Official HGN World of Warcraft Sordanya Discussion Thread

Started by Ragolution, 15-02-2012

Dungeon_Lord

I'm kind of... disappointed at the fact that people must rely on some sort of level system to keep their troll rage from coming out. If you think you can't play a reasonable role with your character starting at level 85 then should you actually be playing? I mean really no one who thinks they can't keep their troll inside should roleplay in a situation like this.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 15-02-2012
Combat will be emote based and if HGN proves they can't handle trust-RP, I will make it into die-rolling although I totally don't want to.

I really do not like the idea of this. Die-rolling, well; Some of us could handle it. Some.

I'd say that there should be rules to combat, like throwing down the gauntlet <Playername> has challenged <playername2> to a duel.

Quote from: Last.Exile on 15-02-2012
Custom races\models will be donations btw for anyone thats interested. The custom races will be laid ot at a later date, e.g. things like ogres, creatures etc.

Custom races, you say? Hopefully it can be implemented into fantasy, and not something completely made up like a flying shark.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

KingArthur

Quote from: James Almasy on 17-02-2012
Combat will be emote based and if HGN proves they can't handle trust-RP, I will make it into die-rolling although I totally don't want to.

I really do not like the idea of this. Die-rolling, well; Some of us could handle it. Some.

I'd say that there should be rules to combat, like throwing down the gauntlet <Playername> has challenged <playername2> to a duel.

Custom races\models will be donations btw for anyone thats interested. The custom races will be laid ot at a later date, e.g. things like ogres, creatures etc.

Custom races, you say? Hopefully it can be implemented into fantasy, and not something completely made up like a flying shark.

I think you just set a player model to ANY model in the game, most wont work with armor if they arnt 100% Humanoid, but you could be a spider, for instance.

Ragolution

Quote from: KingArthur on 17-02-2012

I think you just set a player model to ANY model in the game, most wont work with armor if they arnt 100% Humanoid, but you could be a spider, for instance.

This.

Syndraell

Quote from: KingArthur on 17-02-2012

gods no, I hate spiders. their eyes man, THEY STARE INTO YOUR SOUUUUUL!

deluxulous

Quick question, what kind of server will we be running? (Mangos, Trinity Core, Arcemu?)

Ragolution

Quote from: PistolKid on 17-02-2012
Quick question, what kind of server will we be running? (Mangos, Trinity Core, Arcemu?)

It's an ArcEmu branch.

Dungeon_Lord

PistolKid... I find your signature to be very annoying please change it...

Syndraell

eh, if i could, i'd like to start from level 1.

That's just me, though.
anyone else agree?

Dungeon_Lord

I wouldn't have my charatcer start at level one, but differently some sort of experience point gaining system or maybe fame points.

KingArthur

'Fame points'? No thank you. How about people make their own god damn fame with their characters and how they roleplay.
EDIT: I mean, really? Do you really need points to tell you some one is a good role player... How about you have roleplayed or seen them roleplay before and enjoy their presence? That not good enough?

Ragolution

What's happening.

Tiers.
Sort of like Trader Tiers. Except easier to get.

You apply for them.

Until then? You're some little level 10 nobody.

Tier 0 - 15
Tier 1 - 30
Tier 2 - 45
Tier 3 - 50
Tier 4 - 65
Tier 5 - 85

Dungeon_Lord

When I said fame points I just meant a general system that would keep track of logged hours or experience in playing. Also it was an idea that I was trying to make to get a compromise not because I want some retarded as point system that is totally not needed.

Ragolution

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 18-02-2012
When I said fame points I just meant a general system that would keep track of logged hours or experience in playing.

Paycheck farming.

KingArthur

Quote from: Ragolution on 18-02-2012
When I said fame points I just meant a general system that would keep track of logged hours or experience in playing.

Paycheck farming.
Thats what it would turn into, Of course.

Dungeon_Lord

See but the levels in the system I was thinking wouldn't give you an advantage. Also what type of dumbass would just sit in the world to get some xp points or some shit...

KingArthur

See but the levels in the system I was thinking wouldn't give you an advantage. Also what type of dumbass would just sit in the world to get some xp points or some shit...

Hmm, I dont know, half the playersbase?

Ragolution

Quote from: KingArthur on 18-02-2012

Implying SRP never happened/isn't a thing.

deluxulous

not saying it was jake but it was jake

Lent23

Quote from: PistolKid on 18-02-2012

not saying it was jake but it was jake
lol welcome to srp where Jake ruins fun
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

KingArthur

Back on topic, So we are starting at around level 15. Should be pretty easy to stay in one spot (Lower level areas). Events -shouldnt- be that hard to do, just accumulate enough people in one spot and send them off to do somthing/instance/interesting thing. Taverns, of course, should be the main meeting point. I doubt anyone can argue that. I can almost garentee that everyone will rise in levels together. We should have one central meeting point (A bar, perhaps) Unless you are out RPing with a group you met at said bar. I am sure we will all passively/subconsciously accept something.
Wether it be

or

Dungeon_Lord

The tier idea is good and I have nothing against it since 15 is around the level when you start getting kool looking gear and more variety so it won't be hard for people to rp as some mystic warrior at that level. Of course personally I plan to play as a Dwarf Wanderer, which usually consist of a hunter class of some sort so they can survive the harsh terrains of the wild. My character won't be alliance or horde due to his outgoing and adventurous spirit.

KingArthur

Yea its possible to set people neutral to both sides, so you can engage in roleplay with people of both sides, or even go as far as enter a city. But tbh i really do not see an orc entering stormwind, like, at all. Nor a human entering Orgrimmar. Lore plainly states humans and orcs DO NOT like each other.

Chrono

I am really liking these ideas...tuesday can't come soon enough.

Ragolution

Quote from: Chrono on 19-02-2012
I am really liking these ideas...tuesday can't come soon enough.

Yeah that's a preemptive date.
I'm pretty much cut off from my data so work is heavily stunted.

At best, right now, we're looking at Thursday being the day.