Official HGN World of Warcraft Sordanya Discussion Thread

Started by Ragolution, 15-02-2012

Ragolution

Discussion thread.

As it stands:

It's going to be instant 85
Yes it's fucking free
Lore/timeline is going to be Cataclysm (Like we have a choice)
Combat will probably be done through emotes.
Players will have access to all of the armor/weapons/items in the game.
Money will be represented by and handed out through events, given to merchants and dispensed with game items instead of standard currency. (Yeah it's kinda-sorta like prestige except it's not re-fucking-dickulous and they're pretty easy to obtain.)
Players will also be able to turn invisible to observe RP.

And that's it, so far.

If you guys want to try to convince me otherwise, feel completely free else I'm going to implement everything as I see fit.

The server itself will probably be done/up next week.

Maxi96203

Are there any plans to balance weapons and armor?
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Ragolution

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 15-02-2012
Are there any plans to balance weapons and armor?

Weapons and armor basically wont matter because

Combat will be emote based and if HGN proves they can't handle trust-RP, I will make it into die-rolling although I totally don't want to.

Lent23

I will be Tauren and I will help Horde win game.

On another note, Horde vs. Alliance will be stressed, right? Could we set it up so that, depending on character development, a Human, for example, could migrate to the Horde side?
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Ragolution

Quote from: Lent23 on 15-02-2012

On another note, Horde vs. Alliance will be stressed, right? Could we set it up so that, depending on character development, a Human, for example, could migrate to the Horde side?

Uhm.
Special circumstances in that case really.
There will always be exceptions and we'll have a Special Character Application area (eventually).
It wont be that harsh.

Humans generally wouldn't betray the alliance, especially since you know, all the history.

Wildhammer Dwarves might join the Horde.
Night Elves could THEORETICALLY join the Horde.
High Elves could join the Horde.

That's really it though.
The reason the Horde is the Horde and the Alliance is the Alliance is because of a fucking ton of their history was all anti-Horde/Alliance (respectively)

Lent23

Quote from: Ragolution on 15-02-2012

Uhm.
There will always be exceptions and we'll have a Special Character Application area (eventually).
It wont be that harsh.

Humans generally wouldn't betray the alliance, especially since you know, all the history.

That's really it though.
The reason the Horde is the Horde and the Alliance is the Alliance is because of a fucking ton of their history was all anti-Horde/Alliance (respectively)

Worgens were betrayed by Humans but for SOME reason joined the Alliance..
Goblins, they can be any mercenary.

On the mercenary note, anybody could be a mercenary and work for what they believe, but that falls within special characters, hm?
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

Ragolution

Uhm.
It wont be that harsh.

That's really it though.

On the mercenary note, anybody could be a mercenary and work for what they believe, but that falls within special characters, hm?

Bam. Look at you.

All.

Knowing your WoW lore.

Lent23

Uhm.
It wont be that harsh.

That's really it though.

Bam. Look at you.

All.

Knowing your WoW lore.

Maxi96203

Are there any plans to change Guard AI so that they don't attack a Neutral person? As in:

If a Goblin walks to Stormwind, working as a mercenary, the guards won't attack him because their AI has been adjusted.

Ragolution

Uhm.
It wont be that harsh.

That's really it though.

Bam. Look at you.

All.

Knowing your WoW lore.

Totally serious.

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 15-02-2012
Are there any plans to change Guard AI so that they don't attack a Neutral person? As in:

If a Goblin walks to Stormwind, working as a mercenary, the guards won't attack him because their AI has been adjusted.

Yeah that's planned.

Most-if-not-all NPCs will be set as "Neutral" (Attackable but not inherently hostile) so that everyone can engage in RP with them.

Dungeon_Lord

This looks like it could be really good and I'm excited to try it out. One thing though. Will there be regular monsters and such roaming the lands and will this use the cataclysm map? Theres some other things that I'm curious about to, but they aren't as important.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Ragolution

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 15-02-2012
One thing though. Will there be regular monsters and such roaming the lands

Yes

and will this use the cataclysm map?

Read the OP

Silver Knight

Custom races\models will be donations btw for anyone thats interested. The custom races will be laid ot at a later date, e.g. things like ogres, creatures etc.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

xxChoasknite69xx

Players will have access to all of the armor/weapons/items in the game.

can u reserve ashbring for me?? i want to be tirion's daughter :)

huehuehuehuehuehue I am just kidd

Plunger

Again I'm going to state, the instant level 85 thing makes the RP stale really quick since everyone is god tier immediately, what happened on one of the previous ones was everyone was locked in at a certain level, like 5, or 10, and would RP as actually progressing from a nobody to a somebody, instead of everyone getting fireballmeteoritedeathzap when you first join. Part of the fun of RP'ing with Paintcheck, and Zombiehunter in TOR is going through the raids, etc, since you passive the way through with no enemy respawns, and everyone works together.

Lent23

I still gotta agree, you should have the choice whether you want to be instant 85 or not, because people do like leveling. Make it a bit faster leveling so it doesn't take as long, I suppose?

RanmaChan

Quote from: Lent23 on 16-02-2012
I still gotta agree, you should have the choice whether you want to be instant 85 or not, because people do like leveling. Make it a bit faster leveling so it doesn't take as long, I suppose?

This is the same damn problem with the Minecraft roleplay.  You aren't there to MINE, you are there to ROLEPLAY.  For WoWRP you aren't there to LEVEL, you are there to ROLEPLAY.  If you want to do leveling, go play on a regular Blizzard server or find a different WoW freeserver.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 16-02-2012

This is the same damn problem with the Minecraft roleplay.  You aren't there to MINE, you are there to ROLEPLAY.  For WoWRP you aren't there to LEVEL, you are there to ROLEPLAY.  If you want to do leveling, go play on a regular Blizzard server or find a different WoW freeserver.

KingArthur

Yea, I would only be interested if I didn't have to level. Also I believe you can only run servers up to level 80, WOTLK expansion, Cata has changed terms that makes it hard to run private servers.

Plunger

Any reply to my post Rago? Or will you just ignore it.

KingArthur

Quote from: Plunger on 16-02-2012
Again I'm going to state, the instant level 85 thing makes the RP stale really quick since everyone is god tier immediately, what happened on one of the previous ones was everyone was locked in at a certain level, like 5, or 10, and would RP as actually progressing from a nobody to a somebody, instead of everyone getting fireballmeteoritedeathzap when you first join. Part of the fun of RP'ing with Paintcheck, and Zombiehunter in TOR is going through the raids, etc, since you passive the way through with no enemy respawns, and everyone works together.

Well if UNIVERSALLY, everyone progressed from low levels, it would be cool to do it together.

Lent23

Quote from: KingArthur on 16-02-2012

Well if UNIVERSALLY, everyone progressed from low levels, it would be cool to do it together.
Have everybody join the server at level 55 and have minimal leveling to do, and we're all represented as "Hero classes" like the Death Knight of WotLK, and we all level together.

Ragolution

In class will respond briefly. Hgn geeks out when I use my Kindle

Plunger

Have everybody join the server at level 55 and have minimal leveling to do, and we're all represented as "Hero classes" like the Death Knight of WotLK, and we all level together.
it's got to be an early level like 5 or 10 so people actually develop from soldiers, farmers to heros.

Maxi96203

it's got to be an early level like 5 or 10 so people actually develop from soldiers, farmers to heros.

Sense you will have access to all of the available items, why not, instead of being a hero because you're automatically 85, just RP it out? Fights will be emoted anyways. I don't see the point in starting certain players at a lower level just to enforce RP. People can be banned if they make it unrealistic by WoW's standards.