Sordanya Factional Discussion Thread

Started by KingArthur, 17-02-2012

Pink!

Ragolution, I've always been in favor of roleplay over 'victory'. It's why I continued in SRP despite losing every single firefight I was even near to someone else.

Problem is, I know the rest of HGN isn't.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Paintcheck

Grinding for epic gear would make this not an RP server. Everyone would spend all their time playing WoW and not RPing which defeats the purpose of having a private server. I know a lot of people have absolutely zero interest in a server where your ability to do anything is based entirely on the amount of time you've spent in server and nothing else. If I'm roleplaying I don't want some dumbass middle schooler who has the time to devote 10 hours a day grinding mobs being able to dictate to me what happens in a fight because he has epic gear and I don't (and that's frankly why STALKER is pretty shitty these days/has been shitty for a while, because the players who have been around since day 1 farming rubles have impenetrable exoskeleton armor and doomcannon guns, though the guns are now at least slightly more balanced the fact remains that "RP" on that server is largely based on who has the better gear. And most of the time the person with the better gear "RPs" by stomping on everyone he can find that is less well equipped than he is).

Why the fuck would you want that to happen on another server? That's stupid. MMO PVP is by far the least appealing game mode I have ever heard of. You literally pay monthly for the ability to get wrecked by someone who spends every waking moment playing the game. Yeah that's fun. But I digress.

Since you already pay for WoW, if you want to play an MMO play it. Making a private server identical to the base game that you already own and already pay for makes no sense at all.

xxChoasknite69xx

QuoteGrinding for epic gear would make this not an RP server.
Grinding for epic gear while role-playing is not an RP server.
Grinding for epic gear is mandatory and the declared theme of this server because all you can do is grind.

QuoteEveryone would spend all their time playing WoW and not RPing which defeats the purpose of having a private server.
Everyone. 100%. You're either blindly exaggerating a generalization that isn't even existent or have a poor choice of words.
You can't force people to join this server. You can't force people to role-play correctly or in a mature manner. You can't force people to role-play, period. You can only encourage them to do it, or manipulate them to do it. (But manipulate and encourage are synonymous in this case.)
ojollyincwalloftext
QuoteIf I'm roleplaying I don't want some dumbass middle schooler who has the time to devote 10 hours a day grinding mobs being able to dictate to me what happens in a fight because he has epic gear.
Lol. I don't even want to bother, but my god aren't you smug about your graduated ass?

So many solutions to avoid such people you dub 'dumbass middle schoolers' and all you can resort to is fighting them, can't even realistically avoid them in-character or avoid areas where you would be endangered. Nope, I'm going to go into a contested zone and not expect to get assraped by a dumbass middle schooler.

Quote(and that's frankly why STALKER is pretty shitty these days/has been shitty for a while, because the players who have been around since day 1 farming rubles have impenetrable exoskeleton armor and doomcannon guns, though the guns are now at least slightly more balanced the fact remains that "RP" on that server is largely based on who has the better gear. And most of the time the person with the better gear "RPs" by stomping on everyone he can find that is less well equipped than he is).
I don't know what this stalker is, but it sounds prepared, as Illidan would approve. Inc call out on ignorant ranting/know your place/you don't know what you're talking about.

QuoteWhy the fuck would you want that to happen on another server?

Fix a mistake, not avert the mind and brainpower from it.

QuoteThat's stupid.

Thank you for your opinion.

QuoteMMO PVP is by far the least appealing game mode I have ever heard of.

Thank you for your opinion.

QuoteYou literally pay monthly for the ability to get wrecked by someone who spends every waking moment playing the game.

It's called player vs player combat on an active basis, some of us get paid to do it, some of us have fun to do it. But that's subjective. If you want to discuss how to spend your money in a healthy, economical manner, it isn't the brightest idea to go on forums and take time to type all these arguments when you can be having a time of your life with your friends across the globe, researching your dream job or studying to surpass a dumbass middle schooler.

QuoteYeah that's fun.

I love backhanded sarcasm, it's always funny in the right hands.

QuoteBut I digress.

Yay.

QuoteSince you already pay for WoW, if you want to play an MMO play it.

I don't understand.

QuoteMaking a private server identical to the base game that you already own and already pay for makes no sense at all.

You have to define what aspects you don't want identical, else I might just say it's identical in lore, appearance, virtual geography, etc. but you want us to imply everything your mind tells you.

pls men just a gaem jajajajaja, y u no relax aye?

KingArthur

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 28-02-2012
So I'd like to know why can't we be neutral. I've heard the answer of "no", but you give no reason to what I've seen.
Yea rag has a system where you can make anyone neutral (Any race)

Pink!

Idiocy aside, there's a point there. I've never had problems going up against someone with better gear; talent and skill plays a significant part in WoW, or any MMO. It's why I can nuke people two or three levels above me.

Gear helps. It doesn't determine victory.

Pink!

Alliance scum!

Horde lore's a lot more fun to roleplay, and I really hope we pick it. Otherwise, we're going to see nelves hanging around in taverns, and I'll scream. Loudly.

