[Lore][Race] Wood Elves

Started by meldin, 12-03-2012

meldin

Discovered in an old cache of scrolls and books sealed in a burial tomb outside the ruins of Runehaven, are a series of scholarly writings on the Wood Elves of Aceon:

The Wood Elves have been living in deepest forests of Aceon for many years. Spending their entire lives in such a unique environment has made them attuned to nature in a way very few races ever achieve. At early childhood, the children spend most of the time exploring the vast woods, learning about the animals and the many plants around them. By their early teens, the Wood Elves already know the art of the bow and are starting to hunt with their fathers. Young adults normally are the hunters and gatherers of the village. Some especially gifted Wood Elves skilled in magic will apprentice themselves to their shamanistic orders, learning not just spells but also advanced medicines and holy prayers.

Wood elves are normally quite curious and like to explore, taking them to places far away from their homes. The Wood Elves are very peaceful and are not know to quarrel with the other races. Most have a basic understanding of natural medicines and will almost always choose the bow over the sword. Normally used to their secluded woodlands, Wood Elves are normally timid or even scared while around other races, even the other elven races.

RanmaChan

You were supposed to PM it to me before you posted it so I could check it there, but this is well done, ill add it to the index.  Have you worked on Grey Elves yet?
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

meldin

Not yet, I don't want to rush the lore. I want it to be unique and informative, that takes thinking time and my thinker already has enough on it's plate. I'll probably have it for tomorrow or wednesday, maybe even tonight if it comes to me quick enough.

fordwell

Looks excellent to me, nice work.