[Lore][Race] C'tis

Started by RanmaChan, 12-03-2012

RanmaChan

Journal of Phar Alkadizar,
Nomas Explorator and Merchantman

I consider myself a well travelled person, I have been North to the Ena'thi-Wastes and South to the ruins of Ermor, and I have seen all manner of different races and people, from Argetvallorn to Weld, even Gray Orcs. I don't consider myself a racist person, or a purist human. So when I say that the C'tis of my homeland in the Nomas deserts should be avoided at all costs, ostracized in all ways, and excluded from society, I say it in as polite a way as possible. If that is possible. But it is true! The C'tis are a cruel, malevolent race, and I have not met many different from the description of absolutely terrifying. If any race on Aceon could be said to be evil, it is the C'tis...

Nomas, my homeland, is a desert in the centre of Aceon's main continent, and unfortunately my people have the displeasure of sharing it with the C'tis. Where we, the Nomas, build our homes in towns and cities based around rivers and the occasional oasis to survive, and our buildings low to the ground in protection from sandstorms, the C'tis seem to disregard these two essential facts of desert life, or rather, have adapted differently I suppose.

Their towns and cities rarely conflict with ours for territory, as they build out in the desert where normal men would perish.  I believe they dig deep into the ground, and utilize subterranean streams, but I am not sure. From my dealings with them, it would seem the C'tis need to drink only rarely, their scales or bodies seeming to hold in moisture. They are able to walk around mid day during the sun's highest points, and I suppose I would love the killing heat too if I was cold blooded, but I digress. I have seen them go about their daily business during a sandstorm as if it were nothing, and their cities reflect this.

Their structures rise high into the sky, huge triangular shaped buildings they call 'pyramids' and sometimes 'ziggurats'. And each of these immense buildings is at once a temple, a community, and a passage to their underground lairs. So far they don't seem too bad, a bit different, surely not evil, but I haven't described how they worship their gods. They keep captives from conquests and buy slaves from other races, just to sacrifice them at their temples. At the top of their greatest pyramids they take living, sentient beings, and mutilate them, letting the blood run through grooves in the stonework. It is only once they are done their blood-letting and cutting that they finally end the life of their sacrifice. Too many of my people's lives have ended this way in the past.

And when they have no captives, and no slaves, they sacrifice each other.

It is said that the reason the Ermorian Empire fell was because of the C'tis. The Ermorians wanted every race and civilization to join their empire, and assimilate into their city and culture, but the C'tis didn't. It is said that the C'tis sent infiltrators in the guise of diplomats, and introduced what ever hellish deity they worship into the Ermorian Pantheon, destabilizing the society. It is also said that they are the ones who assassinated the Emperor of Ermor, but in the end there is no truth, just rumours and tales to scare children.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

2ktaco

I LOOOOOVE EEEET. Now I know why port said stop making new races, theres so many I want to play as that I cant make up my mind.  :'(

RanmaChan

Quote from: 2ktaco on 13-03-2012
I LOOOOOVE EEEET. Now I know why port said stop making new races, theres so many I want to play as that I cant make up my mind.  :'(

These aren't new. Port used em (but didn't play as them) back when Ermor was around. I just fleshed them out a bit more.

DracoRailgun

What exactly do C'tis look like?

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DracoRailgun on 28-06-2013
What exactly do C'tis look like?
Sort of like lizard-people.

Ragolution

RanmaChan

Yeah, like that.

Ragolution