Started by Nova, 07-06-2011

Nova

*The PDA is turned on*

Please enter log-on:

Username: Smoke
Password: ********

Checking...

Access granted - Welcome.

I never thought I'd use this to write a diary with... But after what I've been through, I feel like I have to write something down... Anything.

The day started as any other. Woke up, checked my gear, wandered around a bit, stopped by Freedom. You know, everyday routines. Then I met up with Tima. Tima Leren. Great fellow. A good friend. Anywho, we talked for a bit, discussed where we should do next etc.

Then he had something he had to look at. I wished him luck and told him not to get killed. Then I met these two Rookie's. They were about the age of 20, both of them.

We sat down by a campfire, talked a bit. They told me about them selves. Where they came from, why they came here and so on and on.

Then all of the sudden, a Monolith squad appeared from nowhere. Obviously they threatened to kill us if we didn't do as they said. Then they decided we had to "prove ourselves". One of them tossed a knife between us. The others referred to him as "Father". He was probably the leader.

He wanted us to fight to the death. The Rookie's were practically stunned. So I jumped to the knife, expecting them to do the same. But they didn't. They just stood there...

Then this "Father" told me to kill them. I didn't really want to. But they had their guns up in my neck and everything... I had no choice... I stabbed the Rookie's like if they were pigs. The Monolith just stood there and...

They both bled to death in a matter of seconds. There I was... I had never killed before. And now a bunch of maniacs forced me to kill two other human beings. And they were just kids! Kids!

I tossed the knife away, but could still feel their blood running on my hands... their blood... Then the "Father" told me to get down on all four... Feeling I had no choice if I wanted to live, I did. Then the bastard unsheeted a god damn machete or something... and then he cut off my right ear...

Screaming in pain and bleeding horribly, I fell to the ground. But that wasn't enough for them. Oh no. "Father" dragged me to my feet again, and started to carve my back. Obviously, it just hurt even more. But once again, it wasn't enough.

He then tried to drag my face into the damn campfire... I used all my strength to stay out of it... But that Exosuit he was wearing just made him too strong...

He stuck my face into the fire. Luckily, I had my mask on, but it still hurt as... I don't know what. And he pulled me out only after about 3 seconds.

Before they left, he threw the knife I had used to kill the kids with, to me...

I barely managed to patch myself up. I swear by the zone, I was this close to dying.

For the next couple of days, I'm gonna hang around Freedom. I have to get in contact with Tima and 'Night'. They should be able to help me.

Log-off initiated...

Log-off successful

*The PDA is turned off*

Nova

*The PDA is turned on*

Please enter log-on:

Username: Smoke

Checking...

This is my second entry. It's been a relatively quiet day today. I met Pirvan. An old buddy, I was glad to see him again. He said he came to the zone to make some cash... We'll see how well he does. We talked for a bit, and met another Stalker who was pretty friendly. I didn't catch his name though.

Anyway. Pirvan had something to take care of, I think he was going to get a weapon, so we departed after a while. I decided to visit the scientist. I had a artifact that I wanted to sell them. I don't much about artifacts or their value, but the price they offered... I'm sure it was worth more than that. They offered mere 1200 rubles for it. I said no.

Then the scientist noticed something on my back. When he saw my back... He became kind of scared. He started to mutter, and said that I had to leave. I started to question him about what it was on my back, but he refused to tell me. I left the bunker, but I'll be back though.

Then I met up with Night. I asked to check what it was that was on my back. So he checked it... It was a damn Monolith symbol. Bastard carved it into my skin. It runs deep, and I can still feel the pain...

I tried to get a hold of the scientist, but they didn't open their bunker. I have a feeling they know something. Or that they are at least interested.

I'll try again tomorrow. For now, I'll get some rest. I have feeling it might get a bit busy tomorrow...

I almost forgot to mention; this is the last time anyone will know me as 'Smoke'. I changed it to something more... "appropriate". 'Aegre' is my new name. What it means I will keep for myself. But I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually... I'll also change the log-on...

Log-off initiated...

Log-off successful

*The PDA is turned off*

Nova

*The PDA is turned on*

Please enter log-on:

Username: Aegre

Checking...

Today was a quite interesting day. I was chilling over by the rail tracks when this Stalker suddenly startled me... A female one. I have to admit, it's only my second time seeing a female. Although I hear that there quite a lot up by the Freedom base... Anywho, she asked if I knew where 'Night' was. I told her the last time I saw him was yesterday. She seemed... Upset. So I asked where she knew him from. It was his sister...

Her name is Anne or 'Savior'. She told she wants to find 'Night', and maybe find out why he came here. I must admit, I'd like to know where he is myself. He usually tells me if he is going somewhere unusual.

I offered to help her find 'Night'. She accepted my offer, and then we headed off to a small, old gas station in the Military end of the tunnel. His rarely there, and as suspected, he wasn't there. Then we headed off to Duty. Never actually been there. We looked around for him, but couldn't find him. So we rested up there a bit and then we headed to Freedom.

As with the other places, he wasn't there either. I tried to contact him on his PDA, but he didn't respond. So I checked down in the trader bunker, to see if he was there. He wasn't. Instead, I found his PDA lying around. So I took it and showed it to Anne. She seemed uneasy when I gave it to her. She were able to get by the password, and looked through his notes to see where he was going.

His last entry said he was going to Duty. But since he wasn't there, I suspected he never made it. So we decided to head over to the scientist bunker. I had something else to do there anyway. We weren't let in at first, but after we went over to the rail tracks to rest, a scientist suddenly appeared and told us we could get in.

When we got inside, I showed him the artifact. He was a lot friendlier than that other guy yesterday... Anywho, we agreed he could get the artifact for 2500 rubles. The price I wanted, so I'm happy. Then he offered me to pay me handsomely if I brought him more artifacts. I told him I'd see what I could do. Then I asked him what if he had seen or met 'Night'. He hadn't, but he said he would contact us if he did.

When we were done, me and Anne headed back to the rail tracks. After only a few minutes, this gigantic mutant appeared. It was at last 9 foot tall... It scared the living crap out of me. Luckily it was rather clumsy, so after attempting to tackle Anne and instead hitting one of the train cars, me and Anne made a run for it. It pursued us for a moment, then disappeared. We thought we were safe for a moment, before it appeared behind us again. We ran towards the Freedom base... The mutant had suddenly turned his attention to another Stalker... I fear that the poor bastard didn't make it...

Me and Anne rested for a moment, to get over the experience. After talking a bit, I decided to get some proper rest. So I headed outside to take a nap... Always preferred to sleep outside, heh...

We'll continue to look after 'Night' tomorrow. Although I fear the worst...

Log-off initiated...

Log-off successful - Goodbye

*The PDA is turned off*