Starbound RP: Discuss

Started by Steven :D, 20-01-2013

Syndraell

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 11-02-2013
So, anyone have any ideas for the possible future unnamed replacement of Caphori that's made in Starbound? Taking elements from books like Dune and other famous sci-fi books/movies woul be interesting.
While I guess there's not enough information about the game to plan ahead a lot, we can always brainstorm.

I've had a good few ideas for it. although no idea for the name of the server.

It's easy to name a land, but a pain to name a galaxy.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: James Almasy on 11-02-2013
So, anyone have any ideas for the possible future unnamed replacement of Caphori that's made in Starbound? Taking elements from books like Dune and other famous sci-fi books/movies woul be interesting.
While I guess there's not enough information about the game to plan ahead a lot, we can always brainstorm.

I've had a good few ideas for it. although no idea for the name of the server.

It's easy to name a land, but a pain to name a galaxy.

Make it like, Annaquotus IV.
Sounds really fucking slick.

Syndraell

I was thinking of a nod to a certain reference.

like "Endless Flight" or "Last Frontier"

CoolFeerman

Haha, I guess. It probably won't be noticed or appreciated by many, but the thought still counts, and to the people who understand it, well, kudos for them.

Syndraell

Haha, I guess. It probably won't be noticed or appreciated by many, but the thought still counts, and to the people who understand it, well, kudos for them.

Honestly though... It needs to be good.
Until i can actually rack my brain for the right thing, It's going to be cheap shots.

At least i've got Two Major factions in thought for RP Purposes, a sort of storyline. ONE of which may/may not be responsible for the destruction of the player's home planet.

CoolFeerman

Until i can actually rack my brain for the right thing, It's going to be cheap shots.

At least i've got Two Major factions in thought for RP Purposes, a sort of storyline. ONE of which may/may not be responsible for the destruction of the player's home planet.

That's a little cliche. I mean I guess it's fine, just don't turn it into some major "I'm a fucking badass seeking revenge" sort of thing, please.

Syndraell

That's a little cliche. I mean I guess it's fine, just don't turn it into some major "I'm a fucking badass seeking revenge" sort of thing, please.

I meant for the Characters who join. One is an Empire, and the other is an Alliance. Sure, sounds a bit cliche, but everything has been done before. you can only hope to do it again and make it ten times badass.

CoolFeerman

I meant for the Characters who join. One is an Empire, and the other is an Alliance. Sure, sounds a bit cliche, but everything has been done before. you can only hope to do it again and make it ten times badass.

Haha, I guess.

Syndraell

Haha, I guess.

Also, how about Endless Continuum as the server name? (I don't even know, don't try to ask )

CoolFeerman

Haha, I guess.

Also, how about Endless Continuum as the server name? (I don't even know, don't try to ask )

Eh, sounds good.

Minion

Has a ring to it. As for the galaxies I was thinking about a sort of system. something like "Sector 1-12. Sector 1-1. Sector 1-2" In the examples Im using the starting galaxy as the center, then I break up all of the galaxies into rings. The second number is taken from a standard clock to mark its position on the map. I really wish I was capable enough to draw up what I mean.

CAMaera

Quote from: Minion on 12-02-2013

Has a ring to it. As for the galaxies I was thinking about a sort of system. something like "Sector 1-12. Sector 1-1. Sector 1-2" In the examples Im using the starting galaxy as the center, then I break up all of the galaxies into rings. The second number is taken from a standard clock to mark its position on the map. I really wish I was capable enough to draw up what I mean.

...Starbound has names for each planet already, and solar systems, etc. I don't think we'll be able to rename them/would want to, so I think it'll just stay as it is. I could be wrong, though. Maybe renaming planets will be allowed.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: max0596 on 12-02-2013

...Starbound has names for each planet already, and solar systems, etc. I don't think we'll be able to rename them/would want to, so I think it'll just stay as it is. I could be wrong, though. Maybe renaming planets will be allowed.

nigga dat gay

Syndraell

I've seen over at the forums they have that you will be able to rename planets.

Solar systems... I dunno about that yet, we'll see.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: James Almasy on 12-02-2013

I've seen over at the forums they have that you will be able to rename planets.

Solar systems... I dunno about that yet, we'll see.

Surely so. Anyone have an idea how big the universe/galaxy will be, and how taxing it will be on bandwidth?

Syndraell

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 13-02-2013
Surely so. Anyone have an idea how big the universe/galaxy will be, and how taxing it will be on bandwidth?

Dunno. We'll have to wait and see about that one.
I wouldn't mind asking over at the forums if it'll help prepare HGN.

Syndraell

Alright. New Race! The Glitch.

The Glitch were part of a program invented by an unknown race of enormous intelligence, they were built as a means of simulating the social and technological progress of a civilization.

These experiments took place in a vast number of regions across the Universe, despite changing a plethora of variables each civilization eventually destroyed itself when it's technological progression began to overtake it's social progression.  All but the Glitch.

For reasons unknown a fault caused the Glitch to become stuck early in the simulation, where they now remain. The experiment long abandoned, the Glitch are unable to shake their Medieval values and beliefs. They're entirely unaware of their origin and are built to experience the feelings and desires of any other sentient organism.

The Glitch reproduce by finding a mate and physically building a new Glitch together. Occasional faults in this process has caused Glitch to be produced free from the limitations of their programming. Entirely self aware and full of advanced knowledge, these Glitch are generally thought to be insane and are hunted, imprisoned and executed.

Small numbers of  faulty Glitch have managed to escape their homeworlds and set up villages amongst the Stars.

And Some Screenshots too.

INA7HAN

Cool ((Exile needs to remove me from Terraria Admin ))
{Why? Tired of admin?}

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

bastidon

Really loving all the Brainstorming, when this is up, sign my ass on. I'm loving Endless Continuum or Endless Flight. I also agree that there should be a faction system, and that the typical Republic/Empire works well. I think that maybe there could be a third, neutral party. I have no idea whether there is space combat, like ship to ship, but if there is R v E and Neutral could attack and be attacked by anyone. Maybe a defect system? Just spewing out ideas. And I like the idea of crews and ships being formed by groups of people. And and and and and and and and and. Well, this is just my current waterfall of ideas, terrible or good. And all I have to say, is there better be a shirtless Sulu on my ship AT ALL TIMES.   
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

Maxi96203

hi! welcome to EVE! but on Starbound!
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Syndraell

Quote from: bastidon on 14-02-2013
And all I have to say, is there better be a shirtless Sulu on my ship AT ALL TIMES.

Shirtless, you say? Whilst fencing? But fear not the sour smell of sweat...

Sulu from Excelsior!
To Boldly Smell like no man has Smelt before!

bastidon

Quote from: James Almasy on 14-02-2013
Quote from: bastidon on 14-02-2013
And all I have to say, is there better be a shirtless Sulu on my ship AT ALL TIMES.

Shirtless, you say? Whilst fencing? But fear not the sour smell of sweat...

Sulu from Excelsior!
To Boldly Smell like no man has Smelt before!

Ooooh Myyyy.

INA7HAN

Quote from: INA7HAN on 14-02-2013
{Why? Tired of admin?}
Said on Terraria admin rooster
-INA7HAN dismissed?

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

bastidon

This site may be bullshit or it may have real information, yet I'm putting it here anyway. So yeah.
http://starbound.wikia.com/wiki/Known_so_far

Syndraell

Quote from: INA7HAN on 15-02-2013
Quote from: INA7HAN on 14-02-2013
{Why? Tired of admin?}
Said on Terraria admin rooster
-INA7HAN dismissed?

We haven't seen you on for a while, so we assumed that you got bored.