Ragolution

Keep in mind this choice is not permanent. We just want to concentrate our playerbase during the first few days so we can generate more consistant RP and have people available for Events.

Ragolution

Quote from: Pink! on 28-02-2012

I respect your opinion but politely disagree.

General Cole

Fuck both of them, the Forsaken don't give a shit. They just take what they want.

Ragolution

Quote from: General Cole on 28-02-2012
Fuck both of them, the Forsaken don't give a shit. They just take what they want.

LOOK AT ME I'M UNDEAD

Seriously, ever since the whole Putress thing, the Forsaken have lost all of my respect.

All they do is brood, cry and pretend to be important. It's all they've ever done, but now they're pretending even harder.

RanmaChan

The Scourge is better, go Arthas!
Pink, Alliance or Horde, you still get Elves.  Night Elves, Blood Elves, they all hang around taverns.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Pink!

Quote from: RanmaChan on 28-02-2012
The Scourge is better, go Arthas!
Pink, Alliance or Horde, you still get Elves.  Night Elves, Blood Elves, they all hang around taverns.

No. Nelves do not hang around taverns. The traditional Night Elf is xenophobic and solitary. Belves, maybe.

I'm also not interesting in roleplaying as an Elf. If we have to go Alliance, I'll go Draenei/Gnome, maybe Human. Probably be a Hunter or Warrior.

Pink!

Quote from: Ragolution on 28-02-2012

you take t3 hunter gear I'll wear t2 hunter and we'll see who'll win.

Ragolution

Quote from: Ragolution on 28-02-2012

I want to win the game.

Ragolution

No. Nelves do not hang around taverns. The traditional Night Elf is xenophobic and solitary. Belves, maybe.

Despoiled, veteran elves who hate themselves (ie rarities) might.
Otherwise, Pink is right.

I'm also not interesting in roleplaying as an Elf. If we have to go Alliance, I'll go Draenei/Gnome, maybe Human. Probably be a Hunter or Warrior.

Why not a dwarf?
Also, calm your nethers, we're probably gunna do Horde because that's what the official poll is leading towards right now.

Pink!

Draenei have interesting lore, and being hated would be fun. Dwarf Paladin's an interesting idea, though.

And my only Alliance character was my Gnome.

RanmaChan

Alliance scum!
Horde lore's a lot more fun to roleplay, and I really hope we pick it. Otherwise, we're going to see nelves hanging around in taverns, and I'll scream. Loudly.

Sorry, looked a lot like she said: "we're going to see Nelves(Night Elves) hanging around in taverns."
I didn't know the abbreviation for the only other major kind of Elf (Blood Elves) was with an N.
Unless that was a typo and I took what she said completely incorrectly.
Otherwise she just looks like a massive hypocrite?

"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 29-02-2012
Alliance scum!

Sorry, looked a lot like she said: "we're going to see Nelves(Night Elves) hanging around in taverns."
I didn't know the abbreviation for the only other major kind of Elf (Blood Elves) was with an N.
Unless that was a typo and I took what she said completely incorrectly.
Otherwise she just looks like a massive hypocrite?

I think Pink is implying that even though it is a lore faux pas (I feel gay using that) it's going to happen anyway.

Pink!

To clarify: most Night Elves should not be seen around taverns; it's why you'll find nearly every Alliance race around other areas, but never Night Elves. Blood Elves are a possibility, though; we could see them around the place.

When I said that if we went Alliance, we'd see them everywhere, I was implying that was a bad thing.

Maxi96203

As it stands in Cataclysm:

Humans "oh noez stormwind iz ruined and shit!!!1_one_!1"

Orcs "After a duel a new Horde chief rises to power, one much more bloodthirsty and less-peaceful than his predecessor."

I probably left something out there but I don't really delve deep into Orc lore.

Goblins and Worgen are pretty much bullshit I have to agree.

Night Elves "oh noez our shores are recked and our ppl ar dying n' we let deh mages allowed back in to our society n' stoff. oh also worgenz."

Tauren "After rumors spreading that the new Warchief was slaughtering innocent druids the Tauren Chieftain Cairne Bloodhoof challenged Garrosh to a duel. Magatha Grimtotem offered to "bless" Garrosh's weapon (Gorehowl.) She then proceeded to secretly poison the weapon.

In the duel Cairne was never meant to die, and when he did, Magatha rose up with her warlike "Grimtotem" clan and Baine, Cairne's son, eventually retook Thunderbluff and burnt Cairne's body in a pyre."

Yeah I think I'm voting Horde. 
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

deluxulous

I can sum this entire thread up in a single sentence.

"NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION IM RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG FOR DA HORDE"

Ragolution

Ragolution

TOO BAD WE'RE DOING HORDE NOW.

Since community can't decide, admin team did.

Pink!

I'm happy.

Honestly, Alliance folks? You'll be happier because of it.

KingArthur

Quote from: Pink! on 29-02-2012
I'm happy.

Honestly, Alliance folks? You'll be happier because of it.

Your the lore master, horde conflicts in RP. I love how you don't see it but its your job lol