Official HGN World of Warcraft Sordanya Discussion Thread

Started by Ragolution, 15-02-2012

Lent23

"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Dungeon_Lord

Ya I mean there's only a limit to how much of society you can block of from a person. A human walking near Orgrimmar would immediately feel unwelcome, unwanted, and in constant threat of hostile attacking. Though if a human emerged himself into the culture he would be stared at and would have trouble at first, but through time he could earn the trust of many. I can easily see a group of druid night elves going into Orgimmar or some horde capital to speak with some fellow tree huggers.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Ragolution

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 19-02-2012
Ya I mean there's only a limit to how much of society you can block of from a person. A human walking near Orgrimmar would immediately be murdered.

because you know

alliance/horde are at war, last I checked.

Dungeon_Lord

Yes murdered part is true, but I thought that point would be easily assumed by all Warcraft goers hostility is a easier more rounded way to go about saying that.

Maxi96203

If Tirion Fording walked into Ogrimmar during the reign of Thrall he wouldn't have been murdered, even if he was an Alliance paladin, because he had made friends in the Horde.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Lent23

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 20-02-2012
If Tirion Fording walked into Ogrimmar during the reign of Thrall he wouldn't have been murdered, even if he was an Alliance paladin, because he had made friends in the Horde.
There are obviously exceptions, but in general, if some random human warrior walked into Ogrimmar, do you think he would survive?
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."

Maxi96203

Quote from: Lent23 on 20-02-2012
There are obviously exceptions, but in general, if some random human warrior walked into Ogrimmar, do you think he would survive?

Under the rule of Thrall? Probably.

But now? Nope. He'd be slaughtered.

KingArthur

There are just some races that can not mix. Humans and Orcs are one such race.

Dungeon_Lord

Thrall's Reign = Maybe some underlings would try to rough em up.

Now Reign: *Stab Shank Slice Slash*

I miss Thrall... I have a memorial Doomhammer... Though I'm pretty sure that other than Orc and Humans the other races aren't nearly as hostile towards each other.

Lent23

You guys fail to understand that not all Humans would be WILLING to walk into Ogrimmar, because they have a sheer hatred of Orcs, and have had such for a long time. Most humans also still hold a hatred towards non-humans, because most races are pretty racist, even in WoW.

Maxi96203

Mind you, just because King Varian Wrynn hates Orcs doesn't mean every Human hates Orcs. In the book "Cycle of Hatred" not all of the Humans in the bar hate the Orcs, they appreciate what they did to defeat the Burning Legion.

Ragolution

Mind you, just because King Varian Wrynn hates Orcs doesn't mean every Human hates Orcs. In the book "Cycle of Hatred" not all of the Humans in the bar hate the Orcs, they appreciate what they did to defeat the Burning Legion.

Cite cases

Half Orcs abound

Maxi96203

Quote"I ain't standin' for this," the soldier said. "You fought in the war, fisherman—you know what the orcs did for us."

Cite 1

Quote"So you'd all like it better if the orcs weren't around?" The soldier slammed his fist on the bar. "Without them, we'd be demon-food, and that's a fact."

Cite 2

Ragolution

Quote"I ain't standin' for this," the soldier said. "You fought in the war, fisherman—you know what the orcs did for us."

Cite 1

Quote"So you'd all like it better if the orcs weren't around?" The soldier slammed his fist on the bar. "Without them, we'd be demon-food, and that's a fact."

Cite 2

I like it when people prove me wrong about lore.

KingArthur

The leaders hate each other, thats all that matters. Can anyone get some orc quotes saying the same thing?

Dungeon_Lord

I'm pretty sure I've heard orc characters say things good about humans, but those orcs are more spiritual less horde membery.

Lent23

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 20-02-2012
I'm pretty sure I've heard orc characters say things good about humans, but those orcs are more spiritual less horde membery.
If I read your post right, you're saying the Orcs don't have a spiritual society?
The entire Orc society is Shamanistic and they are highly 'religious' in their own way.
They aren't just 'Blind, stupid ass warriors' that everybody thinks them to be.

KingArthur

If I read your post right, you're saying the Orcs don't have a spiritual society?
The entire Orc society is Shamanistic and they are highly 'religious' in their own way.

Tiny man insult Ub'ar.... UB'AR SMALL TINY MAN

Ragolution

Some are.

Lent23

Quote from: Ragolution on 20-02-2012

Some are.
Not the playable Ogrimmar Orcs race in WoW

Ragolution

Some are.
Not the playable Ogrimmar Orcs race in WoW

Some are.

KingArthur

I would definatly say the average orc is dumber then the average human

Lent23

Quote from: KingArthur on 21-02-2012
Depends on what you consider to be "Knowledge"

KingArthur

Quote from: Lent23 on 21-02-2012
I don't know man, orc culture dosnt appreciate knowlege like other races. They are shamans and warriors. Humans society seems more into keeping history and learning. Orcs just are tradiationalist, which is hurting them, and the world ( of warcraft)

Lent23

Quote from: Lent23 on 21-02-2012
I don't know man, orc culture dosnt appreciate knowlege like other races. They are shamans and warriors. Humans society seems more into keeping history and learning. Orcs just are tradiationalist, which is hurting them, and the world ( of warcraft)
Orcs are no doubt more a survivalistic culture that focuses more on the race's power as a whole rather than useless knowledge. Still, it's subjective of what's more important "Knowledge" Survival or reading books based on a white boy and his slave going down a river.