[Lore][Race] Goblins

Started by CPftw, 29-03-2012

CPftw

The following was found in an old undelivered letter, the mail pouch still clutched in the mummified hands of the courier:

Excerpt taken from the scroll: 'A Treatise on Goblin Kind and Their Respective Sub-Races.' Written by Professor Alcinous Phemus head of biological and racial research at the Arcturum Provectum College of Greater Knowledge~~

A primitive race that has had very little notice in our current times. What notice it has received is not what one would call 'generous'. Goblins as such are generally a vile, ill-tempered lot; they keep to themselves and when confronted on their own are one of the most cowardly little tykes imaginable! They secret themselves away from the forever gazing eye of humanity and take a reclusive seat to watch events unfold. It is a disaster, however, when a large gathering of goblins occurs (the collective being known accurately as a 'riot' of goblins); they are a cause of rampant destruction and wanton savagery. A goblin can be a quiet friend to you on their own but, when with a group, will happily attack and savage your knee-caps before robbing your crippled body.

~~Extract from 'The History Of Inferior Races' author unknown~~

Sheltered away in forests and sea coves, the Goblins have built themselves deep into the lands of Aceon. Pathetic in singularity and vicious in multitudes. Forever in the background of other cultures and races, the Goblins have had few extraordinary happenings. Spread across Aceon, they have been recorded as reserves in epic battles or minority sufferers at the hands of tyrants. Many Goblin holds can be found in and under the ruins of razed towns and villages; one such hold was found by the descendants of the previous Skandan inhabitants. A brief purge of Goblin kind followed, leaving Skandans and Goblins on less than amiable terms. Little else can be said of the Goblins, perhaps in the future a vibrant and intriguing history can be wrought?

-

I have included the only two points of interest found in all of the library concerning the Goblin race. I must kindly ask you to stop requesting new information regarding the Goblins, I am aware of the lack of relevant material and apologize for it. If it would help it would appear that the stereotype of Goblins is essentially correct. Shy and reclusive when living alone but their confidence grows exponentially when found in numbers, this confidence is expressed as violent tendencies and lewd behaviour in general. I hope this is satisfactory for your research.
Kind regards.

Terrence Halfern
Assistant Head Librarian of Thorn Academy
pffft

RanmaChan

Again, this is pretty good like the other two, but it really needs a bit more.  Please try to add to it when you can.  Ill still add it to the race listings though.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."