizon Fiji could see the Armagosa Valley and decided to go there in search for more super mutants and friends.

Once in the Armagosa Valley he had soon met a fellow super mutant named 'Slash'.  Slash quickly noticing his strengths brought him into the Brandonburg Militia a small group of super mutants struggling to survive.  Once he was in the Militia he was sent out on guard duty where he meta man named Henry.  Henry quickly made friends with Fiji proposing that he could teach him how to read and write.

How did it arrive in the Amargosa Valley?:
He traveled there with a companion named Tyler until he was defeated by the NCR.

Accepted - Just limit your buddies to only one or two people. So far you seem to understand that, since you have one buddy and still become violent toward those you do not know well enough. You should continue to avoid towns and settlements since most people are still more likely to shoot you (or they should be anyway). Under these terms, I will allow this and see Ecco responsible to make sure it goes well.

alex4576

[OOC Info][/size]OOC Name:Steam ID:What you are applying for: Special CharacterWhy do you want this char?: He was a very meaningful character I spent alot of time developing.By applying you accept the responsibilities of having the char, and know that by having this char it may be removed if found that you are abusing:Proof of Admin support (Must be the equivalent of one SA or higher and must be a legible screenshot): Yes.  http://imageshack.us/f/825/apppoop.png/ [IC info]Character Name: User 550Age: 24Sex: MaleBackstory (Must be at least 2 paragraphs): [size=78%]Open chat....[/size]
Darkness... Darkness was the first thing I remember seeing followed by the blinding light of a computer monitor. I would come to embrace this computer as my mother. The computer sounded played sound clips of a female until I was able to read. It called my User 550. 550 is what I would be known as for the rest of my life. I embraced this name because it was the only one I knew. My number ment I was going to be a security officer. Every 50 are security officers, every 75 are security officers, and ever 100 are Overseers. I look back now to how the Overseer kept us in peace through our toughest days in our Vault. Vault 10... my... home. The only place I can truely call home.
   Everyday I was tought how to be the perfect security officer. But one day when I was about sixteen years in existance the great cavein occured. The female quarters were crushed by a horrific earthquake and all of the female population was terminated. And the mother AI shut down. My doors opened and my first human contact was made. It was user 575, our head security officer. He threw in a duffle bag and left. I collected my gear as if I had done it for many years in the past and started my shift two years early.
   Those two years were some of the most chaotic of my existance. We had to deal with the loss of all the females but also their agrivated partner units. After the first year things calmed down but we were never able to restore the mother AI into working order except to power the Vault. My shift had me down in the engineering wing of the Vault where the head technicial, User 525 as I recall, we became social acquaintances over the months following. Secretly, 525 taught me how to work and repair electronic devices such as my PipBoy3000 which I would later modify. I call it the PipBoy3500b.
   At the end of the second year, the alarms went off signaling the door opening. I rushed to the door to see three metal men who I later found out were the Brother Hood of Steel. This was the first contact outside the Vault we have had since we close before the great war. After a heated arguement, the Overseer locked them in the airtight decontamination room. He turned the steam valve and boiled the three alive inside their metal armor.
   After this incident, the overseer selected myself, User 575, and himself to venture out into the wastes. The first thing that hit me was the blinding light of the "sun". After it was nothing but a brown wasteland. We ventured for an hour before we found a settlement and made first contact with the peaceful inhabitants of the wasteland.
   The first one that caught my eye was, now I know, a raider. I spoke with him while the Overseer was busy. Eventually the Overseer ordered me to stay and learn the ways of the wastelanders. This raider would train me in the hand to hand fighting style of Muay Thai. After a hard few months of training, I had mastered Muay Thai. From the other wastelanders, I learned survival skills, repair skills, even tips on how to socilize with others in the wastes.
   One day the Metal Men came to the town. Unlike the ones I saw first, they were friendly. Eventually I ended up following them and they trained me to use firearms and laser weaponry more effectivly. Their "scribes" also expanded my knowedge and they tought me how to modify electrical devices to suit my needs. I spent five months with those metal men before I was reunited with the Overseer.
   A year had past and the Overseer had tried to sooth relations with the Metal Men but a fight escalated and we barley managed to escape with our lives. We would be on the run for two days. On the thrid day after the fight, we snuck into their base but were caught. After a heated bedate, they let us go but shot the Overseer in the back. My emotions got the best of me, there was only one metal man with two others in basic armor. I grabbed the Overseers laser pistol and shot the metal man in the visor of his helmet, terminating him instantly. The recruits had their weapons slung and I had to terminate them aswell before they could raise the alarm.
   I buried User 500 in the dirt by their base. I had no other option but to leave the Amargosa Valley. I packed my gear and left. I just walked east.
   It took me a year to reach the old capitol of the United States. When I did, it was just like Amargosa Valley but only had urban city ruins. Along the way to the east, I met with many groups of wastelanders. I mastered their skills as I walked as the lone User. With equipment I was given I was able to modify my PipBoy in the what I call the PipBoy 3500b. It was a keyboard on it and I can transfer data from any computer onto it. It also tracks radio frequencies for any communication and pinpoints the locations on the map I updated as I walked alone. I killed when I had to and from my enemies armor I upgraded my own armor and helmet.
   While in the East, I had my first encounter with the Enclave. A group of extremely hostile metal men. I was involved in one skirmish and never saw them again.
   I eventually met a group of mercenaries, the Cobras as they called themselves. I joined their ranks as third in command but little became of the group. It gave me time to hon my skills. After a few years, I had enough of the East.
   I began my walk back to my home. I journied through the path I carved throught the radiation and mutants. On the way I met with new and old wastelanders. But after a year, I was back... Back home.
   Close Chat...How did it arrive in the Amargosa Valley?: User 550 was born and raised by the AI in vault 10, after a few years of being in the East Coast, User 550 decided it was time to see what became of the Vault. Following a path he carved out his first trip, User 550 began his walk back.

