Sordanya Donations!

Started by Ragolution, 28-02-2012

Ragolution

Steven :D

My name is commander shepherd and this is my favorite shop on the citidael... DISCOUNTS!
http://www.youtube.com/v/un5OckofEOA&autoplay=1

Zstan

So people can basically buy Gamemaster status?

what the ffffffffffff

Ragolution

Quote from: Zstan on 28-02-2012
So people can basically buy Gamemaster status?

what the ffffffffffff

Except you know, not.
Gamemasters can kick, make announcements, and other stuff.

Pink!

$5, and I can roleplay as Sylvanas?

Heck yeah.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

KingArthur

Nice and cheap, like me! Also challenge.accepted on the pirate ship.

Silver Knight

This will be scrapped and use a stage system like srp, microtransactions won't work well with paypal.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

Just have people gift it if you are worried about paypal fees, the tier.system is terrible. The number of people I have had whine at me in Crussaria and Stalker because they only wanted one of the flags in tier and didn't want to drop $100 for the whole tier for sure has caused lost donation revenue. Hell, people have straight up eft the server necause of it. Holy fuck posting from my phone is hard. Forums do not get along with it

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 29-02-2012
Just have people gift it if you are worried about paypal fees, the tier.system is terrible. The number of people I have had whine at me in Crussaria and Stalker because they only wanted one of the flags in tier and didn't want to drop $100 for the whole tier for sure has caused lost donation revenue. Hell, people have straight up eft the server necause of it. Holy fuck posting from my phone is hard. Forums do not get along with it

You forget why donations exist. They exist to upkeep the server on a long term basis, not to line my pockets with "profit". It's stages to make the donator appreciate and continue to donate over a extended period of time to keep the server and HGN afloat. It's not about the item\thing you donate for but upkeeping the server.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

What's better for server up keep, 1 donation of 20 one time from someone who probably doesn't want all the things in the tier or 5 people throwing in $5 likely more frequently? From just my experience of dealing with annoyed players, cheaper a la carte donations would lead to more revenue

KingArthur

I think letting people go for what they want instead of going through what they -don't- want would yeild more donations. Instead of saying "Oh the thing i want is 50$, willing to pay 20$ but na."

Ragolution

What's better for server up keep, 1 donation of 20 one time from someone who probably doesn't want all the things in the tier or 5 people throwing in $5 likely more frequently? From just my experience of dealing with annoyed players, cheaper a la carte donations would lead to more revenue

Ragolution

Quote from: KingArthur on 29-02-2012
accepted on the pirate ship.

Shit you noticed that?

xxChoasknite69xx

nigga i rather you make me pay taxes

how about we do 15 bucks a month, aye?

it'll keep the dumbass middle schoolers out.

Ragolution

Quote from: xxChoasknite69xx on 29-02-2012

Then suddenly we're profiting and Blizzard flies out of the sky like an angry dragon and tears us asunder.

Paintcheck

Or you're playing retail WoW except with 1/10000th of the players on an out of date client.

Ragolution

Or you're playing retail WoW except with 1/10000th of the players on an out of date client.

Dungeon_Lord

Quote from: xxChoasknite69xx on 29-02-2012

Thats a bit offensive... I'm not in middle school, but I sure as hell don't have the type of money to pay monthly to play. If I did then I'd be playing WoW right now.
Also why is a middle schooler a dumbass -.-
Finally, you saying that middle schoolers are dumbasses makes you sound like you just got into highschool.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Pink!

I'll chip in here.

Paintcheck's right. It's a basic business principle that 5x$5 > 1x$15.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

http://www.youtube.com/v/ON-7v4qnHP8&autoplay=0
Quote|HGN-SSS| cannonInspector #Swag: HAHA
|HGN-SSS| cannonInspector #Swag: LOADS
|HGN-SSS| cannonInspector #Swag: LOADS A MONEY
|HGN-SSS| cannonInspector #Swag: HAHAH

Zstan

Holy fuck stop posting auto play videos.

Jesus.

Quote from: Zstan on 01-03-2012

Jesus.
No.

Ragolution

Quote from: Steven :D on 01-03-2012
Quote from: Zstan on 01-03-2012

Jesus.
No.

lods a emone

Yeah no more fucking autoplay.