[Lore][Religion] Shine & Thok

Started by RanmaChan, 20-12-2020

RanmaChan

Journal of Phar Alkadizar,
Nomas Explorator and Merchantman

One of the more interesting, and basic, religions I have come across seems to have been created by the people of Runehaven; and it is still followed by their descendants. They believe in Shine, or Big Shine, the sun god/sun lord, and Thok, the god of rock and the earth. When compared to the Drutche Pantheon, or really most others, it all seems quite simplistic, but beautiful in that simplicity. The earth and sun provided them with food and wood. The earth provided them with materials for their homes and tools, while the sun gave them warmth, daytime, and life. It was a very basic system, but it worked for them.

I once had the pleasure of staying at a town who followed Shine and Thok during their festivities at the end of their year, called Jeethmas. It takes starts, oddly enough, during the first full moon of the summer. It is associated with patience, a search for inner harmony, and beauty. It is also associated with flowers, doves, and redwood trees. Celebrations last sixteen days from dawn till dawn again. Traditions include public and private swearing of oaths and theatrical productions. From what I learned of those I stayed with, several different settlements and groups nearby all celebrated it differently, but still at the same time of year.

It is an interesting, simplistic religion, but a peaceful and pleasant one, which is really more than you could hope for when looking at the brutal deities of the C'tis, or the nightmarish intricacies and length of the Ermori Pantheon. If I have the chance I think I will go back again one day, and join the celebrations once again.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

hold the fuck on did you just steal my religion

RanmaChan

I am spreading your religion to the masses.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."