Erm, disable WYSIWYG in your forum profile settings. It screws up your post like this. Accepted anyway because I know the full story. We might just have to edit the Vault number since we're technically using a Vault 10 already. Just RP it as not knowing what vault it was anymore.

D33tly

[OOC Info]
OOC Name: D33tly
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32143833
What you are applying for: A pre-war ghoul
Why do you want this char?: To enhance roleplay, give jobs to wastelanders, and the other thing I told you about on steam.
By applying you accept the responsibilities of having the char, and know that by having this char it may be removed if found that you are abusing: Yes

+ you OK'ed it

[IC info]
Character Name: James Edswood
James Edswood was born to a wealthy family. When he asked for something, he got it. His childhood was mostly sheltered, he learned only proper English, and not to use any slang. By the age of 20, he was through college and was working on the family business. He wasn't an only child, he had a brother named Frank. His brother was 5 years older then him, and so was running the business years before him. For the next 7 years, their business was on the rise, and company was branching out. Life was great for them, and they had stashes of money at the ready.

By the year 2076 everyone saw that the great war was coming, including the Edswood brothers. So they began working on their own personal vault to let them survive the nuclear exchange. By the end of 2076, their vault was complete, and they went inside. Frank had decided to place his brain into a tank within the facility, which would allow him to control it. James had other ideas, James wanted to keep his body, so he gave himself lethal doses of radiation to turn himself into a ghoul. Once the war happened, both brothers were safely inside the facility with everything they thought they would need for when they left their vault.

For years, they stayed inside of the vault. They would usually just play mind games, or mess around with some of the facility's recreational areas. Though after the first hundred years of isolation, it began to get to Frank. He was stuck in place, well his brother got to wander freely around. Soon, he began to go insane. He began to dismantle the facility, thinking his brother had placed bugs in the facility. Though all the madness, James left the facility with his suit, a small pistol, and a pair of sunglasses.
How did it arrive in the Amargosa Valley?: He left his private vault in 2177, which was in the Amargosa Valley. He left the valley the same year. He came back after paying many guards and caravans to get him back to the valley.

Accepted - Interesting idea. Very Point Lookout-esque.

