Starbound RP: Discuss

Started by Steven :D, 20-01-2013

Ragolution

Dungeon_Lord

I votin' the yesin' on the Starbound.

Caphori lost all interestingness and most of my time of the server was spent fixing my house because a nut job got on the server with 999 stack of bombs/dynamite and felt like a pretty house deserves to be destroyed. I feel like the more personalization of Starbound such as ships and things will make trolling a lot harder to and from what I've heard regulating who gets on the server will be easier too.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Ragolution

Dungeon_Lord

So are we going to use the same system for Starbound as is being used for Caphori? I'm totally fine with the way applicants are excepted and all. The house limit of course won't exist because of Starbound's personal ships and endless planets. Though I hope that the restriction system of items and things your allowed to have won't exist or at least not be so goddamn in the way of role-play. Because it started as a way to regulate role-play to stop people everyone from having hell gear and whats not, but over time evolved into more of a way of rewarding friends with stuff normal people aren't allowed to ever get.

Ragolution

Dungeon_Lord

lolKieck

░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ragolution

My signature contains 30% more starbound per square centimeter.

Syndraell

Hopefully the Application system will not be needed in Starbound.
Personally, i'd rather do something akin to the building permissions like Aceon...
However, I do not want to have the Starbound server being a copy of Aceon/Caphori.

On another note, i'm sure Starbound can be multiple designs of gameplay.
Meaning that there can be planets that are in different Eras, such as medieval or western, etc.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Maxi96203

Quote from: James Almasy on 11-04-2013
Personally, i'd rather do something akin to the building permissions like Aceon...
However, I do not want to have the Starbound server being a copy of Aceon/Caphori.

Meaning that there can be planets that are in different Eras, such as medieval or western, etc.

what about eastern
can i lead the politburo
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

the_grub

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 11-04-2013

what about eastern
can i lead the politburo

Sure
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

Dungeon_Lord

If there is Northern I will lead the a viking clan, because ya know. Vikings.

Ragolution

INA7HAN

That's a pretty cool idea, everyone doesn't have to be flying spaceships with laser guns etc, could have planets with people not even in the industrial era/phase etc.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Steven :D

agreed, i've had enough nightmares of applications. its time for change.

INA7HAN

Without applications we'll definately have more people on the server and if they are trolls then they can't exactly break anything etc without build rights and they could just be kicked if they're trolling chat or something like that.

I'm guessing the build rights/permission will be given to people that get reccomendations from the playerbase and not so much admins, as well admins aren't on all the time?

Maxi96203

I pre-ordered Starbound.
Don't you disappoint me.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Silver Knight

Quote from: Steven :D on 12-04-2013

agreed, i've had enough nightmares of applications. its time for change.

Will take awhile for some platform of scripting that has a plugin like that to appear.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Edvyn

I would be up for developing some server lore once the starbound server comes out - a spacefaring technocracy based on Aeon Flux's Goodchild regime could be fun.

Syndraell

Quote from: Edvyn on 08-05-2013
I would be up for developing some server lore once the starbound server comes out - a spacefaring technocracy based on Aeon Flux's Goodchild regime could be fun.

That sounds pretty badass, to be honest.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

INA7HAN

I'd like to help with the lore and the creation of the server when starbound is released, I'm guessing you'll need help building the server and the world before opening it up to public.

Steven :D

Quote from: INA7HAN on 10-05-2013I'd like to help with the lore and the creation of the server when starbound is released, I'm guessing you'll need help building the server and the world before opening it up to public.
yep
www.steamcommunity.com/id/stevencortez

bastidon

I'll pitch in however I can, if I may. Even if I'm not allowed to help build or do lore, you can't stop me from lending moral support! ...Well you could...but look at this pleading face...you can't deny it! Can you?

But yeah, I'll help if I'm allowed.
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

Ragolution

So  I guess we're not doing this anymore?

Silver Knight

I accidentally removed the forums for it when removing your starmade board. Currently we are refocusing our attention onto MetroRP and Minecraft for now.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period