AlexeiPetrova

[OOC Info][/size]OOC Name: Gavin PetersenSteam ID: darthdude322What you are applying for: Russian CharacterWhy do you want this char?: For RP reasons.By applying you accept the responsibilities of having the char, and know that by having this char it may be removed if found that you are abusing:Proof of Admin support (Must be the equivalent of one SA or higher and must be a legible screenshot):Yes[IC info]Character Name:Alexei 'AK' PetrovaAge:28Sex:MaleBackstory (Must be at least 2 paragraphs): As a young boy Alex had lived a life of scavenging, living in the metro statons of Russia. Life wasn't too bad. Him and his father always found shelter and lived among a small community. Nobody ever bothers the two, though Alex's father was a drunkard. THis is what got them in trouble; one night his father went out drinking and gambling with a group of friends when he accused another man of being ripped off and it broke out into a gruesome firefight. Alex's father was killed in the fight, leaving him an orphan at Age 15. He had no idea what to do when his uncle Yuri came to the Metro and took him under. Yuri trained Alex in the way's of combat, working with him as a guard duo for travelling caravan's. They did this for some time until a group of Nazi's took them as prisoners durng a raid. Yuri was executed and Alexei's escaped by the skin of his teeth and had to flee the 'country' immeadiately. He knew no one and only had his wits to get him out of Russia. Alexei eventually found a caravan travelling far, all the way to America. He'd heard and read about America, it sounded great. He taveled with this caravan for almost a year, using canoes to get to the Alutian islands and to alaska where he satyed, learning about hunting from the eskimos and tech from his companions. He eventually set out on his own though , headed South toward New Vegas. The journey took him six months; he stayed in Freeside for awhile. Until he heard of riches in Armagosa Valley. Now he finds himself searching for fame and fortune among the wreckage of the valley.How did it arrive in the Amargosa Valley?: In background.

Rejected - I have no idea what you are thinking here.

D33tly

[OOC Info]
OOC Name:D33tly
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32143833
What you are applying for: Character with medical knowledge / Leader of local followers of the apocalypse
Why do you want this char?: To enhance others RP, aswell as have a local medical staff
By applying you accept the responsibilities of having the char, and know that by having this char it may be removed if found that you are abusing:

[IC info]
Character Name: James Sunderland
James was born into a troubled family. His father was extremely aggressive, yelled a lot, and sometimes even beat his mother. His mother stayed and didn't do anything because she feared his father, and couldn't leave because of James. James sometimes noticed, but never said anything because he didn't say anything, as he thought his mother had an embarrassing accident. At the age of 16, he finally understood what was going on, and he began gathering supplies. He only took small amount, and began hoarding them, since he didn't want his father to know.

One night, a year later, his father went out drinking, and came back very drunk. He went into the bedroom, and began yelling at his mother for sex, booze, and for other things. His mother yelled at him, saying she didn't want to have sex, he drank all the booze, and then he slapped her. She began yelling, even louder, and soon his father left the room. He went into the kitchen, and grabbed the family rifle, and went back into the room yelling at her some more. She started yelling back, all the while James was watching.

His mother began talking to his father, telling him everything he wanted to hear and began to get closer. When his father finally let his guard down, she tried yanking the gun out of his hand. He was to drunk to do anything, and when he tried pulling back, he fired the rifle which barely missed his mother, the bullet only grazing her. She began to go crazy, and beat his father down. His father was too drunk to pull the bolt back correctly, and was beaten into submission. When he finally got knocked down, and just laid there, his mother went to the bed and sat down holding onto her wound.

James went running, and grabbed the first aid kit his mother kept tucked away in the kitchen. He ran back upstairs, and laid his mother down. He opened the first aid kit, and began to pulls out a few assorted things. He treated his mother, who went to sleep promptly, and he went to go lock his father in a room. The next morning, he went to go check on his mother who was doing much better, and his father was still hungover in the room. His mother told him that he was going to be a great man, and he did a great job with the wound. She told him she would be fine, and she hid the rifle away for good. She told him to go pack his things, and leave and that she would just clean up and leave soon after him.

He did as she said, and packed up the supplies he gathered, leaving half for her. He said his good-byes, which were long and sad for him, and he went on his way. He went from town to town, looking for work and trying to make a living off of his mediocre medical skills. Then one day, he went to the Boneyard, and came across the Followers of the Apocalypse. He went to them, nearly begging them to join. He told them what he could do, and they let him into their ranks. He learned quickly in the medical field, and the others were impressed. Soon, they decided that it was time he went his way, and helped others that they couldn't reach. they asked him to go to the Amargosa valley, set up an outpost there, and help all who need it.
How did it arrive in the Amargosa Valley?: Through a Followers of the Apocalypse expedition to the amargosa valley

Accepted - I've seen medical RP done fairly well in the past by Ecco. Hopefully now it'll make a comeback in popularity with this now.

Thanatos

[OOC Info]
OOC Name: |HGN| Thanatos
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:30349766
What you are applying for: Dual-Faction Character
Why do you want this char?: I want to stay in the BoS, but I've also been told that NCR needs help.
Proof of Admin support (Must be the equivalent of one SA or higher and must be a legible screenshot): Spades- http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thanatosd347h/screenshot/559817564451911729

NCR Leader approval - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thanatosd347h/screenshot/559817564474812373
[IC info]
Character Name: Jordan Redmond
Sex: Female
Backstory (Must be at least 2 paragraphs): Jordan Redmond was born near Shady Sands, but while growing up, her mother wouldn't be around often, so she had to rely on her father, who was a mechanic that would spend most of his time repairing farming equipment. Jordan would watch her father for hours on end, just to get an idea of what he was trying to repair.

When Jordan turned sixteen, her father began to ask her for help by getting him items, like scrap metal or anything that looked like it was usable. While doing so, Jordan would take her hunting rifle, and practice shots on Geckos that crossed her path. She was an alright shot at distance, but practice overtime would make her better.

At the age of seventeen, Jordan's father asked her to join the repair business, she accepted and began to get tasks of repairing items that had an amateur challenge. Jordan began to improve on her repair work, getting more challenging jobs over time.

At age twenty-two, Jordan had full control over the repair shop, her father deciding to settle down and start a farm of his own. Jordan's repair skill was on par of her father's, but something was missing in her life. Jordan had began seeing recruitment officers of the NCR, they were looking for able bodied men and women to join them. A sense of loyalty sparked in Jordan's heart. She wanted to join the NCR and make the wasteland a better place, so Jordan decided to sell the repair shop to a local farmer and told her father she was leaving, and he supported her all the way. Later that week, she marched up to the recruitment station and signed up.

Two years had passed since Jordan joined the NCR, leaving her at the age of twenty-four. She had heard of Armagosa Valley losing a major battle against the Enclave, and troops were being sent in as reinforcements, one of the troops being her.

How did it arrive in the Amargosa Valley?: Sent in as Reinforcements.

Accepted - I'm making an exception to the usual rule, for now. I know you won't abuse it, but when the time comes that both factions are sufficiently active, join the one that needs you most.

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

Steven :D

[OOC Info]
OOC Name: |HGN| Steven :D
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15171330
What you are applying for: Stranded ZULU Operative
Why do you want this char?: To roleplay with in the new canon.
By applying you accept the responsibilities of having the char, and know that by having this char it may be removed if found that you are abusing: Yes
Proof of Admin support:

[IC info]
Character Name: Michael 'Barricade' Robertson
Backstory (Must be at least 2 paragraphs): Michael was a distinguished ZULU operative several years ago. After the success of the Armagosa Valley incident (refer to http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/enclave-374/operation-alpha-zulu-omega/ ), Michael's squadron returned to HQ while Michael stayed to supervise future activities of the Enclave in Armagosa Valley. The existence of the Enclave returned to normal, while the NCR outpost stayed in flames.

During a meeting with the commanding officer's, there was a pressing matter brought up by command, there was an order to setup several forward-outposts in another NCR contested area. Apparently, Michael was selected by high command to setup an outpost in Nevada, near New Vegas. The reason for this was most likely because of his squad's astounding success, handling the Armagosa Valley incident. Michael was then given plain clothes to wear and then he was transported to Nevada via Vertibird. He was dropped off at a per-determined location, there was a abandoned buildings nearby, perfect for the role he had in mind.  He then set to the task of setting up the base of operations with the supplies dropped off via Vertibird (Enclave equipment crates). It was now time to wait for the rest of his squad to arrive.

How did it arrive in [New Vegas/Nevada]: Via Vertibird, his squadron never arrived (Enclave basically are remnants now)

// holy shit that was kind of hard to write, I hope its acceptable (I had to give the story a reason for why they left a fucking zulu member out in the field, this is what I came up with.)